Arinya Alkar or Exchange of letters

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Alytys Lamar

Arinya Alkar or Exchange of letters

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Drathe had left in the early morning hours after kissing her again.
With her hands crossed behind her head, Aly mused about how difficult the situation was.
To her question with the coat and Clairette he had given evasive answers in typical Drathe manner with a boyish grin.
She had left it at that for the time being and enjoyed the night with him.

But now she reached under her bed where a larger box stood and took out the uppermost letter.
She had probably already read it half a dozen times, and now she gnawed doubtfully on her lower lip.

Kyre had advised her to answer - she should not let this opportunity pass.
Aly grinned as she thought of Kyre's reaction after she had described Caldan.

*Does he have brothers? Are they also such handsome men ? If so, I want to meet one too!*
At this, the witch had grinned mischievously and confessed to be jealous.

Aly sighed and began to read the letter again.

My dear Lady Lamar...Aleytys,

I thought it would be appropriate to write to you personally, since you have sent greetings through Nishadaa.
I confess that I can't quite get you out of my mind. I had heard this and that about Aleytys Lamar over the years,
but it never really compares to the character when you are facing the person.

However, your beauty and ferocity, as well as strength in battle, is not exaggerated.
Even in that brief exchange of blows, it was all too evident. But also how strong your bond is with my sister-in-law.
It is good to know that she can always count on you.

That day really made it clear to me, in which danger she is actually in, or let's say, which threats can always be waiting for Nisha.
All the more reason to stay here through Mas. Maybe I should do this every Mas. One more helping hand can't hurt.

Of course, some of my thoughts will probably be with you and the little princess Inara as well. May the gods watch over you both in the dark days.

Oh Aleytys where should I go on now without going into raptures?

I can only say that you are a remarkable woman. Do you know that your silver-blond hair even glitters slightly in the moonlight?
And your dark eyes in which I could lose myself. And yet there is also this strength that you clearly show.
The only question is if you really want it all the time or just think you have to in every situation.
But maybe I should just tell you a story, which could be several letters long. Before I catch myself a slap in the face.
Well, where do we begin....

Once upon a time, a young man, half human, half elf, set out on his wanderings.
It was a long journey and he had to learn many things, many things he would have preferred to be spared.
But he was a charming, shrewd little fellow and got by. He found his first love in the sea.
That was the first lesson he learned, to work on a merchant ship. Hard work that steeled him.
But already after a few years he had to realize that this was not enough, when pirates attacked the ship and hardly left anyone alive.
The still young half-elf of about 400 years was washed ashore and taken in by a friendly family. Now this family had a house in the country but also one in Falmara.
The master of the house was commander of one of the guard units there. Well he listened to the story of the boy and decided to teach him the art of war and fighting.
He also became a guard soldier in Falmara, which served more to train him properly than to commit him there for life, which can be very long for a half-elf.

After a few years, the young elf had become a strong man, who knew very well how to wield a sword.
But, he had to move on, or rather, go home to show his family that he was doing well.

It is not necessary to mention that this pirate raid was a very drastic experience for the young one.
He had never before encountered death as closely and directly as he did there.
We agree, only one thing is worse than seeing good friends die......

I, close the letter at this point, for now. I hope for a reply from you and maybe you want to know how the story continues.

Be well Aleytys and please, take care of yourselves.

Sincerely, Yours

~Caldan~

PS: Oh and this falcon lady is Geraia and I think you have one or two things in common,
Arinya Alkar. ..Beautiful...Proud...Relentless...Strong...Deadly...and I'm sure as we get to know each other better I'll have much more to add.

*All right I'll answer him....* she then mumbled to herself.
From the box she took the necessary things and began to write, while she thoughtfully continued to chew on her lower lip.

*Dear Caldan,

Although Nish wrote me that you wanted to reply to my greetings in writing, the way and what you wrote surprised me a bit.

I also thank you for staying in Temran until after Mas. That takes away some of my worries.
Nish and I have a very strong friendship, soulsisters you may call it. Her well-being is important to me.
You will have met Inara personally by now. She enthused about you as the best of all uncles.

However, I am glad to meet your expectations to some extent and to live up to what you have heard about me.
I confess for a long time no man has raved about me - mmmh - like that. And which woman wouldn't like that ?
My friend Kyre ( yes right the witch I told you about ) is already jealous and asked for a brother who is such a dazzling looking man like you are.

Yes I have to laugh at this point, she also persuaded me to answer you. You have to thank her that I am sitting here writing,

I would like to hear more of your story, that much is already certain.
And yes I do think of you and your gray-green eyes at times.
Maybe I am willing to tell one or the other as well or to correct a fairy tale about me that you have heard.

Now I close for the moment. My duty calls and I have to patrol the outer borders.
Before Mas this is always important - as well as the constant training to stay lithe and fast.

Your falcon lady is really something special - to compare her with me is too much of an honor.

May we all survive Mas in good health, and if not, may Cherga have mercy on us.

Your Arinya Alkar
~Aleytys~

Aly folded the letter carefully and went to the balcony to whistle Aratos.
Arinya Alkar .... she then whispered to herself - Morning Glory - well if that is so appropriate ?
With a smile tugging at her full lips, she went downstairs to have breakfast before her duties called her outside.
Caldan Valdris

Re: Arinya Alkar or Exchange of letters

Post by Caldan Valdris »

-As once before, Aly was able to hear the calls of Geraia. Whereby this falcon lady did not care, if Aly should still sleep or brooded just over
paperwork. Or, simply was not at home. Because she had another characteristic of Aly, perseverance. Once again there was a leather roll with
a letter for her. From whom this was already revealed by Geraia, but this handwriting was also obvious.-

My dear Aleytys,

First of all, I must confess that I was very happy to receive your letter. I was not sure if you would
write back. Because of course, through and through, I do not know you yet. But hopefully we can
still change that.
Some surprises add a certain spice to our lives, don't you think?

It is important and right to stay in Temran at the moment. Especially now that Nisha has traveled
after Inara. She is more worried about Inara than she shows to others. Nisha can't leave the girl
alone with that now. Seeing how she could barely explain why she is doing this. But I didn't let her
try this for long either. She is Inara's mother and she loves her children more than anything, what
more do you have to say or explain?
I stay with my little brother and the twins. In addition, I am keeping an eye on the surroundings.
According to some information from my people, it is getting more and more unsafe on the streets.
This is what happens when the stability in each region slowly goes up in smoke, sometimes
literally.
With this, I also provide the city guard with information.

As for Best Uncle, well, I just come by the most. The other four have enough things of their own
to do. Besides, no one tells stories as well as I do. Yes, all right, Lady Lhira can probably do that
a little better. But I do bring Inara one or two things from my travels.
Who knows, maybe next time I'll even have a surprise for you Arinya Alkar?

Your friend knows what she wants it seems to me. Well, I still have 5 brothers of which at least 2
are in permanent hands. One of them prefers his own sex and the last two actually go to sea.
However, one is a soldier and the other... let's say he is a fisherman but is never satisfied with
small fish. He also seeks the..adventure a bit too much for me.

Fairy tale? About you? I don't know. Much of your life is hidden in the shadows, but not the
things you accomplished on Gobaith. You saved Troll's Bane and defeated an Archdemon.
You have also fought many other battles there, but what have you experienced before that
time?

