Runewick Research Opportunity

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

HolyKnight

Runewick Research Opportunity

Post by HolyKnight »

All ye adventurers, researchers, alchemists, and more!

The chaos of magical disturbances within our fair Illarion reaches far and wide. As Cadomyr celebrates its triumph over the flaming golems of the sky, Runewick faces a rooted threat upon our shores!

Long has overgrowth, unnatural portals, and nipping plants marred our serene harmony. This call to ye helpful souls is in the hope to bring back balance to our fair shores! Since my return to Runewick, I have heard many plans and people wanting to help correct this imbalance. I thank the gods that Runewick civic leader, Deanna, has returned with some deep knowledge of this problem we face.

As with anything that occurs in Runewick, we seek knowledge as to why things happen and to document our successes and failures to find the desired solution. This public journal will be available at the Hemp Necktie to give opportunity to the curious and adept.

To the tasks at hand, what we know and theorize: Dark portals and columns of a realm not our own, plague our rich farmland. In defensive of natural balance, our plant life has taken on an aggressive growth and defensive position.

What we seek to help restore harmony and balance.
  • Six alchemists who are willing to work with one another.
    • Deanna
    • Sammy Goldlieb
    • Lennier
    • Redric Ricric Merrywick
    • Geoffery the Quiet
    • OPEN
  • Strong backs to move cauldrons.
  • Merinium Cauldron, using Tialdin's design:
    • Drugar Stonesmasher
  • Able warriors willing to fight underground in tight spaces.
    • Orion Lysander
    • Sir S'rrt K'shire
    • Drugar
    • Tyan Masines
  • Mage support.
    • Eli Travinus
    • Caswir
    • Kyre
    • Sarangerel
Known materials we seek:
Materials for the merinium cauldron:
  • 60 merinium ingots - Filled by Sammy Goldlieb
  • 6 bags of diamond powder - Filled by Sammy Goldlieb
For heating the forge:
  • 6 heartwoods - Filled by Sammy Goldlieb
  • 6 Pure Elements - Filled by Sammy Goldlieb
For building a broiler (Please provide all materials to Luise Delune of Runewick):
  • 120 hammers- Fulfilled by Sammy Goldlieb
  • 60 hatchets- Fulfilled by Sammy Goldlieb
  • 60 saws- Fulfilled by Sammy Goldlieb
  • 2400 boards of apple wood- Fulfilled by Luise Delune
  • 2000/2400 pins and nails- Being worked by Tyan Masines
    • Tyan- 2000
  • 6000 stones- Fulfilled by Sammy Goldlieb & Fooser
  • 3970/6000 bricks- Being worked by Caerau, Eli Travinus, Luise Delune, and Sammy Goldlieb. (1500- Galmair, 1500- Cadomyr)
    • Caerau - 100
    • Luise - 250
    • Deanna - 36
    • Sammy/Luise - 584
  • 200 buckets for ice or snow- Fulfilled by Luise Delune
In the name of peace and harmony and good research aid us.

Zhambra's Light Guide Us,
Docent of Runewick,
Eli Travinus
Last edited by HolyKnight on Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 19 times in total.
HolyKnight

Re: Runewick Research Opportunity

Post by HolyKnight »

*Postings are cleared up and a new one is posted*

Illarionites,

Cleaned up the original notice.

We nearly have everything we need! Let this new year bring a season of relentlessness against Letma and its demonic influence. If anyone wishes to donate the pure fire we need to light the merinium cauldron please send me a dove or meet me in Runewick.

Press On!
~Eli Travinus
nathi

Post by nathi »

Dear Eli

Thanks for organizing this. I can provide one pure fire at the moment. I will mainly work with Lennier to clarify the missing ingredients for the reaction brew.

~Deanna
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Note to all!

New materials needed for the research have been added! New Year, strong bonds! Let us work together to assist. Send me a dove if you wish to help fill any Open spots. Please provide all materials to Luise Delune in Runewick. Huge thanks to Lennier in the design of the broiler, looks riveting!
Deanna,

It is an honor be assured, the alchemy work will, no doubt, require undivided attention.
Together!
~Eli Travinus
nathi

Post by nathi »

Dear all

Oxiana presented me the Merinium Cauldron made by Drugar. The cauldron is very heavy and need to move to Runewick by a group of strong people.
I would like to ask one for the organisation of a transport. The site of installation have to be clarified with the mages and me before.

