The New Fighting system

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Llama

Post by Llama »

Agreed. I've seen mummies take off 1/8th of my health with 2 hits

Yet healing rate seems faster as well
Crothu Inkathurg

Post by Crothu Inkathurg »

I got this skill called wrestling that i didn't know you could have before. Is it new with the new fighting system?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Wrestling = unarmed combat...
Markous

Post by Markous »

Crothu Inkathurg wrote:I got this skill called wrestling that i didn't know you could have before. Is it new with the new fighting system?
Indeed. Fighting with hands.
Crothu Inkathurg

Thats what i thought.
Crothu Inkathurg

I know these skills so far.

Dodge
Parry
Slashing Weapons
Puncture Weapons
Concussion Weapons
Tactics
Wrestling
Anymore that i don't know about?
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Hmm....now i dont ever hit any players, and they hit me easily, its like Arameh became very clumsy. Retlak pwns me, and it was the opposite before, i find it very strange.
Urilen Quanasuard

Post by Urilen Quanasuard »

Retlak said he had high intelligence... maybe that is it?
Athian

Post by Athian »

forgot poisoning on that list there.
Crothu Inkathurg

How do you get that? And thanks
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

Use poisoned weapons.
Crothu Inkathurg

I know that..What kinds of poisoned weapons are there. Are they any good?
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

find out IG.
Sate

Post by Sate »

UGG! I'm hating this new system. Sorry, but I have to take special routes around the desert now becuase, even with 19 Constitution, I can get poisoned and die with it at full health.

Mummies pwn my character now, Pigs take 4 hits with an exelent warhammer, two fly swarms mean a good chunk of HP gone, and Bandits are as impossible as the rest.

I have to train on flies and pigs again? :?
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Well, the new fighting system made weak fighters, weaker, and stronger fighters, stronger, as simple as that. Tactic is an essencial skill now, no one has it, and this is why NPCs seems overpowered, just keep training, and dont use excellent stuff on pigs ^^
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

haha Ara didnt amke stronger fighters stronger because Gabon seems much weaker than he did before
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Arameh too, he is a sissy now ^^. I dont know why, i talk for the main part. Mainly, strong got stronger weak got weaker. But some strong fighters got much weaker, strangely. Arameh by example, gets beaten easily by Retlak, it was the opposite before, and even when i wear better stuff. You say youre weaker too Gabon, thats possible, i think its because of a certain stat, maybe dexterity, or agility, who now makes the whole difference..
Kl'urk

Post by Kl'urk »

Same with Kl'urk. He was a good fighter before the server change. He was a dangerous opponent. Now he is a weak joke. He loses easily against the other fighters. He don't even hit them, since their high skilled dodge protects them better than ever before! A warrior in heavy metal armor dodges from 10 hits often 7. That is a joke!

And Kl'urk can't become better. I duelled with light weapons for minutes with Berengar, who has his skills maxed. I reached my skillcap. But in two duels with him, i only got one time a skillraise! But I am still too weak to be any threat for him.

The new fighting systhem needs many changes. First one: Take dodge completlty from every warrior fighting in metal armor more heavy than chain or light elven armor. Everything else is just stupid.
Athian

Post by Athian »

it's because *stuff* acts differently now. for those of you not paying attention. you can lose in elven silversteel to a person wearing armor half as good. basically you'll have to relearn the system and try to balance out your character. no one will be invincible and alot of people you used to beat easily may now take actual effort.
Kl'urk

Post by Kl'urk »

It is the same with both using same armor and weapons
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

I think it is because agility or dexterity got too much needed now, i also dosent hit anything. Sometimes i wear my best armor kit, and i lose before even hitting my opponent, i means wtf. And yes...peoples still dodges in heavy armors.
Athian

Post by Athian »

well theres still some things to be balanced out no doubt. i'm sure theres little things that arne't spoken that matter

p.s. somehow i find this ironically pleasing. no more overpowered fighters :twisted: :wink:
Kl'urk

Post by Kl'urk »

In pvp there are still overpowered fighters. Like Berengar and Salathe. Salathe kills Kl'urk with 4-5 strokes. Kl'urks attacks he dodges and parry easily. And Kl'urk has yellow parry and slashing.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Stephen can pwn arameh in 3 hits .. i reckon he may be strongest fighter now.
I do agree, stephen is wearing elven silversteel armour, greaves, steel boots, helm and gloves. His dodge is at 115 (old client) which is mediocre but he can still dodge a helluva lot. He shouldn't be dodging this much.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Overpowered fighters?? Retlak hit me 3 times, i had maybe 2% healt, i coulnt see my bar, he succeds hitting me each time strangely.
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

i dont understand how you got Dodge that high in the first place...i have had dodge for just about as long as i have had parry and slashing and mine is still the darkest blue...people say it goes up on its own but i sure havent seen any changes over the long period of time i have played Gabon
Last edited by Gabon Corad on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

oh well we can just blindly assume the orcs are being helped again by gms :roll: :lol:
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

then why dont i get any of this help? and Gms never helped us when i was leader of the Shadow horde...if thats what your talking about
Last edited by Gabon Corad on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Athian

Post by Athian »

parry i have seen. mostly i see fighters parry eachother in duels. dodge i hardly see as often. as i said there must be some reason that some are strong and some are weak just have to figure it out. maybe a Dev will grace us with some answers.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

concerning dodge, towards the last 3 weeks i discovered battling with shields ended up giving you more dodge. I don't know if that is still true with the new fighting system.
Also fighting people who use puncture weaponry such as rapiers would probably force your character to dodge the thin weapon rather then parry. Also being hit by distance weapons i assume raising dodge, but well, dont make sense to let an archer shoot at you now does it ...