But, you want to hear more of my story?
Then your wish is my command indestructible tough and beautiful warrior.

So where were we....

Yes, the young elf came home again. Meanwhile, there was also a little brother eagerly waiting
to meet him. Just as the young elf was getting to know and love the new woman at his father's
side.
His mother had left them far before he went on his wanderings. But that was the way it was. The
life of a human is almost a blink of an eye in the eyes of an elf. As much as one may often regret
it. It never changes the deep love or affection one feels and gives. Even if it lingers in the heart
of the elven being for so much longer.
But do not confuse it with sorrow and grief, it is not that. It is something that warms our heart
and yet also leaves room for a new love, someday.
So the young elf stayed in his homeland for a few years. Until he was ready to move on again.
In fact, he was drawn back to the sea. Again on a merchant ship and this time much better
prepared in case of a raid.
He learned a lot from his captain, including the fact that it could be worthwhile to get the one
or other hidden past the border stations. But also smaller tricks in the fight, which probably a
guard soldier would not necessarily use.
Year after year passed and the young elf also got the opportunity to spank a few pirates and
show them where it went overboard again.
He became the Captain's right hand man and many more years after that he took over the ship
when the Captain retired.
One day a hard fight against pirates made it necessary to stay ashore for a longer time and to
put the ship into dry dock. It had been too badly damaged. A good carpenter was needed and a
shipbuilder.
And there, in this small harbor town, the almost 890 year old elf met HER.
Flaming red hair, blue-green eyes, spirited and strong. Shrewd and quick-witted. He, fell in love
for the first time. The shipbuilder's daughter, Amelin. So the elf stayed in this city much longer
than he wanted, weeks, months, 2 years. There was also talk of marriage and that Amelin would
accompany him at sea.
But everything came differently, everything changed in this year. At the end of that year on the
dark days of the Mas....
It.... it is still a little difficult for me to talk about it, to write about it. But I think you can
understand that, Aleytys. Nevertheless, in the next letter you will learn what exactly happened.

Until then, come safely through the dark days. Or at least as well as you can and stay alive. After
all, I would like to taste your lips once more.

Yours

~Caldan~

PS: And you can't deny that you probably feel the same way.
Last edited by Caldan Valdris on Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A parchment lands before the door to Aly's house per raven,

Aly, thanks for letting me know of the brothers but I'm not ready to meet anyone. Please describe the witch as having two moles on her cheek and not sure if any hair grows from one,she is on the large side liking her food, hair mixed dark and grey and can cackle when laughing. Perhaps your hunk will see if one of his brothers are lonely. Tell him she is most of the time friendly but likes to tell stories and can entertain.

Your friend Kyre
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Aly's falcon circles in the north and finally finds Kyre to drop a letter

*my dearest friend,

after Mas I tried to find you. But you have disappeared from the face of the earth.
I hope you are healthy and have survived Mas.
Whenever you are not around, I feel it in my heart.
As for that description - forget it.
I don't pass on lies.
You are a great woman - and you don't have moles with hair anyway.

If you are travelling I hope you will come back soon.
The stones have disappeared and Mas was....
I have a lot to tell you dearest friend

Forever yours

~Aly~
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A raven returns searching for Aly and appears only traveled a short distance.

Friend, I have missed seeing you and the other friends I can count on my good hand. I have even missed seeing some disappear when they know the witch is near!

You may give a minor description maybe keep them guessing? I would enjoy talking to someone over parchment. That may be a safe way to exchange ideas for me. I’m on my way back hopefully there soon!

Love Kyre
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Aly came back from the usual daily routine control of the outer borders.
She decided to stay at her favorite place in the desert and finally answer Caldan's letter.
Wine, a sandwich and writing utensils she had brought with her, and also his letter.

But first her thoughts wandered to the knighting ceremony and to - Drathe.
They had not seen each other often, the last time he briefly checked on her was during Mas.
She missed him, no matter what the others thought. But also Caldan had every now and then appeared in her thoughts.
A bit scowling, she read his letter again and then just had to smile. He really was a cheeky fellow.

"Dear Caldan,

I hope you survived Mas in good health and that everything went smoothly in Temran.
With you at Nish's side, nothing can really go wrong - right ?
Inara is back here with me and I must say the tattoo, or tattoos, are fine works of art.
Something that makes her smile when she is looking at it in the mirror. I think the girl is serious enough.

We both survived Mas with a few minor bruises.
A knighting ceremony is about to take place. Actually, such things are not my cup of tea, but I want to do this.
For Cadomyr, for Inara, for the Queen....

To Kyre - she would like to start an exchange of letters with one of your brothers, but she is also not ready with her heart for something new.
Her last relationship broke after long years and it makes her hesitate to start something new.

I am curious how your story will continue.
But rest assured, if it hurts too much I don't need to know and you don't need to write it.

About the taste of my lips and what I feel I will definitely not write anything, you cheeky
(( yes I grin but that's all you should know )).

~Aly~"

A whistle and Aratos was on the spot. She smiled at the faithful companion, attaching the message.
Then she fed him some fresh rabbit meat that she had hunted during the patrol.

*Fly my darling and come back soon. *
Caldan Valdris

Post by Caldan Valdris »

-Aly would again hear the calls of a very energetic falcon on her balcony after quite some time. Geraia, Caldan's falcon lady. When Aly would come to her she would also become calmer and she looked like she had a long flight behind her and could take a rest, as well as food and water without having to hunt it down first. Which probably meant she would stay for a few days.-

My dear Aleytys,

I know, more than 4 months is a way too long time. At this point, and above all others, I ask for
your forgiveness. I certainly did not want to cause you and the family any worries.
Whereas the family is less worried. The sea has its own time laws. Besides, I can't send my Geraia
halfway across the ocean when we are so far from the mainland.
However, Aratos reached me before we left or shortly before. That's why I sent him back without
any message at first. So that he would be with you... You.
I know I am...very polite, however, you are so much a part of the family that perhaps we should
move to the more intimate "you"? I'm afraid that I may have made one or two spelling mistakes on
this point anyway.
Well, but first I'll answer your questions, of which Nish has certainly already addressed some.

Well, Mas has a lot to offer in Temran. More than I am normally used to. But as Nisha surely
already told you, everything was still within limits. She really does an outstanding job here.
Everyone is, as far as you can be, perfectly prepared.
And then Nish in such a fight, hard to describe and even if I am good, I think I will never be so
good.
However, we had some mages and stone golems, who threw exactly that, smaller boulders. One or
the other also went over the wall. But no damage that could not be repaired.
I confess, the days of the Mas are extremely draining. But Nisha...she goes on and on. You can
really feel her anger and more than that, what she throws at the undead and other servants of the
Dark One.
I wish for her to be free of it someday.

I am more than relieved that you and the little one are doing well so far.
I am eager to see this tattoo and I think Jeruno is too. He is very proud of Inara even if she can be
very seriously in the meantime. But you notice still how young she is. The mischievousness in her
neck has not left her yet.
And every now and then, even her uncle can give her silly ideas. Just ones that at least one side can
have fun with. I'm sure you understand what I mean.

