Diary ((CLOSED))

All about Runewick and its Guilds. / Alles über Runewick und die Gilden in Runewick.

Moderators: Elvaine Morgan, Gamemasters

Kyre

Diary ((CLOSED))

Post by Kyre »

A few runes of possible protection are etched into the front of the book that appears to be made of leather.. the other runes are randomly written throughout the book which is a personal diary of the Witch that is locked with a key then a drop of dried blood may be seen in a strange circular figure on the front.

I decided to make this diary of my new life now but will lock it where only I can write in it... or maybe I'll open it for special people but it will always need a drop of my blood to open then the key to follow.

There is so much to say I don't know where to start. I'll need to think on this, should a history be started, or just go for today?

A lot of different runes are drawn now as the witch decides how to begin this important new step in her life.

Kyre

Re: Diary ((CLOSED))

Post by Kyre »

More writing is neatly added for the next page..

Diary,
I have decided to add whatever I wish and that includes history because I have it fresh in my mind and in years to come may need to read this over. In the mean time I wanted to describe the wonderful cloaks Caswir gave the Illuminate guild. Jakob made them making sure each thread was exact and perfect. The triskele on the back was added with meticulous care and the initials of the guild were on the front. Hopefully each member will be proud to wear, I know I will..

There follows a ponderous drawing of the cloak along with runes.

Being late at night while this candle doesn't help to light the parchment sufficiently even with two full moons...here is the start...

The remaining writing is less exact and the ink runs slightly as if the candle is burning down too fast.

I awakened for the second time in my life in a cave, this time not frightened like the first. I was missing something.... including my memory. With months of confusion and pain, I began to receive some little memory at a time with bits and pieces of what happened yet was still as weak as a babe. This is not the start though...perhaps I should begin there first?
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A lot of scribbles are added to the top half of the next page as if in a hurry and also may signify different days and times. No date is added.

Diary,
I am hunting gems so Caswir can make jewelry though not sure he can use the ugly ones I've found but I stopped off in Runewick long enough to get any packages and mail. Sammy is soooo sweet sending me the wicker basket full of goodies, I left some coins and a couple of latents for him I hope he likes as payment.

These meetings about Jefferson Gray disturb me in many ways but the main one is the man, or is it demon or partial demon won't be there and won't be the one to decide his fate. Does a demon actually get to make a decision though? Another question to ponder on among many. Yes, he can be told later but does he actually have a say? I guess my mage background is showing through with these unanswered questions.

Good news! The scar that Rinao's arrow made and Aswe did surgery on later, is barely seen. I'm not sure if it will eventually disappear altogether or not but I can deal with it now.. it isn't so ugly.

Alright.. history again..this time at the start.

The scribble left at the top of the parchment is now replaced with more polished writing..

My village was attacked as I was a little girl and we were all put in a cave I later would call the dead zone. As a result I didn't know I was a mage while subsisting barely alive, I just knew that occasionally the jailers would come, get one of us witches then she would never be seen again.

A drop of wet is on the page near the bottom of her writing before a scribble is now added again.

I can't write any more now.. it is too painful.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A pen is used to mark through the obvious damp spot in the diary...

The Witch mutters..

He hates when I cry and he can get in this diary anytime he wants using my blood and finding the key!

Staring at the scribble then adding a couple more lines, the witch hopes it hides the tear on the previous page.

Best I can do.

I told Caswir some of my stories of the first cave today including Nargun and the raven that visited. We had a long talk then when he left I realized how terrible I was.. I didn't find out any more about him except his plan for the dragon cave! Since he wants to do it alone I guess I'll wait at the cross for Cherga to send him back crossing fingers and toes he won't have to go!

We talked of Jefferson today and I told him what I thought. I felt warm all over with his words...

I'll back you.

There is nothing more I could ask for in a bond mate!

History as promised...

I don't wish to do this but feel I must. Perhaps one day someone will be curious? Anyway, the raven lead me away from the first cave long ago, after reminding me of a hex I had learned in the village. It put the jailer immediately to sleep and with the door open, I tentatively followed the raven out of the dead zone. The pain was almost unbearable when the mana hit me! I didn't know what it was but the fire was so intense I almost turned back to the cave before hearing a voice...

