Disrespect and Ignorance

All about Runewick and its Guilds. / Alles über Runewick und die Gilden in Runewick.

Moderators: Elvaine Morgan, Gamemasters

Synyster

Disrespect and Ignorance

Post by Synyster »

A parchment is nailed to the post by the marketplace. The writing is quick and almost rushed. While reading one can feel the emotion behind it's message

To Runewick,

In my time here in Runewick I have met many friendly people. Many have helped me learn lots and I thank you all for that. However I see now how little you care about Runewick's first (and for me a lasting) impression. Before crossing the bridge into town you can find yourself at the farming fields. A beautiful sight if you don't look down. After months of living here I have watched remains of my kind being stepped on and ignored. These skeletons, lay next to a deadly plant, feet away from the street like trash. Today I witnessed an individual attempt at kicking said remains to "clear" the mess after being mentioned. I, Redric have taken a vow in life. To value each and every living thing and to appreciate everything from the smallest of insects to the biggest of mountains. So for me, this is the worst action that could have been taken. It was disrespectful, inhumane and disgusting. I will not say the name. They know, and that's is enough.

I don't intend to stay in a town where remains are merely disregarded and ignored. I don't not intend to stay in a town that begs me to stay all the while bones and skeletons of my kind are used as a decorative piece. I suggest the deadly plants to be relocated to a safer more isolated place and the bones given an appropriate burial. Instead you leave them there to get pushed into the ground and forgotten. For this I say shame. Shame on each and every one of you. Perhaps Runewick is not for me. The idea of having a Queen is inviting, surely no Queen would allow such terror.

Best regrards,
Redric 'Ricric' Merrywick
Kyre

Re: Disrespect and Ignorance

Post by Kyre »

A parchment is quickly added..

Redric,
Don't leave, let's talk and plan to fix things!

The Witch
nathi

Post by nathi »

Usually Runewick's citizens prefer a community that functions without orders or permissions, as long as they do not conflict with the laws of the city.
Each citizen is therefore free in their choices and actions, which serve the community and its cultural rules.

No one should demand from another what he himself does not wish to provide.
For example, if there are calls for the protection of the city, I ask you to take up a task with the guard or the rangers.
If there is a need for improvement in the city, I ask for willingness to take on this task.
If there are things that bother someone personally or others, then I ask you to take on the task to stop the problem and ask others to help.

As for the remains of the unknown mortals at the plants, there have always been complaints for their own safety, but there has never been any movement on the part of the citizens to eliminate the problem, nor to bury the remains.
The Runewick Council, however, does not issue feudal decrees, the citizens themselves are called upon to face the tasks of the community.
The City Council provides advice and support to any citizen who is committed to the aims of the community.
In this case, I recommend that a funeral be arranged for the remains. Initiatives are welcomed.

~Deanna
nathi

Post by nathi »

As for the matter of the implied desecration that has been publicly denounced here, I would like a report. Confidential if desired

~Deanna
Charlotte-ate-wilbur

Post by Charlotte-ate-wilbur »

There have been several efforts over many years to clear the plants and bury the remains. The council of Runewick had made it clear that to do so was a crime against the council or more accurately, it's former members the Bearers of Fire. Once they left the realm in the state they did, there has been no public announcement allowing citizens to once again handle the blights that afflict the realm. It is easy to assume that it is still a crime to do something.

It should perhaps be made clear that the former Order of Fire is in fact guilty of gross misconduct, and any remaining members of the order should be put to justice. They should either aid in reconstruction and clean up, provide financial recompense, or serve another form of punishment if they think they are above such reparations.

If there are not efforts by the council to see this right and take some accountability then perhaps the archmage should reevaluate the council's purpose and powers. It is not the responsibility of the citizens to take accountability for the misconduct of zealots.

~A Golden Claw seal is the only indication of a signature~
nathi

Post by nathi »

To whom it is addressed

It's too easy to blame the past. But in this matter, the effort does not do justice to the result.

Since the Order has fled, I still represent the council alone. I expressly do not represent prohibitions and restrictions imposed by members of the Order of the Bearers of Fire.

In this matter I do not call any citizen to account, but only remind of the freedom of action of every citizen of this town. However, I remind especially those who complain.

Therefore I ask once again for the support of everyone in our community. If no one is willing to organize the burial of the bones of the poor mortals, I will arrange it eventually. In example as in the case of the removal of the fish pile at Runewick, where finally Sarangerel from Galmair helped me.

I myself would therefore like to encourage everyone to be ambitious and to prove themselves before the eyes of the Archmage if they wish to take responsibility for the city. This responsibility can either serve to support me or replace me.

By the way, I once asked you, my dear writing citizen, to take over the leadership of the Towns Guard, but you refused for personal reasons.
This offer still stands.

Further discussions on this topic can be discussed with me personally.

~Deanna
Caswir

Post by Caswir »

I have taken upon my own liberty, and also with Deanna's permission, to arrange a project to relocate the plants to the Twin Eyes Islands. We will also bury the bones at this time. These plants have attacked me a few times now, so I know what happens when you get too close to one as an elf and would like to see them moved out of the way and to a safe place. The event is on 01st Tanos 61. We will need someone who isnt an elf or halfling preferably since the plants are reactive to these races, who can help dig the plants.

(4$\/\/1/2
Tyan Masines

Post by Tyan Masines »

A note is added below all the others.

I propose we also take down the barriers at this date, if the manpower and time permits it.
Clean up the whole area, so to speak.

If not, we can squeeze that in during the training session I suppose.

Signed,
Tyan
Caswir

Post by Caswir »

Yeah we will have to move some barriers anyway to get them out of the way of the plants. As you said if we have enough manpower we should be able to take them all down.

So I agree, and will try to make this happen.

(4$\/\/1/2
Charlotte-ate-wilbur

Post by Charlotte-ate-wilbur »

Authority does not mean one can pick and choose who takes responsibility for their actions- To sweep the actions of some under a rug while those you may not like must take full responsibility. Some may even be consequenced through the law for doing nothing wrong, yet when people nearly destroy our town you simply forget about it.

There are still ex members of the Order of Fire who roam these lands, they should aid Runewick or pay for their crimes against it. Ignoring the harm that has been caused means anyone can do it again, free of consequences.

This lack of justice is appalling coming from a land of supposed wisdom.

~A golden claw seal is the only indication of signature