It is perplexing. You are much more than just a knight Aleytys. But different places, different rules,
it seems. However, you should not do this only for others. Also, and most importantly, for
yourselves.
And since so much time has passed, I bow to you and congratulate you on your knighthood Lady
Lamar.

I can say myself from experience that it is never easy to start something new when your heart has
been broken, in whatever way or by whatever circumstances.
But if your friend still wants that, maybe Ronar would be the right one. He is not as stern and
dutiful as my other brother, a soldier through and through.
What I want to say about Ronar is, he knows how to have fun, but he is an upright man.

Oh and you certainly make me grin with those words and yes, your lips would be a more than
welcome change to the salty sea air on mine at the moment.

Which brings us to what happened to me after Mas and what prevented me from writing. Because I
have certainly not forgotten you, how could I.

Now let me think. A few days after Mas I left Temran to check on my crew. If all were well, as well
as my ship. So the journey went first to Falmarha.
There I finally reached Aratos. But as I already wrote, I could not answer directly. Work was
waiting and of course we had to keep our delivery times.
So the journey led first to Kjelt. On the way back, in the direction of Gynk, I received a message
from Nisha. I think you know more about it than I even do. It was about the girl Amelia, the best
friend of Inara. I was told to ask around in Gynk. I did and what I heard, Nish heard too, but
apparently it was nothing she didn't already know.
Well, a ship takes its time for such a journey.
I confess these are uncertain times. We had to avoid pirates and other riffraff time and again.
I avoid a fight when I have... " precious cargo" on board.
It went then into the width of the ocean, smaller islands to steer, far away from the mainland. These
months could not be called quiet. I even forgot to celebrate my birthday a wee bit, as we all did
here.
Currently we are anchored in Sor-Ann-Arah and will stay here for a while until all the business is
done.
That's just a rough overview. I can add to that it has not been as quiet as it may sound. But don't
worry. There were no really severe injuries, but a clear conscience and a good feeling and the
gratitude of others. Also happy, laughing children's eyes during these months. So what more could
you want?

Oh right, you want to hear more of the story. Sure it's painful, but it always will be. That doesn't
stop me from talking about it, from telling it to you, because this also formed the man I am today.

Evil, cruel turns, dark, gloomy times... the fact that all this existed in different forms, the young elf
had to learn already at the beginning of his journey. But this was most evident in the days of Mas.
Mas...never had he experienced Mas like this. Undead, skeletons like zombies that rose from their
graves or simply appeared by a flash of lightning and thunder, that, he had already seen and
experienced everything.
But on those dark days in the small port town, at the side of his beloved Amelin, it was different.
Entirely...
Everything still seems very clear. The first 2 days were quiet, too quiet. Everyone was tense and
nervous. More and more, as time passed without anything happening. There was only this quietness
and...the fog.
Amelin and the elf thought they were ready. Ready to defend what was dear to them. Each other,
friends and family.
But how do you fight against something you can't see? That makes friends and family turn against
each other?
The fog. At some point it began to gleam reddish and shortly thereafter, the screams began. Screams
of pain, anger and hatred...even madness.
Warnings were loud before the fog, but wasn't that already too late? Shortly after, the first skeletons
and zombies began to stagger. Very fresh ones. Neighbors...friends...with terrible mortal wounds
and, they pounced on the living. Still, that wasn't the worst of it. We could deal with that. Amelin
knew how to defend herself as well as I did.
It wasn't one of those undead who lunged at her like a madman and stabbed her again and again.
One moment she was calling out to a friend to come to her and the elf, the next there was
only...blood. Amelin's blood and glassy eyes and the crazed laughter of her best friend stabbing her
frantically.
The young elf...was paralyzed, frozen for a few seconds before throwing himself on the friend and
saving him. There was no salvation for him, even if the madness had left him again. Because who
could live with such guilt?
The young elf...Amelin...the last moments, she was lying in his arms, just smiling at him with that
sadness in her eyes, next to that deep love for him. He kissed her, one last time, and she kissed him
too, before the life left her.
He held her close. Buried his face in her flame-colored hair and cried... screamed. He had never felt
such pain before.
This way, the young elf had also learned about the madness that Mas could bring....

Forgive me but...I think...we will continue from here some other time. You're right - it still hurts
immensely, of course. But nevertheless..I tell it to you. Besides, I usually only remember her fiery
look when an argument was approaching. The sparkle in her eyes when she was plotting something
or just her gentle laughter and loving smile.

And just now I actually desired to see you again...to see in front of me and....well, who knows....

Yours

~Caldan~
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Aly had hesitated for a while, then read through what she had written again and again before sending Aratos off with a little sigh.

"Dear Caldan,

there is nothing to forgive, I know the laws of the sea better than you might think.
And about the form of address? No problem either - we can certainly move on to the more familiar, as I truly feel I belong to the family.

Yes, Nish wrote to me about Mas - I am glad that it went reasonably mildly.
You don't need to tell me HOW extraordinary Nish is, I've known her too long. Longer than you.
She will free herself, become completely free one day, I am sure of it.
I am proud to have been able to help her a little bit on this way.

I can imagine that sometimes you have more mischief in your head for your own good (yes, I laugh).
Inara really needs that sometimes, that's probably why HER Uncle Caldan is simply the best.

Thanks for the congrats on the official knighthood - feels the same as before.
Just maybe a little prouder than before. You are absolutely right about the different places and the therefore different rules.
Here it doesn't count if you were born as a princess, here it only counts what you do, for Cadomyr, for the queen and for the community.

Unfortunately I could not talk to Kyre for a while. But I have a feeling she is not very happy right now.
Maybe there will be the possibility of an exchange of letters, but I don't know yet.

I am glad that your "business" is going well and you have made children happy - if I have understood correctly.
Even the brief overview of the events at sea made me smile and I can understand that you even forgot your birthday.
(( Wont ask how old - youngster ))

I am sorry for your loss, I know the pain of losing someone in this brutal way. Just ripped out of our lives, murdered.
But she will never be forgotten or lost, because you carry her on in your heart Caldan.

I am considering taking some time off soon - well maybe. If the situation here allows it. Then I hope to see you again.

Until then take good care of yourselves

~Aly~
Caldan Valdris

Post by Caldan Valdris »

-This time it was not a falcon that delivered a letter.
First Aly got to know the ship and the crew, before she could take a look at her cabin and found out that this was actually Caldan's sleeping place. But, he let her have it and he himself had stretched out a hammock in his captain's quarters. Now when she was in her cabin, at some point a young girl, maybe 14 years old, would knock on the door. Apparently she was probably the female version of the ship's boy. On a tray there were three letters which the girl, Layla, brought to her with a smile.-

My beloved Aleytys,

In fact, I was wondering if I should write a letter at all. After all, you will soon be here, aboard my
ship, my Arinya Alkar.
All due to a conspiracy between Nisha, myself and my favorite niece.
You know, if they're both already saying you need some time off, then there must be something to
it, right?
And as much as you seem to love the ocean, this seemed like the best idea to both of them.
Yes, I or rather we, that is me and my crew, have been waiting here for a while. But not too long,
don't worry. We planned it all very well. These one or two weeks of relaxation did us good after the
weeks on the rough and turbulent sea.
But you're experiencing that a bit yourself now.
Before we arrived here, we also had plenty of work. Quite normal, as it is for traders, but also
sometimes transporting people from A to B up to a few pirates to round up ... or slave traders.
Everything that is fun about life at sea.