I am pleased to announce that both Cadomyr and Galmair support us with 1500 bricks each. Thanks to all involved.

~Deanna
nathi

Post by nathi »

The 1500 bricks provided by Galmair were delivered from Bidukan to Runewick.
I would like to thank Galmair, especially Bidukan for his efforts.

Redric Ricric Merrywick, as an alchemist, has agreed to assist in the final production of the reaction brew.
Nevertheless, more alchemists are being sought for support.

~Deanna
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Aids and Helpers!

Still much to be done! I have updated the master notice. Thank you Ricric and all of our fine laborers!

Kindest,
~Eli Travinus
Tyan Masines

Post by Tyan Masines »

I have delivered 2.000 nails to Sammy, the rest I will make soon.
Unfortunately I hit my hand with my hammer while working and have to pause for a few days.

Signed,
Tyan
nathi

Post by nathi »

Runewick will prefer the project to the removal of the column outside the city.
I ask hereby for active support in the procurement and production of the outstanding materials. For the transport of the very heavy cauldron we like to use a combination of a portal transport, and the installation at place by strong people. For the latter we are looking for volunteers who will be provided with drinks and food after the work is done.

~Deanna
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

I have the remainder of your needed bricks, if somebody in Runewick would wish to collect them.

~Eleanor
nathi

Post by nathi »

Dear Eleanor

Thank you very much for your participation. The materials for the construction for the basement of the cauldron will be collected by Eli himself.
If you are not able to deliver the bricks to him, I can also accept them.

~Deanna
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

To whom it may concern,

Is there still need of pins? I may be willing to provide the last of it, if necessary.

Artimer Fault
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Artimer!

Aye, a count of four-hundred is still required.

Kindly,
Eli Travinus
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

I have material for another 1,000 bricks laying in Cadomyr.
~SG
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

I have moved the pins to Runewick. I will try to complete the delivery in the near future.

Artimer Fault
nathi

Post by nathi »

((english version below))

Planung für die Beseitgung der Säule und Portale vor Runewick
Die Vorbereitungen für den Aufbau des Kessels sind soweit getroffen. Um keine weitere Zeit zu verlieren werden wir die Massnahmen gegen die Säule und Portale in nächster Zeit vornehmen. Zum einen um Letmas Mächten diese Möglichkeit zu nehmen unseren gemeinsamen Streitkräften die gegen Letma antreten in den Rücken zu fallen, aber auch um Runewick vor einem möglichen Übergriff zu schützen, für den Fall das sich die Besatzer Letmas über dieses Portal zurückziehen.

Die Massnahmen werden in drei Stufen erfolgen:

4.Olos 61, 18.Stunde ((09.09.20-22:00)) Selektierung der Stelle für die Unterbrechung der magischen Verbindung zu Letma. Hierbei werden insbesondere unsere Magier benötigt. Wir müssen jedoch bei allen Massnahmen mit Gegenwehr rechnen. Daher ist kampferfahrene Unterstützung erbeten.

7.Olos 61, 18.Stunde ((10.09.20-22:00)) Aufbau des Fundaments und der Kühlverkleidung für den Merinium Kessel. Ausserdem soll der Kessel von Galmair nach Runewick verbracht werden. Der Termin für den Transport des Kessels muss noch von Galmair bestätigt werden.
Der Transport soll wie von Orren vorgeschlagen über ein Portal erfolgen. Ich bitte wiederum die Magier sich zur Verfügung zu halten. Weiterhin ist jede handwerklich geschickte Hand gefragt, und ausserdem wieder der Schutz für alle Fälle.

