The Galmair Inn

All about Galmair and its Guilds. / Alles über Galmair und die Gilden in Galmair.

Moderators: Valerio Guilianni, Gamemasters

Kyre

The Galmair Inn

Post by Kyre »

There is a parchment placed on the door.

Beware of pins, logs, hammers and odd things laying around because the Inn is being updated and we are in the process of getting it ready for renovation. I have hired a family of dwarves to help in this endeavor, however if you wish to donate coin or items needed such as tools, lumber, stone see Oxi or Kyre. The dwarves may have odd sleep times also so please be quiet if you hear no noise.

Thank you from the Quartermaster,
Kyre

Another smaller parchment is added.

Please be cautious of unknown dwarves in the area, they tell me they prefer to be by themselves.
Kyre

Re: The Galmair Inn

Post by Kyre »

A large sign written possibly with coal but definitely hand made is in front of the Galmair Inn:

Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A small parchment is attached to the door of the Inn along with a tray of beers.

Foreman Drui,

I'll expect to hear from you in a fortnight regarding final pricing of material and labors.

Kyre

Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Kyre,
With all due respect, I have some reservations about the dwarves the Chancellors hired to complete the work on the Sleepy Bujhaar Inn.

I found one dwarf stumbling around the front gate, mumbling something about a fourth beer break or some such nonsense before his lunch break. Then I walked into town to find another behind Charwis, trying to dig a tunnel. I sent him back to work at once. However, the third was in such a drunken stupor, all he did was wander around in circles around Fokous, trying to find the tavern. I found another dwarf drinking with Sogg!

I certainly hope their work is worth the disruption to our town’s traders.

~Uhuru~
Mr.Oldie

Post by Mr.Oldie »

A red haired dwarf walks by the board but stops seeing the last parchment. Read for a few moments before stomping out of the gate in a hurry.
The next day Uhuru's parchment was seen almost comlpetely covered with chicken poop and barely readable. The culprit may/may not have been seen by others.
Gillian Heathertoe

Post by Gillian Heathertoe »

Attention Chancellor Kyre,

There will be a delay getting that parchment for you with final prices, some of my workers have gone missing and their families speak of rumors of foul play.

Foreman Drui
Mr.Oldie

Post by Mr.Oldie »

Seeing the parchment signed as from foreman, a few whispers began to rise about Uhuru taking matters into her own hands.
'She always had a temper that one and the smearing didnt help' was the gossip a few mouths spread.
It seems the truth about this will only come out with an official announcement.
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Uhuru watches as one dwarf keeps returning to the mountain behind Charwis to dig. She keeps trying to kick him out of there, but he returns to dig anyway. She tells Dagnoar that someone should be watching these dwarves, however, she doesn't tell him her biggest fear, which is that if they are to break through to Schnellbeil, we'll all be in trouble. She leaves reluctantly with Dagnoar to hunt, leaving the dwarves to work alone.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

An official notice is placed on the main board at Galmair.

Galmairians,

As you may have surmised, there will be some renovations going on in our Inn. I am hoping the end product will benefit the town and add to the golden looks of our fair town including bringing more coin to the Don. In the mean time, the city will be paying for repairs and materials. If anyone wishes to help reduce this cost feel free to donate materials to Oxi or me.

Welcome these industrious dwarves who will help us with the building and show them all they need in Galmair.
During this upcoming Mas, I would appreciate the guards assisting in protecting our visiting workers also.

Chancellor Kyre

(( would greatly appreciate a german translation to add to this notice! ))
Slightly
Gamemaster

Post by Slightly »

The stout dwarf with bushy red beard stood on a rock waving a roll of beer-stained parchments as he conducted the gaggle of dwarves muttering and complaining as they pushed a huge cart along Galmair's rough cobbles. Pulling to a halt outside the Sleepy Bujhaar Inn a few of the younger fellows took up an old crafter's verse as they hauled planks of wood haphazardly from the cart in a frenzy of work. A smartly formed line of dwarves soon had the planks passed along into the inn and no sooner was the wood out of sight a raucous hammering commenced.