It seems you and Nisha have known each other for quite a long time. I, of course, only since Jeruno
married her. But, from that moment until now, there is also an incredible development to see, as if
she had to learn to really live, to put it briefly.
But the most important thing is that Jeruno loves her and Nisha loves him. And she loves her
children more than anything.

Oh yes, the mischief...well you'll see some of that then. You'll be surprised Lady Lamar.

As for your friend, I hope you had a chance to talk by now. And at least I have a message from
Ronar here, which you can give her or not, depending on the situation.

You got it right. As I said, we also take care of the one or the other slave ship and, there were
children or fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters...family and to reunite them as much as we can
and to see that joy...yes, I think you can imagine.

Elves and birthdays....with time, those like me probably always take that as an occasion for a
boisterous celebration with plenty....very plenty of alcohol, music and dancing.

Where we are now, however, is somewhere else. My story...

Well, the young elf, remained still some months in the city. There were many things to do. The work
was beneficial and helped many who still lived there to distract themselves. Especially since the
funerals were hard for everyone. But still it had to go on. Everything was rebuilt, improved and
more fortified.
Also, and most importantly, more work was done on the ship. There was still one or the other thing
that had to be rebuilt.
Also the crew had suffered casualties, but there were also one or the other from the city who joined
the young elf. After all, everyone knew what he was getting into.
So also another elf joined, Nemeros. He, too, had fallen prey to the madness of Mas, had killed a
friend in the madness. He could not stay in the city. Not only because of his feelings of guilt, no -
also for fear the madness could return.
So they left soon, but the young elf tried to visit the city at least once a year, the grave of his first
great love. And this until today.
A watchful eye was kept on Nemeros, according to his wishes. Through him, the first goals were
also clearly defined.
They first sought out greater temples of the gods to find help for Nemeros. For no one who had
fallen into madness was to blame for what occurred. Even if they felt otherwise.
They found help for Nemeros and after he had stayed there for 1 year in a temple of the five, he
returned to the young elf on the ship.
They were able to help him, to...well, cleanse his mind. But his memories remained. He also
received a blessing that would help him not to fall so easily into this kind of madness again.
But there could never be a real guarantee for such a thing. Only a blessing was not enough, you also
have to work on oneself, and on the ship he had enough friends who helped Nemeros.
Besides, he is still a part of the crew....a member of this family.
He has done so much of good that his friend can surely forgive him.

With it at least a section of my life would be told however..well there comes nevertheless still more.
In the next letter then.
With that, it only remains for me to say that I look forward to seeing you, my Arinya Alkar.

Your devoted

~Caldan~
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

-This letter was also on the tray which Layla, the ship's girl, had handed to her.
nly this was probably a completely unknown writing to her.

Aly opened the letter and read the heading, then put it aside with a grin.
"Will be intersting how she reacts to it" she mumbled and stored it neatly in her sea bag for her return.

"Greetings Kyre,

I confess that this is really a bit unusual, if not even strange for me. But who am I to shy away from a new experience.
Which brings us to the topic of who I am.

I should probably tell you one or two things first and then we will see if you really want such a correspondence.
Well, my name is Ronar and I am fisherman.....

Hey! Don't roll your eyes! Or smirk! Just because it says fisherman, it doesn't mean that I'm trying my luck in the bay with a small nag.
Far from it! My ship is not as big as my brother's but absolutely ocean-going.
After all, I am not satisfied with small fish.
No, for our little harbor town and my own livelihood, and that of my small crew, we rather go for big catches.
You wouldn't believe what giant creatures you can find in the ocean.
Then you' re on the way for 1-2 weeks, or if it goes poorly, even longer.
So, what else would be important...

Well, among elves this may be rather unimportant, but I am 1158 years young. White hair, dark eyes and I like to run around in the forests, wearing war paint and armed with an impressive spear.
With this I want to say, from time to time it falls to me and others to provide for the safety of the town. Accordingly, I am also excellently trained in spear fighting.

Hm what else...

Oh, I love sunsets, especially watching them over the sea from my terrace. My house is situated on the hill from where there is an outstanding view.

Well, if you want, it's your turn now.
Because let's be honest, except for your name, I don't know anything about you.
But maybe that's part of the attraction - (here's a grinning face painted on it.)

I hope to hear from you. Farewell

Yours

~Ronar~"

Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A raven appearing fairly tired lands on a ship while holding a parchment with the word "Ronar" on the outside. Wrapped in red ribbon material it is folded in a round circle, as she drops when a man walks toward her. Without waiting for any food, she flies off as her strong wings move toward the clouds.

Sir Ronar,

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised to receive your experimental letter, but enjoyed the read. Admittedly, I DID roll my eyes (at first)! I love to watch the sunset, and use my wand while practicing with bow and arrow. I usually sleep in a high branch of a tree and am a blood witch so don't get many chances to communicate.

I have seen some giant monsters in the ocean and even thought one or two came to shore so really admire your diligence in fighting them. I live near Runewick (one of the small towns) but stay away most of the time wishing to avoid the politics having spent a few years dealing with it in another town. Most letters are sent by Boris at the Hemp Necktie or Aly, but Inara would know where I was also.

I have some questions for you, do you run into pirates much, does your town have Mas, Do you rent or buy your house (we can only rent here), Is your ship yours or do you rent that also? I apologize for all the questions, just wish to hear of life there, ignore if wish.

Kyre
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

-Aly would notice that around the villa a small animal, which was probably not a rat, sneaked around again and again, until one evening, shortly before Aly was at the door to go into the house, it was waiting for her in front of the door. At first it crouched there very cowered but then, the ferret straightened up and sniffed probably in Aly's direction. Then it scampered to her and around her until it came to a stop in front of her. It was as if it was showing Aly that there was a leather roll attached to it. In it were two letters. One was to Aly and the other was for Kyre.-
Dear Lady Lamar,

you are surely wondering what this exceedingly cute and clever ferret is doing at your feet. He is probably posing to impress you right now.
His name is Tumalo and he eats pretty much all fresh meat. He can also be very needy of cuddles, you'll notice.
Well with Caldan's help he could at least pick up your trail, let's call it that, very clearly and well, to initially find you better than your friend Lady Kyre.
As you have seen, there is of course also a letter for her.
Please deliver it to her and leave Tumalo with her. This way he can memorize Lady Kyre, make friends with her and will be able to deliver letters directly to her in the future.
Thank you for your help with this correspondence.

May you survive Mas healthy and unharmed. The gods be with you.

~Ronar~

-The further letter, was addressed to Kyre-

Greetings Lady Kyre,

so here we are again. Oh is it alright with you if I do write Lady?
Ah and the little fella, who is just with you to get acquainted with you and then find his way to you, is Tumalo. A very mischievous, intelligent and cunning ferret. Oh and very cuddly.
But he also knows how to behave...most of the time.
Now, where was I....oh...right, with you.
At first I thought... "Oh a magician." That alone would have intrigued me but then, you elaborated.
A blood witch...
No, that doesn't scare me, not even from the word alone.
As for magic, I'm not that knowledgeable. Rather something simple, like extinguishing a fire or getting water from a ship when it was too stormy again.
So, you experienced me quite curious to know what exactly a blood witch is or makes it.