YOU ARE FIRE, YOU ARE KYRE

I looked up to see a raven fly away and as the pain subsided realized that I would always worship Nargun, the god of chaos.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

I was really dreading the meet in Runewick about Jefferson and even more after realizing there were only 4 total there..and this counting the frightening Archmage!

Come to find out he wasn't as scary as I thought.

Nothing came of the meeting except an order for our guild to suggest one plan. I feel sorry for Caswir our guild leader! Maybe I should go hunting in order not to influence him much? I'm trying to decide. A guild meeting will be scheduled and hopefully all ideas will be considered. We all have Runewick as our number one priority, however I am not convinced, the man Jefferson is the second.

History...

After the cave I roamed around for awhile not understanding the human language much and never finding anyone from my village. The elves I did meet were nothing like what I was used to, and no witches were around. Were they all caught and burned at the stake like I feared or maybe put in the quiet place? I was hesitant to ask but saw a library book called "Malleus Maleficarum, a Witch Hunter Book" and was very glad I knew how to read.

Grabbing a schooner at the harbor that was going to some island....not caring where except was as far as I could afford, I met a woman after disembarking that was working on potions. She seemed friendly so after awhile, I dared to tell her my secret and she didn't seem to mind I was a witch in fact appeared quite pleased. Joxia told me of a place where some called the "Temple" stayed. A strange place called Hellbriar that she said also wouldn't mind my nature so brought me there through a fiery doorway. She said she was second in line and the first wasn't around at the moment. They had some work for me to do and would pay handsomely, so since I figured the coins would be helpful I agreed to at least listen.....
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Some ideas were batted back and forth during the mage get together and a brief summary was discussed. Then I finally managed a rendezvous with Jefferson in order to clarify some things and wish I hadn't. When confessing to Caswir later that I removed his jewelry, my Love was unexpectedly calm which I definitely wasn't expecting. I'm wondering sometimes what I did to deserve him..he always surprises me.

History:

In preparation for the final conflict with the temple and Nordmarkers, I wore a ring that kept his children elves until the ring was returned. No, I didn't do the spell that changed his human children into the hated elves, but the wizard that accomplished it suddenly disappeared. They needed another to finish their project. After agreeing however, I had small hints from others that my life wouldn't be considered very important once the deed was finished. My plan was devised against Joxia but would include her husband Dain also, placing pressure to protect me no matter what happened. In preparation I needed a few things.. and also some blood which always makes rituals work better. The deed would be accomplished in a week or two on a moonless night before MAS when she would be alone and at her weakest.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

The Sign of the Community meeting by Deanna was a great success.. Jakob's banners were perfect and the Archmage left a great surprise on the bench for all Runewickers to enjoy. Caswir gave a thoughtful speech on the guild and we sat for Jakob to draw a wonderful picture. I don't have the one he drew but just a poor copy done later however I am very proud of it!

I am very disturbed however by what Zelphyra and Aswe said! I AM NOT PREGNANT NOR smell different nor do I look gravid whatever that means!

History:

It took a long time for me to make something similar to what I wish to use. I can't tailor well but don't wish to trust this to anyone else. Finally after painstaking work I have something that may look believable in the dark. My plan should be taken as true. Joxia rubs her large belly as if waiting for the day so the timing has to be soon! One dark night I follow her to the harbor making sure she is alone, than when she steps in the forest to hunt a herb I confront her.

"Joxia, I have heard rumors of plans after we confront this Jarl Vigalf and his barbarians up north. Rumors of plans for me."

She appeared unconcerned knowing her great strength surpasses mine.. and greets me with a small smile of welcome as I reached in my bag for the effigy.

