Powergaming report to GMs

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Jori
Location: How do I know? Maybe I'm not where I htink I am. Or maybe I'm somewhere I think I'm not...

Powergaming report to GMs

Post by Jori »

I was using my dwarf char. I was walking along minding my own business and a lizard starts to constantly follow and push me. I give him several warnings that I will kill him if he continues to push. He keeps pushing so eventually I attack him. I am not a bad fighter as I have been working on getting 500 insides for a friend. I attack the lizard. He hits me once then and kills me in one hit. his # is 53366. I am 52***. There is almost no way (besides powergaming) that he could kill me in one hit that I know of. :evil:
Athian

Post by Athian »

this may be the wrong board for this post, not quite sure. and maybe your just alot weaker then you think you are. killing mummies for insides isn't much in the way of strenght regardless of how many you kill. i do notice though that some newer players tend to be uncommonly strong.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Please use the appropiate e-mail adress for such reports. The GMs will decide wheather this is a case of powergaming or not.
Shukk

Post by Shukk »

I killed you with 1 hit, because i used a warhammer. That's no powergaming, that's just a very strong weapon.
I'm getting mad about this, every person, who attacks another person, and then dies, cries. Maybe you should think next time, before attacking anyone. It's everytime the same: Oh, a person with a higher number, i can attack him, he's weak, hahaha!->If the person who attacked then dies, he is very angry and shouts out loud: POWERGAMER!
If you attack a Templeguard of Zelphia, then you'll die, understood? There is no need to cry, if you wouldn't have attacked, you wouldn't have died.
I have nothing more to say about this.
Kale

Post by Kale »

Yes warhammers are strong enough to do that. I have seen it. So please don't post all those numbers also.
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

I don't think you should be able to max out a stat when creating your char. Instead you have to disperse points, not evenly, but not eveyrthing on strength, constitution, agility.
Rynt

Post by Rynt »

My character has the maximum constitiution for an elf, but everything else is very low. Anything wrong with that?
Turnupto

Post by Turnupto »

Email to:
violations@illarion.org if there would be powergaming...
"Reporting rule breakers in and out of the game (PK, powergamers, spamming,...)"
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Jori you are mixing ooc with ic knowledge. You saw ooc that this lizard's number was higher then yours so you assumed that you could beat him in a battle. You did not consider that perhaps the lizard was using a heavy weapon, or perhaps had made higher fighting stats when he made the lizard. Either way, I don't see how the lizard powergamed. And, don't post something like this on the general forum, send it to violations.
Gnarr

Post by Gnarr »

This lizard is a high guard of the zelphia temple, she was teached to fights and weapons! She is one of the great warriors of the temple, she didn't powergaming!
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

Rynt, I understand yours. I don't mind one skill maxed out, but making three skill the best possible and not choosing any other is what is wrong. Like constitution, agility, and strength.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

...then roleplaying an incredibly smart person when your intelligence is at 0.
Albernon

Post by Albernon »

I'm sure when we were all little (at least boys) we wanted to be the mighty knight who saves the day more than the humble farmer who tripped on the rock.

What I mean is that it is just natural that a lot of people want to play a character who is as strong, speedy, and smart, as possible. The medieval fantasy dream isn't usually to be an average joe.

I'm not saying that it's healthy for our community to have so many heroes and no normals, but just that it's a natural reason to adjust your stats to get the best results.
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

I and Salathe caught this lizard powergaming outside of town with a human.
Shukk

Post by Shukk »

paul laffing wrote:I and Salathe caught this lizard powergaming outside of town with a human.
First of all, this is a lie - i do not know what you are speaking of. Secondly, i saw you powergaming yourself very often at the mummies, paul. I think you are just blackmailing me, because i killed you last time you summoned flames on me.
And last but not least, if you have things like that to say, report it to violations@illarion.org and stop crying at the board.
Thank you
Crocket

Post by Crocket »

Do not post full numbers on the boards. The numbers should only be used when reporting to the GM's.
Argonia

Post by Argonia »

Someone Told me that Numbers mean a persons age in the game, is that wrong ?
Klith

Post by Klith »

Nope. The number is OOC identification of that character. The bigger the number the newer the character, but in game your character wouldnt know this. :wink:
Crocket

Post by Crocket »

The numbers are used to identify people. Such as hair color, eye color, height, weight, scars, etc.

Since your character cannot possibly remember every single aspect of how a person looks you should only use partial numbers when describing a character to another character.

example...
"If you want to buy a really good warhammer, I know of a good blacksmith. I don't know his name but he looks like 41***."

Full numbers should only be used when reporting violations to the GMs through the proper channels.
Pronon Palmsuger

Post by Pronon Palmsuger »

Jori I am positive you could defeat me in a battle I am a 42*** should I accuse you of powergameing?
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

The only use for numbers is in and out of game description. Nothing more. You can't judge somebody's in game fighting ability, age, etc. by using the number; it's inproper roleplay.

I find the best roleplayers at least have a weakness to them, as well as a significant strength. It's not fun to have a man who threatens/saves the world who never lifted a sword as a villian/hero, nor is it any fun to have an invincible villian/hero who kills everything and everybody in one blow and has no chance of losing.

So, take the situation into roleplay possibility next time. Consider the fact that you're fighting a Temple Guardian of Tanora, said to be probably the strongest beings known in Illarion. But, that doesn't mean he couldn't be defeated roleplay wise; you just have to find it.

As pointed out many times; play fair or don't play at all. Don't expect newbies to lose to you all the time (but don't expect them to beat you all the time, either).
Rynt

Post by Rynt »

My character techically should be very powerful, but...why should he be able to handle a weapon well? That's why he has low skills!
Arkadia Misella

Post by Arkadia Misella »

wEll, i me these two....able to kill with one hit...able to cast every spell flawlessly..smells like powergaming to me...granted numberx are for ooc reasons, but when you know someone has not been in the game very long and they are as powerful as they are, you kinda get an idea of what they have been doing.
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

I'm telling you that Salathe and I have seen this lizard powergaming. I'll try and get Salathe up here himself to attest to it.
Grubba

Post by Grubba »

I recently (about a week ago) witnessed this lizard woman kill a guy with her bow in around 1-3 hits, it happened so fast I couldn't see. I don't know how much armor this man had, but from memory his number was somewhere around 49***. From my experience with my other characters, it is hard to exell with both the skill of a bow and another weapon, basically because a bow takes much longer to train. I'm not saying that she is a PGer but....
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

I read the first few posts....

how does a new player get a war hammer?

and what use does a temple guard of Zelphia, have with a war hammer, over lizard claws and fangs, or spears?
Arkadia Misella

Well, if that is true then that makes them a master at two weapons and magery. Now...just FYI...it is piss poor rp to be super duper strong and be a really good mage....usually really good mages are weak and do not rely on weapons.
Shukk

Post by Shukk »

Arkadia Misella wrote:Well, if that is true then that makes them a master at two weapons and magery. Now...just FYI...it is piss poor rp to be super duper strong and be a really good mage....usually really good mages are weak and do not rely on weapons.
Now, it's getting weird.
I'm no mage, not even a druid.
I'm also not super duper strong, i just have a strong weapon - that's a difference. And i told it before, Arkadia.
If you are pissed, then write an email to violations@illarion.org and stop blackmailing persons on the board with things you haven't even checked.
Arkadia Misella

I am not blackmailing anyone....just letting my experience be known to the others who have apperently run into what I have. That is all.
Arkadia Misella

Hey returner....another good question is what are Temple Guards of Zelphia doing loitering around town harrassing people? Shouldnt they be guarding something??