As for the monsters at sea..or shall we say the more unusual creatures of the sea, we fight them when necessary.
If they leave us alone, we keep it the same. You don't have to take a life just because you don't know something and therefore fear it.
What counts for us is our own survival if it is in obvious danger. I think that' s a good way to put it.

Politics eh? No, I stay out of it if possible. But I have already asked for maps of Illarion from a friend. So I can get a idea of it.

Uh yes pirates. That's really a troublesome topic at the moment. Sure, my ship is quite agile and fast, due to its size, but mostly we all want to avoid a confrontation.
Normally, most of them leave us alone, because a fisherman doesn't give them much. Unfortunately, however, there are more and more pirates that you see. Worse are even almost the so-called remaining guardians for law and order, for the preservation of the rights...
What to think of them these days is questionable. They cause almost more trouble than the pirates.

Well, the ship is mine, but I had good friends who know about shipbuilding, who helped and still help to keep it in top shape. Sure everything costs its coins but, I am an elf, so I have time.
The ship, like my house, also took time to finish. But they are both really mine, or by the ship, mine and my crew.
The house, well, I'm actually still doing some construction on that. I'm replacing wood with stone and similar sturdier stuff but some of it stays with the wood. Simply because it is beautiful and more natural. Or let's say, more alive.

As far as Mas is concerned, no one is spared. But we fight our way through. There will always be one or two things to repair afterwards, but it's more important that no one gets hurt too much.
We have our methods, you can say.

But so that the letter reaches you before Mas, I'll let it go on its way.

May the gods protect you from harm and let you survive Mas well Lady Kyre.

Your friend....friend-to-be? Pen pal? Friendly friend? Well, we'll find out.
-again, a cheekily grinning painted face-

~Ronar~
Tumalo
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A fat ferret finds it's way toward the docked ship dropping a parchment with Ronar's name on the outside.

Penpal Ronar,

Excuse the shape of the ferret, she/he kept trying for my lap and even under threat of experimentation wouldn't leave yet food would work. A lot of our old magic isn't working here but I'm hoping to find some eventually. I wish you luck with the monsters and pirates at sea knowing how strong they can be and hope your Mas didn't bring many! I don't understand your guardians perhaps you can explain more?

Let me know what you think of Illarion when you look at the maps. With Mas I was safe because I hid, not the most bravest one I admit. I spoke to no one but Aly and we exchanged memories of our dreams. A lot of mine seem to come true but I worry about Aly's. She has a friend that has disappeared and I'm not sure if hers will come true or not.

I'm not a "Lady" but Kyre or witch if you prefer? As far as what a blood witch does I'll have to be cautious what I say so maybe when we're more friends? I haven't been back to town since Mas and would prefer not to go. It remains fairly empty so I don't think I'm missed.

I admire you owning your own ship and house, the town may be filled if we did, I don't know.If I had a pick of owning something however would pick nothing, I have no need of a ship nor a house which probably seems odd to you?

You are probably cleaning up after Mas so I won't allow this letter to be longer. May Nargun not laugh at you!

Kyre

Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Aly's well-known falcon flies over the ship and spies on a certain person.
Then he goes into a dive to deliver a message on a barrel at the small town's harbor.
A full-bearded man there is just joking with a harbormaster.

"Dear Caldan,

I could lie and say my falcon was sick or some other nonsense - but no - I'd rather apologize for making you wait so long for an answer.

It's more like I'm restlessly wandering around looking for a person who worries me. Do you believe in dreams ?
I am not sure - but the nightmare was so real and intense that I am turning over every stone in this place to find a trace.

But enough of that. Yes - indeed Nish and I do know each other for a very long time. And we have been through a lot together.
It's good to see how she's changed over the years now, after all, and has steered her life in a more orderly direction.
Just a woman who knows what she wants - well, we are similar. We often think and act in the same way.
And if mistrust has a name, it could be a combination of both our names.

But now to us - my time off with you. It has done me no doubt good, I wish a little bit I could leave here everything behind me
and simply go to the sea forever. It would be easier.
But I would not be the Aleytys I am if I would sneak away or not want to face problems.
So I grudgingly carry on - as I always have.

But I thank you for your patience and for wanting to wait. Simply I am not yet free enough to fully engage with you.
The night with you was wonderful and left nothing to be desired. You are a man who deserves a woman that loves him from the heart and fully.
I would have to lie if I could at the moment.

So if you decide not to write me anymore that would be fine, just let me know.
Not that I still have to go in search of a second person who is close to me.

Take care and give those who deserve it a beating.

Yours
~Aleytys~
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

-Once again, Aly would have a little visitor waiting for her when she got home. Apparently Tumalo preferred to bring letters to her than to go directly to Kyre. And only hesitantly would he scurry up to Aly and come to rest on her shoulder when the two of them went to Kyre to deliver the letter.

My dear Kyre,

forgive that this letter may have taken a little longer, but it is difficult to deliver letters when you have to spend an unplanned amount of time at sea.
The normal fishing was not very productive and so we had to go much further out to sea than we wanted to. Which also meant that we were out for much longer.
And, Tumalo can't fly.
Not even after I let him lose some weight, because the way he looked, it was a miracle that he made it back. There is a reason why he was so slim, so he is not so noticeable but fast.
Oh and yes Tumalo is a male. He can be very snuggly, that is true and he is not easily intimidated. Food always works but if you don't keep him in training it has undesirable effects. A fat little chubby has a hard time to stay unnoticed.
I confess that I have never dealt so much with magic. I only master what I already said, little things, nature related. Little tricks for daily life. Of course my parents wanted me to deal with it more - but...I think I was quite rebellious in many things.
But if certain magic no longer works as it should, then a lot must have really changed or it is directly in the places where you are that everywhere the magic behaves differently and is different in power?
Ha! Now you bring me already directly to ask about it after all questions!
Do not worry, I grin to myself.
-A grinning and winking face is painted here-

Oh - on Mas we do not go out to sea. For understandable reason I think. Mas is always such an unreliable thing. And so it was this time. The ocean raged here with us, 2 houses that were too close to the waters washed away, but at least there were no deaths and hardly any injuries.
Here it was less undead than simply violent storms that plagued us. But we are rebuilding all that.
I'm glad you survived it well, though. I also think there is nothing wrong with looking for a safe place at Mas.

So the thing about the guardians of law and order, or whatever you want to call them...let's put it this way, they behave just like city guards in cities or worse. They claim to have been given the task and permission by certain governments, kings or administrators ...whatever, to keep order at sea and in harbors.
But I tell you in these times it is not sure if this is the truth at all. Especially when they demand something or think they are always in the right.
Yeah these guys really piss me off sometimes.

After looking at the maps I have to admit that it looks like a very interesting peninsula. Plenty of access to the sea, which is almost the most important thing for me. Surely it would also be interesting to know how the weather behaves at your place.

Dreams...all I can say about them is that they sometimes give me a sense of when I shouldn't go out on the ocean. It is difficult to explain. But when my dreams went in this direction, it was always right to stay at home and better to hunt game than to reel in a catch at the sea.
Nevertheless, I hope for your friend that nothing bad will come true there.
Dreams are unfortunately not always good, so I wish you that only the better ones come true.
But who knows what the gods always have in store for us.