"I don't wish to harm anyone.. but after all those years in the cave, I want to be cautious of plans for the future."
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

The Witch had never been sick to her stomach on a quick trip in any ship but was definitely getting close now as she watched the crew use any weapon in their attempt to keep the monsters from climbing aboard. She thought she could take this trip quickly, get the runes offered and get home before Mas started. As it turned out no runes and not home.. yet. Hoping everyone close to her remained safe, Kyre stumbles to her cabin attempting not to fall overboard with the roll of the ship...hoping to allow her mana to again build up before going back out to the mayhem muttering..

"Nargun you are laughing aren't you!"

She manages to write briefly in her diary..

If I make it home.. I'll write more history later!
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

The neglectful entries here are just that... gone and forgotten because the days have run into one another with the calm and peace of just rest after Mas, and being with someone you care for and they care for you. We have talked a lot..things we agree on, yet if we don't, those have been tabled under "discuss another day, maybe never". Which is a nice place to be, or even stay. I try to stay out of his political business yet he encourages anything I get involved in as far as research and ideas. We both talked to Yridia the druid and found a suitable place for the poisonous plants, a place they should thrive well in. Even that halfling that put the angry parchment in Runewick agreed with the place.

I don't have definitive answers as far as my lecture or upcoming talk on demons so was counting on others to give their experiences to help... I have to admit I'm a little nervous about it so hope a lot of my friends show up.

Alright.. I have put this off long enough. Back to History:

My plan went perfectly, Joxia, second in line to the temple and first in the absence of Nalzaxx, was looking at me not as someone she could simply get rid of, but someone she was very cautious, even frightened of. After she called Dain and I saw the hate in his eyes, I knew I had to quickly hide once this was over but for now, they both believed that if I was harmed, so would be their unborn child. Yes, I felt evil but also safe. The next plan will be to go to Nordmark and finish with the barbarians and Jarl Vigalf what was started then quickly leave to my hiding place already arranged.

(( I have lost a lot of logs so am doing this older part of the Nordmark quest from memory, if you wish me to add or remove something let me know! ))
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Something happened today after our talk of the demon. An elfess in white arrived and looked weak as if needing help. She seemed as if she could barely walk but while I moved close in an effort to see the problem, she attempted to get in my mind before physically draining my mana so fast that I had none when finally pulling my wand from it's belt. I felt so empty, I called Caswir but he had already left and as I fell I couldn't do much but manage to see her with a blush as if my mana gave her power or energy. She then tried to move closer... to do what? The Countess stopped her yet as I pulled myself to the bench I wondered what else she wished to do and why?

How could this happen? Was she a demon or part demon, neither? Where did she get the power? This requires more study.. Yet before that my next step will be training with a bow!

A number of runes are then drawn in the sign of demons yet they also seem to denote confusion.

History:

The witch began to write quickly from exact memory as if had written this part before

Jarl Vigalf of Nordmark had wanted the ring sitting on my long red nailed finger..the ring that would turn his part elven hexed children back to fully human. I had arrived at the request of Joxia and other templars in the barbarian settlement for a final meeting and disclosure of conditions that the ring would be returned. Yet that discussion had turned into a raging fight and with a swosh of the long sword my hand with the ring was gone, I didn't even see where the hand went! The only thing that saved my head was Joxia and the bond I had, in an impulsive feeling of distrust, placed on Joxia's unborn child. The Jarl, with a last swift kick to my ribs walked away at Joxia's bequest to join his once again human children. Someone tied a bandage around my bleeding wrist and took me away from that town. I left to the solace of the forests of Tol where they accepted a witch for several years. In fact Arcia said I could stay as long as I wished provided no spells were done.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

I enjoyed the spar with the other mage and meeting the bard at Tyan's practice. One day maybe I'll see her sing.

For many years on the beautiful isle of Tol Vamina I had learned the art of sleeping in trees. As I recall there were a few favorite. It takes a little practice but can be eventual pleasure to find just the right branch so I have found no problem and in fact gain some independence returning to my bedding of long ago. I need to feel that independence again.

It was in Tol I plotted my revenge deep in the forest where no one else could see.....

History:

Kyre laid her wand on the table as she used one long-nailed hand to pull the glove off the other frowning her dissatisfaction as the newly made glass hand sparkled brightly in the light . Letting her thoughts wander to the exact instance she lost her hand, the frown deepens as dark eyes become slowly reddened with anger.

