reducing people's speed while injured

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Sir_Kale

reducing people's speed while injured

Post by Sir_Kale »

I want to propose that if someone is badly hurt that they cant run or at least not be able to run full speed cause if someone is really injured there speed would be effected.
Achae Eanstray

Re: reducing people's speed while injured

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I would agree if they went to Cherga.. in fact thought that was the case. However if only injured it would be very hard to run away from monsters...
Sir_Kale

Post by Sir_Kale »

i understand but it would make it more realistic. Also while people duel PvP they can just keep running away last second and chug a potion and the fight would last FOREVER or basically who more healing potions thats main reason I would like it changed.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I don't believe the game needs to be realistic but best for all.. taking away something from players is not the best way to go. Adding something is a positive. I agree, whoever has the most potions theory, however I think there should be a better way. Possibly even reduce the effects of the potion when PVP? I still would like my char to be able to run from monsters however. :)
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Let us not try to fix a potion issue with changing movement. Those two aspects of the game are not linked. In other words, if potions weren't even in a the game, would the change to movement still make sense?

As a note, it is trivial to scale movement speed with health status. Currently, it is scaled by the load on a character. It is true that one can run away from any dangerous encounter; and I guess this is wanted as an option by many. Just imagine you KNOW you cannot get away anymore, whatever you do, when you drop below say 50 % health and get attacked by roaming monsters. Not cool, right? Also, I think this proposal favours persona players who want to punish other players by killing them.

I have my very own point of view on running and movement in general. Maybe we'll have a drastic change one day. Until then, let's not fight problems by creating more problems, OK?