I think I'll stick with Kyre, and it's perfectly fine if you don't want to go into more detail about the blood witch. I am patient, but also curious, I must admit.
You should feel comfortable with it as well and if you have any concerns, we probably have all the time in the world to really deepen this friendship. And while I'm talking about feeling comfortable, I guess that also applies to you not wanting to go back to the city.
Do what you feel is right and enjoy being where you are.
That's why I can tell you that your view doesn't seem strange to me. Sure, I have the ship and the house. But the house...before it was finished, it was enough for me ... simply use the woods here with us, if you know what I mean.
And not everyone wants or needs a ship or a boat. It's just important to be comfortable.

That's why I hope you're doing well too, maybe next time I'll have an interesting story about one of my sea voyages for you to tell.

Until then, may the Five and Nargùn be with you Kyre and take good care of yourself and your friends.

Your Ronar
Caldan Valdris

Post by Caldan Valdris »

-Geraia, Caldan's falcon lady, landed on the balcony of Aly and Inara's villa. She also made herself noticed very quickly and as usual she had this leather scroll with a letter from Caldan with her.

My beloved Aleytys,

it has been some time. But not only the letters, but also the seeing, touching, tasting. Can I say that
I am longing for you? I'm not sure, but desire, that's what it is.
The journey on my ship, with you, is unforgettable in every aspect and I am very grateful for it.
But before I get carried away and the words only go deeper, let's get to your worries.
They are as important to me as my own. After all, they are a part of you.

Dreams, that's a difficult thing I think. But if they are so intense and seem real, wouldn't it be
foolish or neglectful not to take them at least as a premonition or warning?
Sure, you could say they are because you are already worried about your friend. But maybe there's
more to it than that.
So I say it's better to be safe than sorry. I just wish I could help you with it... support you, do
something to make you feel better.
I'm afraid there's no certainty about your rogue, just that feeling these dreams have left.
I'm also saying I know how you feel. But you also have to be prepared for the fact that you might be
right or... perhaps not. A rogue is still a rogue...

As far as I can tell, you are really alike, although Nish still has this rather dark aura around her
than you.
Amazing how my brother still managed to win her heart. But I am more than pleased about it. The
two need each other, they complement each other and I think Jeruno is a pillar for Nish, something
she probably wouldn't admit to everyone so easily.
Which probably also has something to do with trust and that such information should not fall into
the wrong hands?
But I can also understand the distrust. Trust has to be earned and even then things can go wrong.

Well, this time I will indeed keep the letter shorter, but don't worry, in the next one you will hear a
bit more of my story. Trust will also play a role there.

But here and now, I'd rather respond to your last words. That is what my heart demands of
me anyway.

I would never expect you to just leave it all behind, because I know you wouldn't. Do I wish it
somewhere deep inside me? The little egoist who lives there too? Yes, for sure.
Besides, I have time and I can wait and I will. My feelings for you are real and sincere as is
my respect for you.
It is enough for me if I can offer you even for a short time a distraction and recreation that your
heart clearly needs, as well as your spirit, my Arinya Alkar.
So how could I just cut off this contact now?
Besides, you know what Nish would then tell me?

No, I'm here for you whenever you need me.

You think that wouldn't be fair and right? Not at all. I know where I stand and my mind is
made up. It's been made in your favour and nothing and no one is going to change that
anytime soon.

Don't worry, those who deserve it will get their thrashing.

Take care of yourself and the little princess, or maybe she's already taking care of you?

See you soon

yours, loving

~Caldan~
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Ronar,

I'm sending this back to Aly with your little pet as proof I didn't use him as an experiment. Yes, I'm known to do that occasionally so you may think I'm not the best person to know, but will still write if you care to. I also apologize, my letters won't be as long as yours however, the sea is far from where I stay at the moment until my bow classes are complete. Curious, are you married or bonded? Makes no difference in my writing, mages have an unending wish to know. I was bonded once which turned out to be something I'll not be involved in again, almost married, also turned out bad so am free at the moment and plan to remain that way. I'm at a loss to write something exciting for you to read because my days are long and quiet so, I'll tell a story I told in the cave I stayed at for years and can give you an idea of my dreams from long ago.

There was a young elfess that was happy, smiled and enjoyed her life on the farm. She met an elf from the neighboring farm yet both were too young even to be bonded. She felt they had the same feelings for each other however, and waited for the day to come where wandering was allowed. She worked on making gifts to give him for that time and wondered where they would go. Her dreams enfolded with the excitement of that future day. The continuation of the story will have to wait for tomorrow.

Yes, I used similar stories to keep my jailers interested each day. Most of the time they still were cruel, but sometimes they walked away with wonder, possibly wishing for the same story. I hope to talk to you again sometime.

Kyre
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Aly had made herself comfortable in front of the chimney and was carrying writing utensils, as well as a letter.
She had been putting off answering it, not quite sure of her motive.
She heard Inara rumbling upstairs, pushing boxes back and forth, which made her smile.
Then she sighed softly and finally grabbed a blank parchment.

*Dear Caldan,

I was surprised that our sea voyage still impresses you so much. But yes, I also think back on it more than fondly.
I would like to repeat it after Mas - at least for a few days. That is, of course, if you have enough time and your ship is in the region.
I don't want to leave here before Mas.

Dreams - what can I say. It hurts, it rumbles in my head and I don't know what to make of it. Probably Nish is right and I should stop chasing someone who is not worthy of me anyway - maybe - but I hate open questions.

Nish's letter also worries me. The small stain on the outside was blood. I really hope that you will be able to be with her and the family at Mas. It would comfort me a little.

Our little princess will be knighted here in Cadomyr after Mas. Nish and I are mighty proud of her. Even at the banquet for the throne jubilee she made an exceptionally good figure.

Oh and before I finish the letter - aren't we all little egoists deep inside ? We always wish for the best - selfless are perhaps druids and they are not always (experience).

Let's get through Mas hopefully in one piece and I really look forward to our reunion.

Yours "Arinya Alkar"
~Aleytys~"

She read over the written once more before carefully folding the letter.
Aratos would get it later and surely deliver it safely. Then she put it in her pocket and called upstairs -
"I'm on patrol dear - see you later."
whereupon from above came "Brágon protect you mum".

With a smile she left the villa and went on her way.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

-It was quite obvious that Tumalo, Ronar's ferret, had taken a liking to Aly. Because again he waited for Aly at her villa, only to immediately clamber on her, as fast and nimble as he is, when she appeared. The fact that he startled Aly quite a bit was probably irrelevant to the scurrying animal. The important thing was that he had a letter with him, which was meant for Kyre.-

My dear Kyre,

I hope that the letter will reach you before Mas, and if there is not enough time to send it back before Mas, or if you have any doubts about it, wait until it is safe again, so that nothing happens to Tumalo.
Keep him with you or with Lady Lamar if he gets on your nerves too much. -a cheeky grinning face has been painted here-

To be honest, I would never have thought that you would experiment on Tumalo, since you know that he belongs to me. No, the thought would never have occurred to me. Of course I know that mages like to use animals as test objects, so do witches.
But that's the way it is, isn't it? You have to try out certain spells and other things beforehand, even if you don't necessarily like it, so that they can be used safely in an emergency.