Lightning rained down uncontrollably for a few minutes, anyone awakened may think a loud storm was brewing, before her emotions are under control as the witch mutters.

I will get my hand from you Vigalf then I will be whole!

I will find where it is, then even that barbarian calling himself Mattin can't stop me!

Whispering quiet words in the moonlight, the black candle she had obtained, flickered but made no progress pushing back the encroaching night, Kyre called on her god and her blood magic to make many sacrifices. Finally surrounding the candle with her offerings, a bejeweled hand dripping with bright red blood moves toward the flickering flame hovering near as her eyes close. Minutes later, a grin forms on her face.

Soon Jarl!
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

I started by renting a room from Caswir rather then Runewick because he offered. No coins were paid however every shard found was given to him. For two years I have paid half the rent for a house but was only allowed one picture of mine without argument... the bath was a large argument but finally installed.

Nothing else in the house is mine and any change refused, so I didn't even get the full room for half my rent and it always smelled of storage items and barrels. Yet why was it referred to as a house we shared? Who else would consider it theirs?

Grateful means appreciative for benefits received and not receiving anything in return. I never expected anything for what I gave and never will. My sense of equality doesn't imply that I would expect a return. To tell someone they should be grateful is telling them to be subservient, that nothing was ever received in return. It definitely is not love and caring.

History:

I have not much to report during this time. The glass hand kept on breaking and I would get a new one, or sometimes just wear a glove. The quiet time was given over to study of different cultures including elves.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Since you gave me the small phiole with blood and the key I dare to write something to support you my friend.

Caswir is an idiot to let a woman like you go !
How can be a lousy room better then the company of a stunning, fiery woman like you ?
I hope his ass is freezing in his mess of a house now, out of lonesomeness.
See - thats why I told you - love is overrated and no man is worth to let your guard down.

I can't be hurt anymore.

There are a lot of men for amusement outside dear ! Take them , they are all yours, but never give away your freedom.
Especially not for someone who is only thinking on his own comfort, instead of caring for the person he loves.

Your dearest friend

Aly
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

The witch starts to cross out a lot of ink from words she had written before Aly's then reads the best writing her friend has ever done and smiles...

You are so nice to me Aly!

Again a warm feeling begins in her heart and spreads as she ponders her talk with Sammy...

He really loves me? Caswir does?

The letters are written very large in her diary and she then writes...
I love him also!

Kyre now laughs as she writes what Sammy explains about men "Don't expect to always get words you want from them" then finishes scratching the rest of the words written previously. I must remember to send a raven to Aly!

Aly, you are a wonderful friend, I think we have at least a talk started though.. wish us luck!
Kyre

These letters are again written quite large now...

I'm not going anywhere Caswir.. we can talk!
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A small sentence is added to the top of the next page.

I didn't run away.. he left?

Something else seems to be added, almost scribbled..

I'm to agree with the lies, maybe because he does, or is it simply lie to the liar? Is that what it takes to see my children.. compromise my self esteem? Would they wish to see their Mama that way? I am counting the days when they are old enough. He said they cried... I rue the day I trusted them to be in gentle, loving hands.

Another line is placed at the bottom of the page..

Sometimes I feel so alone.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

I decided to write in here even if nothing much has happened during the day... why should everything be such a disaster in my life? Thank goodness for my love at least being kind and gentle. Yes, I finally snuck in the house again and climbed in his large bed, where I belong. I also told him he can never have the key again, he'll have to strip me to find if he wants it (which might be fun in itself). Yes, I can be a mean witch occasionally, some might say a lot.

As far as my second home to go to in order to cool down, the apple tree behind the house has very tasty apples but also has the best branch for sleeping! It is the tall one almost at the top..is wide and comfortable.

There is a mild mystery. I saw the most gorgeous dog I wanted to bring home but he had a strange collar, something about master of carpentry on it? Now I wonder if someone took a potion. He (Caswir thought a he) left though and went to Runewick. Maybe I'll see him again or figure out who it was? If not.. I really would like to keep him. I wouldn't plan any experiments on such a cute animal.

