Occult weapons

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Tovam

Occult weapons

Post by Tovam »

I am some kind of druid in Illarion
But to workship the emelents, I need some magical weapons
I need a Goblet (blacksmithing or goldsmithing), a staff (carpentry), a dagger (blacksmithing, preferable a silver one but a normal one is fine to) and a pentagram (and amulet with blacksmithing or a bluestone gem)
But I need to recharge them with my own energy, and the only way to do that, as far as I know, is making them myself

It this possible, to work on so many different skills?
I mean, a golden goblet or an amulet seem rather difficult to make
I don't care if it takes a few months, and I'm not going to use them in combat or something like that so they don't have to be the best quality, but it's clearly powergaming to 'master' more than two skills at most
So could you tell me if it's possible to all make them, or would buying them be better?
Thx

(And I'm sorry if this is an in-game question)
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

you can buy the "pentagram" and make the others yourself with just a little basic skill. Why do you need those to be a druid? Or can't you roleplay having them?
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

As far as I knew druids didn't study mathematics. As for the items, buy them is my suggestion, it will save you alot of time. Yes, I suggest roleplaying a regular amulet as a "pentagram" or something.
Setherioth

Post by Setherioth »

I agree more with paul. The dagger and staff should be fairly simple to make on your own. but if you want a golden goblet i suggest buying one if you can find it a reasonable price as it might take you quite a few gold nuggets before you find you are successful and nuggest are awfully expensive. Better suggesting is just to buy a blacksmithed one.
Zare

Post by Zare »

@Gro'bul: Who said anything about mathematics?

@Tovam: Why do you need to make these things yourself? Can't you find a nice creative roleplaying way to charge these things with your druidic powers?
Maktan Hardtooth.

Post by Maktan Hardtooth. »

yeah? I would like to see you create a goblet with your own powers in game. Rolepalying is number one, but you can roleplay Items to actually appear unless you already have it. You must either pretend you have one or make one, ore buy one, otherwise, how in the world are you going to roleplay something to existence?
Maktan
Zare

Post by Zare »

Are you talking to me? What I meant was, Tovam said that he needed to make these things himself, but I say why can't he buy them?