Weight and quantity of Food

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Achae Eanstray

Weight and quantity of Food

Post by Achae Eanstray »

As of now.. the quantity of food needed to sustain a character is fairly large. Since there are no depots spread across the game most characters have to carry a fair amount of food in order to do much of anything. Either that or constantly use boring time to go back and forth to the depot.

There are two problems with this but possibly one solution.
1. the weight of food prevents most from carrying a lot.. at least it is a disadvantage to those characters not too strong or that carry a lot of other supplies.
2. A character has to eat a lot of food so half the time most go to the depot to get more food.

Solution:
1. Allow more and closer depots to accommodate the increase need for food.
2. Decrease the weight of food
3. Reduce the amount a character has to eat.

Even the bought food is too heavy for a mage character to carry much. Eating 20 apples/cherries etc. at a time is a bit over the top for fruit and bread and cookies can be eaten quickly too. ..Ideal would be to reduce the amount of food needed to be consumed but the weight will also help.

This isn't all about free food. The dishes weigh so much my archer (non mage) can't carry too many and has to alternate free and dish simply because of weight.. or reduce arrows brought.
Evie
Developer

Re: Weight and quantity of Food

Post by Evie »

As soon as the new food script is implemented higher quality foods will have more value making players have to eat less if they buy prepared food. I have debating going ahead with the implementation of this new food script, however until the new crafting recipes are in place there will be some 'bonus' to players where they can make higher level food cheaper that will go away after the changes. While I do not object to this temporary bonus till milestone 2 is finished, we have many players that will then say we took things away. I do not wish to give this temporary bonus and then have it removed and have players believe they are being punished.
Achae Eanstray

Re: Weight and quantity of Food

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Thank you Evie.. wasn't sure this was still being worked on. I'll lock for now :D