History.. I'm trying to remember if the Mage Academy or me applying for a position in Trolls Bane came next. I think I need more time in the apple tree though Caswir doesn't like me staying long.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

I take back all my reservations of Caswir in politics after last night! There was some meeting with the Archmage which I don't know much about, then we not only wrestled after he came back, but the tub is totally empty of water as it splashed onto the floor! I'm not really sure when we fell into bed but there is still water on the floor near the tub that I'll get to sometime today.

Separate message: Buy more soap More: When I get rich I'll hire a house cleaner.. or maybe make a hex for one?

It may have been that last drink I mixed for him also.. a mixture of all behind the bar but the night was a blur of much activity. I made sure to avoid the alcohol wanting to enjoy myself thoroughly and not to get drunk like once before.. or even worse go to sleep!

All that happened in the bath and later will be left to dreams which will supply the wonderful specifics! I wonder how much he remembers?

History:

I first applied for some position in Trolls Bane deciding my study at Tol Vanima didn't cover all the races so thought of studying there, but I lost that election which didn't bother me much... I would simply study here and maybe venture to the harbor occasionally before trying another time.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A brief note in here about the secret hex I have been asked to perform. The question is, should this be permanent... or just for a little while, if permanent there will be large damage! Perhaps I'll try just a little. I'm very glad this person consulted me, the hex should be effective though I think can understand nothing is perfect. I mean a small rash rather then large hurt such as breaking a leg or something similar may work just as well though different from what was imagined.

A lot of runes along with elven symbols of possible hexes follows covering the rest of the page not allowing any room for history.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

The writing on this page is less flowery then others and appears to have uneven lines denoting sentences.

The witch used her magical wand and excelled in the fight to save.....

What a lie...I wish it happened that way, actually the old man saved the day! I am in the hospital, my arm hurts and is in a sling, my head hurts and has stitches. To top it off, my metal hand is neatly stored in my bag for the moment. Oh, did I mention I am also a little, well a lot ready for more wine but Sammy's bottle is empty! I'll write more later after Nargun stops laughing
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

There is a much more eloquent writing back in the diary..

I woke to some lovely wine and ointment setting next to my hospital bed and was very happy to get this from Sammy. Just as I sat up, my arm and head still very sore. Eli was perfect and avenged me with the warrior orc. Here is what happened......

The writing suddenly stopped in the diary as if she was interrupted. It began a few hours later with a different pen.

I saw a shadow over the doorway and the person I was longing to see standing there with the parchment I sent by raven. So tall and always appearing very strong but Caswir also remains forever calm, maybe one thing that attracts me to him the most. As if he knew exactly what to do he came over to the bed, looked me over and handed me the sibinac and a pipe.

Try it just once, you will feel better.

After the first coughing fit, my arm and head did feel much better, so I tried another couple getting now quite numb. Why is it hard to walk with one arm in a sling? It should have nothing to do with two legs! Caswir walked slow waiting for me as we went to Cadomyr for him to make my new helmet. Since Galmair started charging for their workshop, he actually likes working in the sandy town. The Countess and I are at least cordial, agreeing to quietly disagree on some issues so I bought a trinket from the jeweler hoping to support the place though was happy to return home and get into my own bed... well not really mine, his.

Having woken up to write I slowly scooted out of bed gently moving his arm and had the most terrible taste in my mouth! I have decided sibinac may be fine when hurt.. but not the thing to take all the time. Also the one smoking doesn't have to smell the smoke... a strange conundrum.

History:

The first time I was a teacher at the Academy I didn't like how it was run.. and didn't appreciate being attacked by one that just wanted to get under my skirt so quit. I have more things to add about the Academy but am very tired and my arm is starting to hurt again. Maybe later....

The writing then trails off...
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Some very old and faded parchments are attached using a druid glue to the paper of the diary with carefully penned explanation of each:

This is the reason I started teaching again. The Magic Academy was run by Athian and was a place it was again fair for all. There were so many students however, it simply took time to get to each because the teachers wished to do a thorough time with their classes and make sure the students had a good education.