You don't have to apologize for the fact that your letters are rather short. After all, you write to me, that's enough and you enjoy it. A small and welcome distraction from everyday life.

I confess that I am not as good with the bow as one of my brothers. But I am very nimble and skilled with a spear or lance.
Our father insisted that each of us should learn to handle at least one weapon absolutely perfect.

Oh well, ask as many questions as you like, I am quite open and happy to answer them and if I don't like to answer them or not yet, then I will say so.
But, at the moment I'm not attached to no one, except maybe to the sea. I think you know what I'm trying to say.
Hm - sometimes things in life don't work out the way you expect them to and having the freedom to decide how you want to live without being restricted by someone can be a blessing.
I can understand that. Just because I'm not coupled up now doesn't mean I haven't been before.
I confess I am already curious how this story may go on.
I like stories whether they come from reality, a dream or some creativity. So, I also like to read them.
What has me in fact yet somewhat...frightened, was your further choice of words.
Prison guards and their cruelty towards you???
I know these are things that perhaps one shouldn't ask yet since we know each other so very little, yet it stirs my concern and many questions that come up on this point.
Questions like...what did you do? Did you do anything at all? Why were you trapped? How long ago was that or...probably the hardest question, what did they do to you?

I'm sorry if the promised story has to wait again, but I can't think straight right now.
But I can tell you, you don't have to answer these questions. It is enough for me to know that you are now well and I don't have to worry about it.
Because even though we have only known each other so briefly through these letters, I would still call you a friend.
Of course still a friend to get to know better but my feelings are telling me that this is the right thing to do.

Take care of yourself in the dark days Kyre. May the Five and Nargún be with you and I will be reading you in the New Year.

Your friend Ronar
Caldan Valdris

Post by Caldan Valdris »

-Caldan's falcon, Geraia would not simply wait by the villa this time but would literally track Aleytys down and circle her until she stopped. Only then the falcon lady would settle down on a raised place, head or shoulder height of Aly, to wait for Aly to take the message from her. Besides, she would not leave her side right now.

My beloved Arinya Alkar,

As you can see, I'm answering faster than expected, but there's a reason for that. I want you to
receive this message before Mas. My Geraia will be able to do that and at the moment I am not so
far away from you.
But it would be good if Geraia could stay with you until after Mas. Just to make sure that nothing
happens to her on the way, especially at Mas.

Are you really surprised that our adventure at sea is still so much on my mind?
It is not to be limited to just one thing. The nights with you, experiencing you on deck, in battle or
just enjoying the storm or a breeze at sea. These are sights that one does not forget.
Aleytys Lamar in all her beauty... ferocity... naturality.
No - this remains in my memory and in my heart for a small eternity.

So you can be sure that I am looking forward to repeating this. But repeat is not exactly the right
word. Every adventure at sea is different, but always an adventure.

I am already, as I said, not too far away and I will also comply with your request and spend Mas
with Jeruno and the family. We all will.
Mas is not the place to be at sea anyway, we all agree on that, and Temran is also a good place to
spend time, better than most others. Not filled with malice, venality, lies, greed for power and all
what the big cities with their harbors have to offer. A welcome change for all, then.

Again, dreams and unanswered questions. Whereby the dreams probably result, among other things,
out of the open questions.
Nothing unknown for me, let's say, despite someone had betrayed and sold me, I was worried when
she disappeared.
Nothing binds you so much as emotions, even if they are no longer worth our love.
But yes, there are also interesting stories waiting for you - but another time. I'd rather go into your
letter and then make sure that this one reaches you in time.

Oh dear, the little princess is growing up faster than you would like, I have the feeling. But, yes, I
am incredibly proud of her right now. To read that she is going to be a knight of Cadomyr...that's the
way she wants it to be and it suits her. Well, let's say it's the first of many steps on her way, which
will probably always lead to Brágon in any case.
I think I should train with her the next time I see her. Just to find out for myself how much she has
already learned.

Who knows, maybe I'll be so selfish and whisper something specific in your ear when we meet
again....it won't take that long.

You will find me with Nish, that is a promise and, the fastest way for a reunion.

Yours, loving you,

~Caldan~
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Actually, she was going to sleep, but sleep refused to come.
Too much was twisting around in her head. Unwittingly, she reached for the ring on her finger and, as always,
it gave her inexplicable strength, peace and comfort.
Quietly she got up, so as not to wake Inara, and went down to the ground floor, lighting the chimney.
The writing utensils were usually at hand, and so she began to write a letter.

"My dear Caldan,

before I tell you anything I want to thank you again from the bottom of my heart for your gift.
It gives me strength whenever I need it. But also the thoughts of *our day at the beach* do me good, warming me.

Here, everything is developing a bit sluggish but menacingly. The dark forces of the demon are expanding again.
But we - Cadomyr and its allies - are sure that we have / will find a solution.

My *hunt* has been fruitless so far - unfortunately.
I have also put myself out of action for a few days. Thinking about Mas and what happened there,
I broke a glass in my hand - and without a functioning right hand, it was not possible to really hunt for traces.
Nobody saw or heard anything from the cowards.
We suspect they all fled together for fear of the approaching consequences.
There is supposed to be a trial in Runewick - but it could take months until the responsible people move their arses.
Sorry for the rude language, but patience is not my very strongest side.

Sometimes - like right now - I just wish to sail the seas by your side and forget all the crap.

Maybe the day will come soon - who knows.

Our princess is doing well again. She had a terrible cold and several days of high fever.
Could not even attend the mass in our temple. But she was still fit enough to scold me harshly about the broken glass thing.

I miss my friend Kyre. I haven't seen her since Mas and I worry about her. I hope she gets in touch soon.
It is likely that she is once again completely lost in time and then she may forget everything around her.

Now that I have shared my thoughts I am getting tired and I do hope the sleep I need will find me now.

Take care of yourself, I think about you pretty often.

Yours Arinya Alkar"

She put everything aside, wrapped herself in a blanket and then finally fell asleep by the fireplace.
Caldan Valdris

Post by Caldan Valdris »

-This time Caldan's letter, as Jeruno announced, arrived with Nyx for Aly and Ikon was also
there with a letter from Jeruno. Both sat on the railing of the balcony and made themselves noisily
noticeable. However, Ikon had 2 letters. The other was for Inara.-

