The Quest

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Arameh

The Quest

Post by Arameh »

The quest with the skeletons army that attack people is good,but some things of it annoy me.Like i trained my character a lot since i play and some gm i think come and get invincible and kill strong warriors in 3 hits,i know its part of the quest but still i dont like that.And the skeletons that attack the other ones too is annoying,cant you make them stop attacking certain peoples like Dravish and Aegohl and all player followers of lets say the dark path,it would be nice.Its because i have done hard work on training my character and some peoples that did nothing on theirs are stronger than me that what reallt annoy me,i would like to have some opinions.
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

The npcs attack the nearest target to get them to pick up who to attack and who not to. Is a complex script that would only be realised in the future when people can summon familiars.

As to people who did no work, you have to look at in relation to role playing. There characters are not for playing they are "pawns" in the quest they get no reward and there characters will be destroyed in the end. Dravish was a character who some one put a lot of time into before his change.
Basically attacking undead horrors, while being an average human is always going to be dangerous no matter how much you skill your character.
Brian
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

i understand what you mean but i still think some of them should be weaker,Dravish is ok but some like Aegohl or another ghost killed Jacob in 3 hits,he was wearing Lor-Angur armor i mean thats too much.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

They have to make super villains with pointless strength and magic because they never put in the RP time to instill fear any other way
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

nah wasnt Aeghol, he would discombobulate you and make you kill yourself.
Brian
Dravish

Post by Dravish »

Fooser wrote:They have to make super villains with pointless strength and magic because they never put in the RP time to instill fear any other way
I put alot of roleplay time in ty Fooser

*pats Fooser on the head*

And since i received a complaint a few days ago, i doubt Dravish shall show himself as much as once before. If the players think it unfair, then so be it.
Fainne

Post by Fainne »

I love the frequent Dravish appearances.
Pendar

Post by Pendar »

I would like to take this chance to say thank you to Dravish having rped with him before and after his change often at length. I would like to remind people that his is an awesome story. He also puts up with a lot from us players; you know he could kill most of us with ease. Yet he has often allowed me and others to chase him around and fight his summoned skeletons when he could just cloud us.
This is a being of pure pain a walking demon/lich not your damn neighbor. If it was dravish many more may have died...his patience is exemplarily and i for one am grateful for his contribution.

Also dravish dear skeleton that you are, you need to remember that one or two players do not make up the communitys view. I for one would miss your most hideouse self.
Brian
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Im not talking about Dravish so much as other people, like the ones who randomly appear on the island and do super human things, and it isnt really explained at all
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

yeah Dravish as a reasonable strenght im was not talking about him when i said too strong i was talking about some ghosts and a skeleton that was completely invincible 100% he was surrounded by his skeletons and didnt die in 10 minutes.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Aegohl is my GM character. For the quest I made him into a shadow skeleton, so that we can have the fun of witnessing a talking shadow skeleton. I haven't control+clicked anyone, however. I just summon other skeletons and lead them around.

Most of the times GM's don't #i players, but I did so to you on an official visit, and thus the confusion.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Usually, GM-chars are invincible. This way, we can control monsters and honestly, you don't want to kill a GM, do you? Imagine the loot ;-)

Usually, GM chars do not really fight alot. Most times, we are invisible and try to lure the monsters around so they look "smart".
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Yes. I was going visible to talk to players, like when I told the humans that they may not cross the bridge south of the Grey Refuge or they would surely die. =)

Oh.. and when I made the horribley tongue-in-cheek Urban Dead reference "Grab Manbag! Harm Harm!"
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

its just that sometime i like to duel different things,gm too :cry:
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Oh. Dueling a GM will almost definately kill you. =)

I mean, one click and splat, there you go. Just to give you an idea of how powerful a GM character is:

We generally have all stats set at 250 and all skills at 100.

We can summon any armor and in fact any item to protect ourselves.

We have special GM weapons that are more powerful than player weapons.

We are incapable of running out of potions (see above)

We can do damage at long-distance without running out of arrows with some GM weapons.

We have special magic runes that ressurect/heal or kill instantly.

We can summon critters, go invisible, walk through walls, and teleport at will.

Even if we do die, and I say this while GM's can go toe-to-toe with even the most powerful demon, we don't drop items.

Most of all, you can't run away from us. =)

So you don't want to duel GM's.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Ill take you

Aeghol = n00b
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Fooser wrote:Ill take you

Aeghol = n00b
It's on like Donkey Kong!
Saradomin_Meranwyn

Post by Saradomin_Meranwyn »

No no, Fooser, you see, this is it.

Fooser = King of the Island
Aeghol = N33b Fr00b
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Yes....when the sun is straight above...there shall be gunslinging.

Why do I always spell it Aeghol instead of Aegohl? Pfft
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Saradomin_Meranwyn wrote:No no, Fooser, you see, this is it.

Fooser = King of the Island
Aeghol = N33b Fr00b
I have no idea what you just wrote, but...

I'll take you both at the same time with my stats halved. =)
Saradomin_Meranwyn

Bring it, I'll take you with my hands tied and using my mouth to swing my sword! :wink:
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Fooser will be there, with no armor, because thats how we roll
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

yeah but i think Dravish is vincible is he?
Saradomin_Meranwyn

Nope, he got PWND like a mug by Marius. :wink:
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

what does PWND mean??powered?
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

pwned=owned=beaten big time.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Fooser won the duel. =(
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Who is next? Japheth? Estralis?

:wink:
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

hum vincible is the opposite of invincible,i hope you knew that :wink:
Sitadel

Post by Sitadel »

Arameh_ wrote:hum vincible is the opposite of invincible,i hope you knew that :wink:
No its not!... or is it?