Lesson learned, read everything!

William and I became very close..
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Aly is missing, she simply disappeared as what looked like a portal was over her after a blue mist! Remember the digging party Eli had, well it all happened during what was suppose to be a boring work party to get bricks for Lennier's project. Something terrible went wrong when a mist developed, then we saw a casket in a clay hole.. did Aly first find it?

My brain is still not right realizing my best friend is gone and the mist was trying to get energy by using us.. particularly me and Eli. Did it go for mana? I fell in the hole and broke some vials in a casket that had containers inside. The broken vials I found were all given one to each. When I climbed out we realized we had all five represented but earth. They hinted at spirit, air, water, and fire in the broken vials. Did Jakob find the earth when he climbed back in the hole? Also, how would this help us find Aly? It was too dark now to hunt her yet we had no plan either....so decided to wait.

I am glad this is a diary and doesn't have to make sense but KNOW I'll remember this forever! The feeling of loss as my friend disappeared.

History..

William became my first student and was at first fun to be around. I thought I fell in love yet was very naive. I secretly slowed some classes wanting to keep him around longer realizing he cared a lot for me second only to magic. We had planned on getting married eventually, and in fact had a child named Corvus. A quiet, sweet boy which was never found after William left for the last time to Lor Angur in anger knowing I had fallen in love with another and wouldn't move there with him.

Celegail, one of my students also, had been designated as Corvus' aunt attempted to find the baby with us yet we eventually assumed William had absconded with him. After that, Celegail and I simply drifted apart, not on purpose, just time and other problems occurred. One day I looked up at the two moons and realized I had no idea where my friend was.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Waiting for Caswir to arrive from the tavern at Cad, being excited we found Aly alive and hopefully she'll get well with Aswe's good care, I finally drifted off to sleep but the dream I had was a nightmare!

The Dream,
There was the sound of rocks falling before they fell right in front of me and blocked my exit from a cave. I heard a raven in the distance almost laughing and called repeatedly for help but no one heard. In my dream, the rest of the group all finally came and they took the wounded Aly away from this strange island but no one realized I hadn't left. It was my own fault for exploring on my own and not staying with the group. Nargun, what do I do now? I had three portals but all landed outside the cave walls. I don't want to spend years more in a cave! Would Caswir try to find me after awhile or just think I was still roaming around? Or any of the group? When Aly felt better would she wonder where I was? What about the old man, would he give up on me?

As I gasped and sat up in bed, suddenly awake before the dream ended, I gazed out the window seeing a large raven laughing and prayed fervently...

"Never again Nargun"
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

There has been almost too much happening to put in this diary so forgive my winded diatribe.

Aly is healing and hopefully will be with us for many years! She is managing to walk a little and I hope not too many more days will begin her sword lessons. I'm still waiting to hear from her regarding someone she hopes will be very close to her. She waits more patiently then I do.

Eli, my worrisome old man has left on a trip much to my chagrin not even bothering to ask me to accompany. His excuse is he thought Caswir and I would be.. uh.. an elven word crossed out BUSY.
If I don't see him in a dwarven day or so..I'll try to find him.

As far as Runewick, there is definitely some problems and Deanna is gone. Now both towns have started to charge for tools and workshop used. Caswir wishes to also charge though I wonder about being the better of the towns, I have no information otherwise so have decided to stay relatively quiet. Another person however has made an attempt to be fair on the issue.

A parchment is torn from one of the numerous places in Cadomyr and when the witch returns home, folds to add to the diary.

(( viewtopic.php?f=89&t=42634 ))

I officially write in this diary I have a new love for lizards, at least this one!

History.. I'll write something later, it has been some very long days.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

What goes with love.. trust. Trust not to tear up a toy when given to a child, trust to take care of something precious, trust to return affections. If a doll was given to a little girl, would that doll be watched, guarded closely then taken away for some unknown reason?
Would the girl then think that doll had a problem and needed to be closely guarded, maybe not worthy of her full love, not trustworthy? Would the girl even want to be around that doll much, thinking there was some kind of problem? Trust is very important in love.

