The announcement of the VBU

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

1d20

The announcement of the VBU

Post by 1d20 »

Hello,

As per the announcement on the news page, could I get something clarified? If I understand well, basically, anything our characters can carry on them is will be what they can bring with them? So will this mean people with higher strength in the game will be able to carry along more items than other players or am I misunderstanding a specific detail?

Also, what is the limit of time to "stuff" our character with as much stuff as we want them to bring with them to the mainland before it's too late and we're all in the new world?

Thanks!
Lillian

Re: The announcement of the VBU

Post by Lillian »

Karl wrote:As per the announcement on the news page, could I get something clarified? If I understand well, basically, anything our characters can carry on them is will be what they can bring with them?
Yes.
Karl wrote:So will this mean people with higher strength in the game will be able to carry along more items than other players or am I misunderstanding a specific detail?
Higher strenght means that you can carry more. There are no other regulations.
Karl wrote:Also, what is the limit of time to "stuff" our character with as much stuff as we want them to bring with them to the mainland before it's too late and we're all in the new world?
You will have enough time to get your affairs in order :wink: You could do it now or tomorrow or in a week. There will be an annoucement on the specific date when it will be too late. But rest assured there will be enough time.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Another thing to keep in mind is that there is the possibility that some items in the current client might not exist after the VBU, so perhaps not everything your character can carry will survive the trip across the pond.

On the plus side: There will be so many new things for your characters to find and have and create and enjoy!
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

I think it'd be neat if coins "vanished". :)
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Karl wrote:I think it'd be neat if coins "vanished". :)

Whaaat! i hope just yours vanish!
A concerned dwarf. :lol:
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Truth is, I was hoping for a fresh start for everyone. :)

I've got way too many gold coins which I feel were too easy to acquire. I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same.

Iunno, either way I can't wait for the VBU!
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

There will be some form of inflation, so even if you bring 100 gold coins along, they will be worth much less than now. One of my chars has 100 gold coins, but I am too lazy to collect them anyway... :twisted:
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

The swine o' a coin dealer!
I knew it! how else was the "sod" te get so rich? 'oh yes i will change your coins at no cost whatsoever'. Bah! wos always suspicious.
Hes been melting them down and giving us debased metal in return ,i would na be surprised if the gold coins we has aint 50% copper!