The off topic board.

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

Mishrack?
In Belgium, then moving and waiting to get a new internet connection as far as I know.
Vindigan

Post by Vindigan »

The Off-topic board has problems and this is one I have found.

When i'm looking at the "posts since my last visit" I might see a topic that sounds kind of interesting, but it has 30+ pages to it so I don't bother looking because I think i'd have to read it all before I could join in, but in closer inspection of the topic, the first post is good and the rest is filled with a few people saying random things that are no more than 1 or 2 sentences. The rest of their post is filled with a full quote of the person who posted before them.
Stay on topic? Is it not called, the Off topic board?
The off-topic board is there to talk about things not related to Illarion, and dosn't mean "Talk about things that have nothing to do with the original topic". There might not be a rule to stop people changing topics, but it is just good maners not to and is also knows as, "being mature" which I noticed one of the smapers (just for you Drogla) was trying to earn :P
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

The Returner wrote:
Bloodhearte wrote:So, there are an abundance of people who disagree with you, on more than one board.

And every single one of them are wrong?

Interesting.

I don't intend to turn this subject into a flame war, but there are some things people should follow just out of politeness. Not every single thing should be a written rule. It makes everybody's day, including yours, much easier.
I'll tell you what I told my players,

"I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to run a camp"
You don't run anything on these boards though, so why are you here?
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

So basically, the intelligent mature people don't like us dip shits having our own board? :D
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

Your board?

Well, rent some webspace put a forum on it and call it your board.
But as long as you use this board here you can only refere to "our" or "thier" board.
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Kasume wrote:So basically, the intelligent mature people don't like us dip shits having our own board? :D
Maybe you wanted to word your sentance wrong. :lol:
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

"Our" in your sentence refers to the, whatever you call them, "friends of spam".

So you basicly claimed the Offtopic area as yours, which you expressed with the word "own".

"Our own board".

But you have to respect the rest of the users of this forum and thier right to use every part of it undisturbed by a minority.
Thats what i meant with "our board".
Last edited by Darlok on Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arkadia Misella

Post by Arkadia Misella »

Let me moderate the off topic board and all shall be solved!
~~Vote Ark in 04~~
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

I knew what you meant... :roll:
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

Then why did you antagonise him, you dipshit? This is yet another of the things which you imagine that we find endearing. It isn't. It isn't endearing, like you imagine your literary molestation of our topics.

Perhaps Kasume, you would like to refamiliarise yourself with basic manners and board etiquette. We consider ourselves a mature community, I do at least. No longer should we be forced to read through a topic just to glean the slightest shred of interesting material, the likes posted by Hagen, Moskher and Bloodhearte.

No, instead we're forced to read the various piles of verbal shit that Irania, Quinasa and Kasume serve up to us.
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Then why did you antagonise him, you dipshit? This is yet another of the things which you imagine that we find endearing. It isn't. It isn't endearing, like you imagine your literary molestation of our topics.
Can't ever laugh, can ya?
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Whats funny is, the only people that are breaking the rules, are the ones whining about spam.

*cough* mr.mason reread rule 3 *endcough*
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Okie dokie Seany. Care to point out what rules Darlok, Hermie and I have broken lately? One of your fellow spammers insulted me, the guy behind the monitor, heavily.
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

I've never insulted anyone... Cept Ath... Mostly because he is a jerk to me. :(
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Kasume wrote:Now you're just entering racism.
That was taken from the Off Topic board, just so you know.
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Bloodhearte wrote:
That wasn't an insult... I was stating that you're entering racism territory in the discussion. I wasn't calling you racist...
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Bloodhearte wrote:

How is this an insult?

ITs an implication, an isult would be

"Now your being a racist"

Read the wording.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Even implying such, in my eyes, is an insult. The thing is, it wasn't even race related. It was as if he was just compulsively typing whatever popped into his head.
ezo
Location: Jolly old England. Toodle-pip Heavens above! How smashing!!