I have sent some messages to my daughters but not sure if they received, so will write here and show them when they are old enough to come on their own without being stopped as they wish to see their real Mama. Caswir thought this was a good idea.. and yes, we trust each other.

Teilra, Branwen,

Know I think of you all the time and at night before I sleep send hugs to my witchlets. I'm hoping you feel them and the hugs leave a smile on your faces as dreams that envelope you. I'm sure you will be cautious of your actions as I have taught you in your younger years.. However when you are old enough and no one can hold you from coming sweeties, you can act as witches here like you were born to. I am confident you will get along well with many here, and they will love you as I do. I will leave a lot of things unanswered for when you arrive so we can talk in person while I hug you both dearly yet you will have the freedom to come and go unlike now.

Love,
Mama

Brief History,

I loved teaching at the Academy.. only wishing to teach one student yet every time I saw a new one anxiously applying I couldn't help wishing to take them also. There were some private requests I just couldn't say no to though should have. I think Athian was the same. My lessons dimmed in light of his... I sat in a class or two. Those years were wonderful and I can't write enough of how exciting they were. I learned a lot and felt fulfilled, hoping the students did also.

I didn't like politics and only ran for a position in Trolls Bane due to wishing to learn more about the races, also hoping to improve the town. Looking back, it was one of my worst mistakes.

Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A shame I have been neglecting this diary but actually things have been fairly quiet though I have missed Caswir lately. I wanted to talk to him about this Priestess that wanted something from a bloodwitch yet indicated not to ask Eli. To me that was strange and gave me warning signs things could be shady, so I sent a parchment I needed more information.. awaiting an answer now. I don't wish to bring shady things onto the guild and have promised Caswir the guild would stay well within my thoughts.

It was very good to talk to Aly today. I hope I assured her on that old bond that is probably not very strong by now anyway though it would be great to see this Silas around again! I shouldn't be away so many days!

History:

I'll add another day.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Aly is sure she wants that old bond removed though I still have my doubts. I will study up on the ritual needed, then will try to get help from my guild if that is alright with her. Bidukan seems to just go along with what she desires.

History: My visits from Lor Angur and William turned out less brief. I then started staying with another, we were both lonely at the time so had something in common and even our history from the island showed we liked each other. That gradual like turned into a stronger love.... or I thought. William visited once and saw I had fallen in love with another in the long time he was away. His anger was felt for days yet I never saw him nor Corvus again.

After awhile a bond was formed which turned into an official one at the grove and at the same time my new love expanded his interests from blacksmith to include politics then began working closely with the Don so was gone more and more. I tended to follow attempting small things to help the town, and enjoyed for a short while. Slowly, and I can't point out when, I began to feel different, strange, more "human" and less elven, or maybe just less witch? I asked him if he would rather have someone more competent, that could cook like humans, laugh, even the strange giggle some do and wear frilly dresses. I would be told no yet felt different, unlike myself. I was discouraged from doing some things I had wanted with the admonishment that it would upset his position or the Don may not approve. Even after my first child that I loved to distraction and knew she was a witch when born, I still looked for that part of me that was, but the time raising a family and the politics replaced some of my lost sense of self.

I remember the first time I saw the elf standing on the roof near the entrance to town staring down at anyone passing. At the time I had wished to trade places with him for awhile, he was the one from a few months previously that got in trouble with his friend and both were sent to prison yet his truthful answers to my questions appealed to me. I began to wave when I saw him up there, and he waved back as I wondered what he was thinking.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

I think I'm suppose to say Dear Diary before writing anything? Not sure on this. Not much has happened but small things.. nothing big except Cadomyr may be doing something regarding Letma soon. I sincerely hope so and will see if that blight on the landscape is gone for good!