10.Adras 61, 15.Stunde ((19.09.20-21:00)) Zusammenführung der vorbereiteten Stoffe im Kessel, mit anschliessender Aktivierung des Reaktionsgebräus. Zeitgleich mit dem Füllen des Kessel muss der äussere Kühlbehälter mit Wasser, oder noch besser mit Schnee gefüllt werden. Hier brauchen wir alle Kräfte die zur Verfügung stehen, insbesondere kampferfahrene Personen, weil wir vor, während und nach der Abtrennung der Verbindung zwischen der Säule und Letma mit massiver Gegenwehr rechnen müssen.
Da sich nicht ausreichend Alchemisten gemeldet haben, wurde die Prozedur des Anmischens des Reaktionsgebräu vereinfacht. Das Gebräu kann daher nach Beimischung des Extrakts kritisch werden. Sämtliche Personen die zur Verstärkung versammelt sind. Müssen sich daher bei der Aktivierung im sicherem Abstand aufhalten um den Ort aufhalten.

~Deanna

((Änderung! Zeiten geändert wegen Terminkonflikt))

<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>

Planning for the removal of the columns and portals in front of Runewick

The preparations for the installation of the cauldron are ready. In order not to lose any more time we will take measures against the column and portals in the near future. On the one hand, to prevent for Letma's forces from falling into the back of our common forces that are fighting against Letma, but also to protect Runewick from a possible assault in case the occupying forces retreat through this portal.

The measures will take place in three stages:

4.Olos 61, hour 18 ((09.09.20-22:00)) Selection of the place to break the magic connection to Letma. Our magicians are especially needed for this. However, we must expect resistance in all measures. Therefore, support with combat experience is requested.

7.Olos 61, hour 18 ((10.09.20-22:00)) Construction of the foundation and cooling cladding for the Merinium cauldron. The boiler will also be transported from Galmair to Runewick. The date for the transport of the cauldron has yet to be confirmed by Galmair.
The transport is to be carried out via a portal as proposed by Orren. Again I ask the magicians to be available. Furthermore, every skilled hand is needed, and also protection for all cases.

10.Adras 61, hour 15 ((19.09.20-21:00)) Combination of the prepared substances in the cauldron, with subsequent activation of the reaction brew. Simultaneously with the filling of the cauldron, the outer cooling tank must be filled with water, or even better with snow. Here we need all the forces at our disposal, especially those experienced in combat, because before, during and after the destruction of the connection between the column and Letma, we must expect massive resistance.
Because not enough alchemists have come forward, the procedure of mixing the reaction brew have been simplified. The brew can therefore become critical after the addition of the extract. All the people gathered for reinforcement, must be kept at a safe distance around the place of activation.

~Deanna

((Update! Times changed due to schedule conflict))
Last edited by nathi on Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

Ich schlage vor, etwas ewiges Eis vom See des Lebens zu holen, um die Kühlung zu hgewährleisten.

~SG
nathi

Post by nathi »

Sammy, ich bitte dich die Beschaffung dieses Eises zu organisieren. Für die Bereitstellung von Eimern wende dich Bitte an Eli.

Sammy, I'm asking you to organize the procurement of this ice. For the provision of buckets please contact Eli.

~Deanna

((Termine geändert! siehe oben/ schedule changed! see above))
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

The witch looks at the parchments and pulls out her pen and paper to write a particular date asked for mages mumbling acknowledgement..

4.Olos 61, hour 18, I'll tell the guild.
nathi

Post by nathi »

A drawing is pinned at one of the trees next to the column in front of Runewick

Lenniers Plan of the installation of the Merinium Cauldron:

It is about a special boiler that is able hopefully to cool and to buffer a heavy reaction/explosion, which has to directed into the ground below.

1. In the inner will be a cauldron that is made with meridium. The sides must be thick and durable. Here the ingredenties come together and will react.

2. the sides constits of an strong wooden fromwork that is filled with a complexe of ice/snow and bricks/stone. The ice will be helfull to cool and hopefully slower the reaction. The weight of the mass will buffer a possible explosion.

3. A ventil to feed the cauldron and outlet of steam of heated and smelting snow.

4. The bottom is thin and does not get cooled down. Hopefully the reaction get directed to the ground below.
nathi

Post by nathi »

Der Termin für die Aktivierung des Reaktionsgebräus wurde verschoben. Der Kessel muss erst noch eingehaust werden.

