Relationships

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

nathi

Relationships

Post by nathi »

Slowly she crosses the bridge into the town. Walking seems to be difficult for her, her coat covers her left arm. Elesil greets her with a slight nod, the two of them talk to each other for a while. Elesil tells her about the events of the past weeks. Wordlessly she goes into the guardhouse and writes several letters at the desk. Finally she gives these letters to Philibald, and offers him to hang them up on the teleporters of all three towns. Philibald briefly reads one of the letters, grins at her, puts on his hat and runs away. She looks at him for a moment, then she moves to the island of earth. She stops for a moment and looks over at the hospital, then she disappears into the entrance of the Faculty of Nature, a moment later you can still hear her walking stairs, a door creaking, then it gets quiet.

A few moments later, the letters are hanging on the teleporters.
I regret Katharina's decision, which according to her statement is not to be a punitive action against Runewick. However, this measure affects all and only citizens of Runewick and is therefore difficult to understand as anything else.

Irrespective of this background, unilateral cost investigations rarely lead to economic success, and if so, then only in the short term. However, in the long term they do put a strain on economic cooperation, and thus on mutual success, as well as on relations and the willingness to support each other in every way.

As a member of Runewicks Council, I find it very difficult under these circumstances to continue to persuade our citizens to engage in joint ventures with the other towns.
I have so far kept silent about the tool hire of Galmair in the hope that Galmair, as a sign of goodwill, will eventually follow the example of Cadomyr and Runewick.
Although there have already been discussions about this, Cadomyr has now followed Galmair's example, both charging rents exclusively to Runewick's citizens.

I would like to express my disappointment to both, Katharina and Oxiana.

Nevertheless Runewick remains free to use the facilities and resources of the Runewick.
In the event of violations of the Archmage's rules, such as waste of natural materials, we will only contact the person in question.
Runewick's citizens are also free to charge for services rendered to other empires.
We understand free trade as promoting and self-regulating.

I ask Katharina and Oxiana to reconsider and reject the measures against Runewick.

~Deanna
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Re: Relationships

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Replies are added beneath each parchment.
Deanna,

one dwarven month ago, I gave a first warning to not abuse our good will and was ignored. Certain citizen remained daily guests in our mines and our workshop, barely talking to the Cadomyrian community and actively avoiding social contacts to increase their own profit.

Now, you point out that only Runewickian citizen are 'targeted' with these measurements. Think about why that is. No Galmairian abuses our resources and tools as some certain other Runewickian citizen do. No Galmairian actively avoids other people in accord to max their own profit by working faster and less interrupted.

Please also keep in mind that Cadomyr's fee is limited to eight months, so far there aren't plans to prolong this. However, I would like to also point out that behavior and false accusations like the one received from Fooser are not helpful at all. Also keep in mind that I offered people refunds if they need the licences to work for more than their own private profit. If I work on my tailoring and my needle breaks, I pay for its repair as well. So why should people not pay for repairing an anvil, which they do not even own? Cadomyrians pay those repairs with their taxes, but people from outside who overuse our tools, need to pay in another way to come up for those repairs. Easy as that.

Other than this fee, everything stays the same. Runewickian guests are as welcome as always, crafters who use our tools in a reasonable extend are able to get the fees paid back, and whenever Runewick needs our help, we will be there.

You say, that you are disappointed. I am disappointed about the way you address these things now, I thought we could talk about things in private before making public accusations. I talked to you before setting up this fee as well and explained why I thought it fitting. I explained that this is not a hostile punishment and rather a self-protection of our own economy.

I would prefer to discuss these things in person, rather than washing dirty clothes in public, you are - as always - invited to sit together and talk about things. I want to cooperate with both realms as always.

Countess of House Desert Fox
nathi

Re: Relationships

Post by nathi »

Dear Katharina

Talks have already been held on this subject, you knew my position on it.
Even though I rarely use the path of public statements, a public response from me is not immediately a novelty.
It is particularly important to me that the citizens of Runewick also know my position and reaction to this.

My letter does not contain any embarrassment but deals with the officially known treatment of Runewick's citizens. The so-called dirty laundry I cannot recognize in my letter.
At the same time my letter is also a request to Cadomyr and Galmair, I ask them to consider it as such.
I am ready for personal talks, I am open for solutions, especially if I can make a positive announcement to our citizens.
Until then, my statement will be considered an official protest.

~Deanna