Post by ezo »

Kasume recently the off topic board (many others also) has turned to absolute crap, and the reason is that you and your little friends have nothing better to do than write pointless five word posts to eachother.

Go out into the real world and get a job or try taking up a sport, but can you just give us a break from the constant stream of utter rubish that comes from your keyboard.
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Bloodhearte wrote:Even implying such, in my eyes, is an insult. The thing is, it wasn't even race related. It was as if he was just compulsively typing whatever popped into his head.
Because you obviously had not clue at what I was getting at.
Go out into the real world and get a job or try taking up a sport, but can you just give us a break from the constant stream of utter rubish that comes from your keyboard.
I don't feel like it.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Kasume wrote:Because you obviously had not clue at what I was getting at.
And that's my fault?
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

Care to point out what rules Darlok, Hermie and I have broken lately?
Actually, just to refresh my memory, which did I break?
Arkadia Misella

Post by Arkadia Misella »

I agree with Brendan. Just a recap here....
ATHF = Crap and useless spam
Illarion ARG's = Floated between good and bad because of spam
age = Had to be locked because of crap
KH = Floated way off
So, who are you? = Has 13 spam posts per actual content posts

Those were just the top few I looked at.
Off topic means to talk of things not affiliated with Illarion, but many have deemed it neccesary to write anything they want at anytime there....making threads triple in size in a matter of minutes and making it damned near impossible to keep up with them on a once a day basis.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

I hear alot of this "In my eyes" stuff,

In *MY* eyes, I think that not everybody is going to be what YOUR eyes want them to be.
Caranthir the great

The Returner wrote:I hear alot of this "In my eyes" stuff,

In *MY* eyes, I think that not everybody is going to be what YOUR eyes want them to be.
Nobody expects that. What we expect is, that you show decency to others with your behaviour and act (write) according to good manners.

If a rather sizeable group is annoyed by the spamming, then you should perhaps consider ceasing it.
Vindigan

Post by Vindigan »

The Returner wrote:Whats funny is, the only people that are breaking the rules, are the ones whining about spam.

Kasume called himself a "dipshit" so "mr.mason" wasn't breaking any rule.

The "illarion Args" topic started well, but went down hill when certain people posted certain crap.
If it insulted him, it dosn't matter what you were getting at! Maybe The Returner (returned because he broke rules in the past might I add) didn't get what mr.mason was "getting at" :roll:
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Caranthir the great wrote:
The Returner wrote:I hear alot of this "In my eyes" stuff,

Nobody expects that. What we expect is, that you show decency to others with your behaviour and act (write) according to good manners.

If a rather sizeable group is annoyed by the spamming, then you should perhaps consider ceasing it.

and if an even larger group is being classified as spammers?
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Vindigan wrote:
The Returner wrote:Whats funny is, the only people that are breaking the rules, are the ones whining about spam.

Kasume called himself a "dipshit" so "mr.mason" wasn't breaking any rule.

The "illarion Args" topic started well, but went down hill when certain people posted certain crap.
If it insulted him, it dosn't matter what you were getting at! Maybe The Returner (returned because he broke rules in the past might I add) didn't get what mr.mason was "getting at" :roll:

Its still breaking a rule.

I could call myself an asshole, would you make a post right after it calling me an asshole?

Yes I have broken rules in the past. So? Do you have some kind of tendency to try and change an argument based on stale, cold, history?
Caranthir the great

I hardly doubt that this is the actual case, but to put it short: Yes.
There are plenty of unmoderated messageboards across the internet which are ment to be spammed at, the problem is that Off-topic board is not one of them. Hence you should take the spam elsewhere if people are bothered by it. Simple.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Caranthir the great wrote:I hardly doubt that this is the actual case, but to put it short: Yes.
There are plenty of unmoderated messageboards across the internet which are ment to be spammed at, the problem is that Off-topic board is not one of them. Hence you should take the spam elsewhere if people are bothered by it. Simple.
Minority rules, eh?