Oh my beloved Arinya Alkar,

how I wish I could just hold you in my arms right now. There is so much to tell, I don't even really
know where to begin.
I miss you so incredibly. The last weeks....
But I should start differently. I assume you read Jeruno's letter first anyway, if not, please...do.
Your last letter was so infinitely long ago, and that I saw you was even far longer.....much too long.
But it was not that I have not written to you in this long time. I have, several times. But since the
animal messengers never returned and after you asked for me in the letter to Nish, I assume that
these letters never reached you and got lost in whatever way. Geraia knows how to avoid danger,
but I could not send Geraia off with the letters. She was seriously ill and I gave her to Jeruno in care
or had. In fact, I saw her healthy and lively only last Mas again. Yes, Mas I had spent with the
family. Me and my crew agreed that from now on we will always spend Mas in Temran.
But I also come to your letter, once again.
The beach....I confess I miss this time very much right now, especially after all that has happened. I
miss just holding you in my arms.
As for those cowardly bastards. One day they will find their just punishment. Preferably at your and
Inara's hands.
The patience thing even made me smile a bit, but I'm telling you in these letters you can be as
outrageous as you want to be. That wont scare your old sea bear in any way.
Oh and as for this trial in Runewick...in my opinion, and you know it, they don't deserve such
mercy. With their behavior they have more than forfeited it.
Yes the little and in the meantime so grown up princess. I learned from the other letter to Nish that
she was knighted. Hmm...I'll say this from a deep feeling, she was born to be a knight. Not
necessarily a knight of Cadomyr but of Brágon for sure. She has the heart for it.
But what makes me even prouder is that she won the tournament. Even if only by a slim margin
against her teacher.
Oh, I would have loved to have been there. I just couldn't have promised to behave properly at the
knighting. You know, all that nobility and etiquette stuff....oh and restraint. What is that, please?
That's the kind of thing that has to be cheered!
Hm I hope you saw and talked to your friend Kyre again in the meantime. But yes some elves tend
to get lost in time for a little while. Well...what "little" means to us, doesn't it?
So and now, more recent events.
I hope you have survived Mas so far well?
How it was here...well, there was a lot going on as Jeruno probably already wrote. Oh and how I
wish you were by my side in these battles.
But these masses of undead were nothing compared to the last day when even an undead dragon
stood at the gates. But even that, as you know, was not the worst.
Nish's disappearance and that of the other 5 was...almost disastrous. For the town, but especially for
Jeruno.
I can't explain myself how this could happen. We are still waiting for more detailed statements and
answers from Nish and the others, they should recover, that is more important.
I don't know we didn't have a trail to really follow...none that led to the target were frustrating.
Sure I broke a few noses or arms here and there to get information but they were worth nothing. Oh
don't worry, these kind of guys deserved a lesson anyway.
I was worried that my little brother would break....
Sure I kept him out of most things. He should stay with the children. He didn't like it at all but
nevertheless he understood.
When the other 3 finally returned with Nish, I was shocked, I admit. Especially after her collapse. I
didn't expect that from Nish, but when the others talked about torture and that over such a long
period of time, it was probably inevitable.
Me and my crew will stay here longer and help where we can.
It's not that I don't miss the sea and especially you, but we are needed here.
Oh I wish I could just invade your island and kidnap you my love. Right now more than ever. It's
hard to see this...to see my brother like this or Nish. She is on the road to recovery but, it is slow
going, Naira and the old geezer are with her daily.

For now, I'll close the letter here and hope to hear from you soon at least.

My heart and soul are forever yours, my Arinya Alkar.

With love

~Caldan~
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

She sat in her favorite place reading once again the letter from Caldan.
Somehow she didn't know how to begin and some crumpled parchments around her testified to the rather fruitless endeavor to write him an answer.
He had referred to many things that had happened so long ago.... but yes she longed for him and his dry humor, his strong arms.
But in the long run it would not work, to see each other only twice a year?

Her frustration only grew, the whole situation in Cadomyr frustrated her deeply.
If it weren't for Inara, Amelia, Kyre and some others she would have left Illarion long ago.

With a deep sigh, she took a new parchment and her writing utensils to finally formulate an answer.

*My beloved sea bear,

I was very glad to receive something from you at last, even if it is connected with the shocking events around Nish.
I am infinitely grateful that you are - or were - in Temran to help.
I would have loved to fight by your side, too, believe me.
Mas was unpleasant and dangerous here. I don't want to go into details, but Cherga had to remind me a few times that I have an obligation.
Fortunately, Inara remained almost unharmed. Her courage to climb the tower was the turning point to our - at least temporary - victory.
We can be really proud of her. But the news from home really knocked her off balance a bit and I can only offer her my love and a shoulder to cry on.
Because I also needed to restrain myself from rushing to Nish's side.
As soon as she is better I hope she calls for me and then we will take revenge.

Sometimes I really wish I could just stay at sea with you, feeling the wind and your arms around me.
Arinya Alkar is tired and frustrated, so being kidnapped would suit me just fine.
If it wasn't for Inara, Kyre and a few others ....

Enough whining - I am thinking of you and hope you are alive and well by the time this letter reaches you.

With love

~Aly~

She whistled for her falcon and hoped the letter would reach Caldan before he set sail again.
Caldan Valdris

Post by Caldan Valdris »

-This time Caldan's letter seems to arrive shortly after Mas. Moreover, it is Geraia again who
lands on the railing of the balcony and makes herself heard. She has a letter with her, of course, and
also a map, it seems. But she is also very in need of cuddling, as far as one can say for an eagle lady.-

My beloved Arinya Alkar,

can you imagine how much I miss you? How much I would like to just hold you in my arms? Kiss
you and far more than that? Longing can truly be torturous...but this one will soon come to an end.
I confess to you that I have missed you since you left Temran. You have really captivated me like
rarely anyone else.
But I can also tell you that Mas was quite calm. Apparently it changes from year to year. Nish has
been more reserved, but I'm sure she'll write to you about that herself.
There is also a good reason why I am contacting you only now. Me and my crew were on our way
to Gynk earlier to settle the last... let's say... unpaid bills, so nothing stands in the way of our plan as
I have described it to you. We will stay in Temran and only operate from here with the ship and
boats for the river trips. There is also a lot of planning in this regard.
We just have to realise that we can't be everywhere to do the right thing. So now everything is
settled and the next trip will take us to Illarion. We will meet someone on the sea and when that is
done we will head for one of the islands near Illarion, a map for you is also enclosed in the letter.
That way we will also find some time for ourselves. We can stay for 3 weeks or longer if you wish,
my Arinya Alkar.

I confess that so much has happened that I will have to think for a while about the last thing I told
you about my life and no, when we meet there are more important things than talking about my
past.
In the next letter, perhaps when we are on our way back to Temran, I will shed some more light on
the life of your Caldan Valdris.
Until then, I very much look forward to seeing you.

As always, my heart and soul are eternally yours my Arinya Alkar and both long for the day when I
can hold you in my arms again.

With eternal love

Yours

~Caldan~
Caldan Valdris

Post by Caldan Valdris »

-This time the letter from Caldan did not arrive through Geraia but reached Aly through Ikon and Nyx
together with other letters from Nishadaa. Before the end of the year 70, of course, before Mas.-

My beloved Arinya Alkar,

It seems far too long since I've seen you. But it hasn't been that long at all. Unfortunately, this letter will
probably be rather short because of the preparations for Mas and the months that follow.
I, or rather we, have one or two projects in the pipeline. We'll have to leave the ship where it is and use
smaller boats to navigate the river.
Let's say it's a kind of relief operation where secrecy has top priority. Maybe I can tell you more when I'm
back with you. I know secrets are kept safe with you.
I'm also paying a little more attention to my sister-in-law. I know she's strong and all that, but, well, she
tends to overstep, doesn't she.
I long for the day when we meet again and as always you will receive a short message through Geraia
when I am at anchor.
It looks like we'll be able to stay a little longer, which will do both of us good. Maybe I'll bring you a little
something, let me surprise you, my heart.
Now it remains for me to wish us all the best for Mas and take care of yourself dearest, as well as the
little princess...although she's not that little anymore...just very young.

You are forever in my heart and soul...a part of me.

In eternal love

Yours

~Caldan~