The date for activation of the reaction brew has been postponed. The cauldron still has to be encased.

~Deanna

((Termine siehe Quest und Events / Dates see Quest and Events ))
nathi

Post by nathi »

Dear inhabitants of Illarion

I would like to call on all those who are interested in the Runewick pillar removal issue to help us in the short term. A large lot of applewood boards that we had already collected are now beyond our reach. Sammy and I have already tried, Sammy has made all the necessary tools new, but the amount of 2400 pieces of apple wood we cannot collect in the short term. I would therefore like to ask as many of you as possible to help with the applewood boards or, if necessary, to bring another kind boards to Runewick to help build the outer cauldron.

We need your help on 10. Adras 61 - 12:00 (( 19 September 2020 - 20:00 ))

~Deanna
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Werte Einwohner Illarions

Ich möchte alle die an der Angelegenheit zur Beseitigung der Säule vor Runewick interessiert sind, dazu aufrufen uns kurzfristig zu helfen. An einen großen Posten Apfelholzbretter den wir bereits gesammelt hatten, kommen wir nun nicht mehr heran. Sammy und ich haben es bereits versucht, Sammy hat ausserdem alle benötigten Werkzeuge neu gemacht, aber die Menge von 2400 Stück Apfelholz schaffen wir nicht mehr kurzfristig zu sammeln. Ich bitte daher so viele wie möglich um Mithilfe Apfelholzbretter oder zur Not andere Bretter nach Runewick zum Aufbau des äusseren Kessels mitzubringen.

Wir brauchen eure Hilfe am 10. Adras 61 - 12:00 ((19. September 2020 - 20:00))

~Deanna
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Deanna,

I can offer 18000 Naldorwood boards as a loan. How do you plan to move them to Runewick?

Countess of House Desert Fox

Reyor

Post by Reyor »

I can provide 1000 apple boards in Runewick, might be able to get more.
If someone can help to chop more we can get them done before then.

Reyor Rocksword
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

I can offer 7000 naldorlogs in Runewick...
Sammy
nathi

Thanks to all / Danke an alle

Post by nathi »

An important step has been taken. The merinium cauldron has been constructed and for the purpose of stabilizing the course of the reaction a second shell for cooling has been added.
On behalf of Runewick, I would like to thank all those who have contributed to the implementation of this project. In particular, I would like to thank all those from Galmair and Cadomyr who participated in this project, some of them in a very arranged way, beyond the city limits.
Furthermore, I am pleased about the confidence in our project shown by this help, which is ultimately only one of the steps still to come to protect all inhabitants of Illarion from the threat of enslavement by the forces of darkness.
My thanks will certainly not end with these letters. However, there are still some important preparations and trials to be done now, on which we have to concentrate before we destroy the roots of the column and the portals.
May the gods be with us.

~Deanna

<o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o>

Ein wichtiger Schritt ist getan. Der Merinium Kessel ist aufgebaut und zwecks Stabilisierung des Reaktionsverlaufs mit einer zweiten Hülle zur Kühlung versehen worden.
Ich möchte hiermit im Namen Runewicks allen danken, die zur Umsetzung dieses Projekts beigetragen haben. Insbesondere möchte ich all jenen aus Galmair und Cadomyr danken, die sich über die Stadtgrenzen hinweg zum Teil sehr arrangiert an dieser Aktion beteiligten.
Ausserdem freue ich mich über das durch diese Hilfe gezeigte Vertrauen in unser Vorhaben, das letztlich nur einer der noch folgenden Schritte ist, um alle Einwohner Illarions vor einer drohenden Versklavung durch die Mächte der Dunkelheit zu schützen.
Mein Dank wird mit diesen Schreiben sicherlich nicht abgeschlossen sein. Es stehen jetzt jedoch noch einige wichtige Vorbereitungen und Versuche ab, auf die wir uns konzentrieren müssen, ehe wir die Wurzeln der Säule und der Portale vernichten.
Mögen die Götter uns beistehen.

~Deanna