Varshikar Magery Academy

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Post by Jeremy Gems Willowbrook »

Rhiannon,
In order to join the Academy you will need to arrange citizenship of Varshikar. This should be a formality. Athian is prepared to train you as his student so I am sure he will approve your citizenship.
The choice to join Athian or the VMA is yours. Joining one or the other now does not mean you cannot change at a later time. At this time, even though magic training will be carried out by the Archmages, the VMA offers support to its members who can draw from each others knowledge and experience. In this way we hope to achieve a greater level of success for all our members. Athian will, no doubt, offer similar help and is a very good teacher.
I look forward to hearing your decision.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Head of The Varshikar Magery Academy
Shorty

Sifilion

Post by Shorty »

I am Sifilion and would like to become a member of this guild. I am a Lizard who was orphaned at a very yound age and was raised by a man who was indeed well off as far as magical talent. However nothing I know seems to work here and would like to learn the ways of the wizard as they are taught here in Illarion. I am very well educated and due to that have lost most of my orignal lizard speaking habits such as the continuation of S's during speech. I am quick to learn and slow to use and always think ahead before casting as magic is best served with an analytical mind. I am not a citizen of Varshikar yet but i am working on that as i write this. please consider this application as is was written with the best of hope and with Illarions future in mind. Thank you for your time,

Sifilion
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Greetings Sifilion,
The VMA will be happy to accept you as a probationer upon confirmation of your citizenship.
However, you should be informed that we are not able to teach directly at this time. Until such time as I am able to learn enough of their art to begin teaching again, the only source of magic is the Gobiath Academy. So I would suggest that you sign up with the Gobiath Academy to begin learning. Inform them that you are also a member of the VMA when you apply.
When I am able to teach again the VMA will resume its normal operation.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Shorty

Sifilion

Post by Shorty »

Thank you for your speedy response to my letter jeremy, and i am saddened to leaern of your disfunction at the moment and hope you will be able to share with me your knowledge shortly. I will indeed make my appeal to the Gobaith Academy and perhaps with a letter of approval that bears your seal and a little luck i will be accepted. I do however have question. When my citizenship is finalized with Varshikar will I still be able to join with the gobaith academy and continue my presence here as well?
Do no hasten your reply on this issue as it is a simple question for you to answer no doubt, i did just want to check on that as a formality. Again thank you for your time in this matter and hope to speak with you soon.

Sifilion
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Sifilion,
Yes it is acceptable to be a member of the VMA and the Gobiath Academy. I fear a letter from myself holds no weight with the Gobiath Academy. In their eyes I am no different to yourself until I can prove my ability to them.
They will examine your aura in order to determine your suitability. I cannot alter that for you I am afraid!
Good luck with your application. Study hard. Gods willing the VMA will be able to return to normal operating soon.

Jeremy
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

The VMA building (building directly North of the Sheep enclosure) has recently been extended and renovated. All students and visitors are welcome. However, the building also serves as my and Maries home. We would therefore ask that you respect our home. Do not seek to gain entry except at a reasonable time and get permission before entering. Hopefully in the near future our home and the VMA will be seperated. At this time the VMA building will be open to all at all times. In the meantime we thank you for your patience in this matter.

Jeremy Willowbrook
jregan91

Post by jregan91 »

I would like to join the VMA please

yours sincerly peter kelly
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Greetings Peter,
Thank you for your interest in the VMA. I hope to be able to arrange to meet with you to discuss matters very shortly.

Yours
Jeremy Willowbrook
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

For the forseeable future I leave Marie Tolong in sole charge of the VMA.
She has my full authority until such time as I return. Support her well.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

I shall return to my position with effect from tomorrow.
My thanks to Marie for standing in for me.

Jeremy
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Welcome back Jeremy, im sure there is alot which awaits your expertise.

Aristeaus
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

All students of the Academy wishing to remain on the active list please contact myself as soon as possible.
We are working on improving our skills in order to commence teaching as soon as possible. In the meantime we will try to prepare some other lessons so that all students have something to work on.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Head of the Varshikar Magery Academy
Misjilah

Post by Misjilah »

I received note today that William Elderberry is a part of this academy, and is being taught magic. I wish to inquire what made you decide that he is worthy, and whether he is capable to handle such a load?
He is the most mentally incapable person I have ever met, and I ask of sir Willowbrook that he is removed from the guild. If not, I would most certainly would like to speak with you sir Willowbrook concerning his training, for I feel he will be a menace to this island if he ever learns magic.

May the Five grant you insight,

ImageLady MehialhoImage
-Magistress
-Librarian of Vanima
-Adjutor of the Grey Light
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

Lady Mehialho,

Thank ye for publicly insulting a member of our town. Clearly informing the whole island of Gobaith of your opinion was necessary, and ye could not have simply kept your opinion private and this issue could not be dealt with through doves. It is a good thing that ye are an elfess, or I'm sure I duel on the basis of lost honor would be a possibility. I think ye have much to learn in the art of diplomacy.

Rogan Silverbeard
Voligne

Post by Voligne »

Ah am the dwarf Valinis, and strange as it may seem ah would like ta join the mages academy, ma father bein a mage an a famous one too. So ah am fallowin his footsteps.
jregan91

Post by jregan91 »

now that i have been given the privalage of varshikar citezenship i would like to join this academy and take the path of magery

~~Peter Kelly~~
Last edited by jregan91 on Thu May 25, 2006 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Peter,
We will meet to discuss your joining the VMA in due course.
In the meantime please send me a dove explaining your reasons for wishing to learn magic and why you think you are suitable for such training.

Jeremy Willowbrook
VMA

Post by VMA »

Would all currently active students and prospective students contact myself by dove immediately to confirm your status with the VMA. Thank you.
I will be arranging a preliminary lesson shortly.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Hadre Taliset

Post by Hadre Taliset »

Jeremy

This is indeed news I have been waiting for. I am still interested and ready.

Hadre Taliset
VMA

Post by VMA »

In preparation for the commencement of the new Academy building would all students begin gathering whatever building materials they can. Please store these materials for the time being until I can arrange to collect them.
We will need a great deal of all building materials and tools so please begin collecting as much as you can immediately. Thank you.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Head of the Varshikar Magery Academy
Sore Leate

Post by Sore Leate »

Hello,

I am still looking forward to learn. I have been away for a a couple of weeks and have just got back.

Sore Leate
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Please continue gathering materials for the new building and send me a list of anything you have collected to date. Thank you.
Hopefully some form of training will be able to begin soon.

Jeremy
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Please send me a dove with details of any materials you have gathered for the new Academy building. Thank you.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Today the Varshikar Magery Academy finally closes its doors.
My apologies to all of you who have waited for the Academy to become fully active but it is not possible to keep open a school with nothing to teach and nobody to teach it to.
I fought a long time to keep the school open before magic returned to our lands. Unfortunately the mana pattern settled unkindly for us and the Gobiath Academy arose under the Archmages as the only source of learning the new system. Still I have struggled on for many months trying to get to a point of understanding and skill within the new pattern to be able to bring that knowledge to you. Alas the pattern is still not fully settled and is constantly shifting. The most promising among you can probably sense this too. I feel another large shift is coming soon.
Unfortunately in the face of so many constant changes it is not possible to maintain the VMA any longer. Thank you to all who showed interest in the VMA. Once again I apologise that your wait has been in vain.
With a heavy heart I hereby declare the VMA closed.

From this moment on the VMA building will become the library of Varshikar.

((MOD please lock this thread. Thanks.))