I feel bad keeping Aly waiting for the bond removal but was really hoping to talk to people from the guild soon. Seems like the times just don't coincide... the old man has been gone more then here yet I finally remember that time he was a woman though still need to find out the circumstances, Orren is busy talking about a tree and the perspective looking down though some is very confusing to me, Caswir is mining and Whisper has been gone so long I have no idea what he is doing and wonder if the height spell of his was lifted and how he'll like it. Hopefully I can talk to some soon.. or may have to try the bond removal myself. I worry the results will be akin to when I tried a spell on my own with Guy a long time ago and he grew hair.

I missed the news of Aswe getting hurt. People have sent me parchments she asks for me but sadly she is laid up in Galmair and I really hope she understands why I can't go. However I sent a halfling with a few healing apples for her including my favorite rat with a red ribbon on it and a parchment telling her to get well and I hope to see her soon!

More history can be done later after I figure how the best way to add this..
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

The writing is fast and has some mistakes apparent as if the authoress is extremely excited..

Der Diaruy!

Aside from the Letma try which is number... uh.. something that Caswir went to guess wht! I am getting my own rmm.. rom, room!!

The writing now becomes more readable and calm as she drinks a glass of wine waving as he climbs the ladder to his room to sleep...

Even as a little girl when our village was attacked by witch hating barbarians, I never imagined while thrown in the wet, damp, dark cave having to make up my own stories that I would have my own room. I have shared rooms of course, but never had one to call my own and can hardly believe my Love is giving me one! One of these days I'll ask why, having been a little hesitant to ask now not wanting my bubble to burst.

He is the most wonderful man, elf I know but not because he gives me everything either. It is because we can compromise... and I love the way we do it! I must have a party once the room is ready, just to show it off? I'll see what Caswir suggests also, perhaps that will be another fun compromise?

Next on my list of things to do is Drathe.. I promised I'd look into that spell and will though I really don't think he looks like he needs rejuvenation! Drathe always looks good and I'm sure Aly will agree!

Perhaps I can worry about Drathe after making this hex for Aly to use on her enemies. Even if she may not want it now, I'd like to have it ready for her to use. Let's see, rash under greaves to last how many days? Hmmm.. perhaps will leave that for last. I hope Aly decides she can use it, then hope I can view the results. Let's see, scratching and itching uncontrollably for how long?

Caswir thinks he and I can do the bond spell Aly wants to remove but I'm very hesitant on that. I'd feel better with Orren and the old man. Will wait and see I guess.

History:

Years passed as I raised the children mainly on my own. I realized I was becoming quite lonely but started teaching the children how to be non-witches in case there was trouble. They were excellent learners and even look most helpless occasionally which made me laugh. My little witchlets would be great as they get older! I then did something I'm to this day ashamed of. I spent some coins to hire halflings, orcs, elves and humans to follow.

The writing is cut off now as if the authoress couldn't continue at the moment.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

I am sitting on this bench outside the Red with simply a small candle deciding I couldn't wait to write in my diary. Almost waking up Caswir as I jerked to sit up from his arms with the nightmare still hovering over me wasn't a good time to go back to bed nor try to sleep. It was just as bad as Eli and I trying to find the source at the Runewick column.. the vision or demon I saw was from the flame at the top of the column. It was of a very old Aly begging me for help. Then when I backed up realizing it was a demon.. it began to crawl toward me. I feel it wanted my mana. If this thing was left to supply mana to the Bearers initially, why now is it begging for more? Is it becoming weaker now and attempts to get our mana.. the mages in Runewick? Or worse yet.. is it already draining our mana but isn't getting enough?

Tomorrow I'll store more of the scripts Aly's friend sends hating to hurt her feelings by telling her they are all known and not needed. Aly was so proud to hand them over. This bond of hers is very complicated, the trial I had to separate it into the three parts didn't work at all. A trinity of emotion, wisdom and force to protect and she also has Silas' blood flowing through her veins. I wonder if the bond is completely gone would that kill Aly? I must talk this over with the other mages.
I'm a little tired to write much more.. I must try to get more sleep and stop this yawning.

Kyre lays on the bench suddenly falling into a deep sleep as the candle burns down to a nub and a cow meanders near possibly wondering what company was around.