Summoned by the Foreman, the industrious workers returned to the cart. Stout sticks served to lever the precious cargo from the cart and the load was carefully manoeuvred onto the broadest and sturdiest of shoulders, although even they strained under the immense weight. With determined grunts they made their way into the inn, the door frame quickly knocked out with a few powerful hammer blows when the entrance was found to be a little too narrow. A jubilant cheer went up as the prize was finally set in place, Foreman Drui patting the barrel proudly.

"This could almost feel like home lads."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Der stämmige Zwerg mit dem buschigen roten Bart schwenkte einen Stapel zusammengerollter mit Bierflecken versehener Pergamenter, während er dem Haufen Zwerge Anweisungen gab, der murmelnd und sich beschwerend den riesigen Karren über Galmairs grobes Kopfsteinplfaster schob. Nachdem sie vor dem Gasthaus Schlafender Bujhar zum Halt gekommen waren, stimmten einige junge Zwerge ein altes Handwerkerlied an und hoben die Planken nach und nach in einem Anfall eines ekstatischen Arbeitswahns von dem Karren. Eine gerissene gebildete Line von Zwerge formierte sich und began die Bretter von Hand zu Hand zu reichen. Und kaum waren die Planken außer Sicht, begann ein lautes Hämmern aus dem Innere des Gasthaues zu erklingen.

Die betriebsamen Arbeiter wurden vom Vorabeiter zu dem Karren zurückgerufen. Dicke Hölzer wurden genutzt um die kostbare Frach vom Karren anzuheben und sie wurde sorgsam manövrierend auf die breitesten und stärksten Schultern geladen, doch selbte diese wurden von dem immensen Gewicht stark strapaziert. Mit einem entschlossenen Raunzen bahnten sie ihren Weg in das Gast und als sich der Türrahmen als zu schmal erwies, wurde er kurzer Hand mit kräftigen Hammerschlägen herausgelöst. Ein großer Jubel brauch aus, als der Preis endlich seinen Platz eingenommen hatte und Vorarbeiter Drui tätschelte das Fass stolz.

"Das fühlt sich doch fast wie Zuhasue an, Jungs."
Slightly
Gamemaster

Post by Slightly »

A notice is nailed to the wall of the Sleepy Bujhaar Inn next to the now enlarged doorway.
Chancellor Kyre,

My lads won't be lifting a hammer to fix this place until their safety is guaranteed and compensation is paid.
We lost some even before Mas was upon us and I'm told it was by the hand of a long ear no less, evil purple haired hag they described her as.

We will shelter in the inn awaiting your resolution.

Foreman Drui
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Frowning, the witch tears the message off the wall of the Inn while shelving her plans to discuss the beer barrel for awhile. Marching straight to the guard house, Kyre hands the parchment to the first guard she sees.

Madam,

Give this to the Captain and tell him to communicate the information he finds to Chancellor Saran over our security please.

Satisfied with the serious look on the woman's face, she walks back to the Inn to leave another parchment on the table near a mug of beer.

Foreman Drui,

The guards will definitely look into this development and any information I receive you'll know. In the mean time I'll fill that barrel of beer for your workers.

Kyre
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

A broad build and muscular orc appears at the Inn this morning. With an angry glance he sits down in middle of all the hard working artisans. Although he doesn't seem to wear a plate on his chest, his belt brims over with weapons. From now on it seems, he guards the dwarves during their work...
Trufalia

Post by Trufalia »

A short young woman with bright red hair and face partially hidden under a rather large hat leans down in front of House Malachite after knocking for quite some time on the door to the consternation of Gavin. A parchment is slid under the door and written in large letters is a message.

Some bossy dwarf with a red bushy beard talking about his poor lads told me that I would be rewarded by the city of Galmair for delivering this message. I will be available at the farm and prefer gold over silver.
Tru

The rest of the parchment is in a different handwriting completely.

Chancellor Kyre,
Are you attempting to run the rest of my lads away? There is a smelly green orc sitting in the middle of our Inn..near the beer tank and I suspect drinking his fill. If this is Galmair's idea of security, I'll just bring my own. That will be an extra charge for final work.

Foreman Drui
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

You dwarves are being nothing but a hindrance, blocking our gate and walking on my alchemy tables. You work for the Don not some idiot. Get it right. You accept the work and get it done or you leave. We've given more than adequate protection and free beverages. Enough complaining and do what you were hired to do.

Bob
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

When the bodyguards hired by Foreman Drui enter the Inn, soon they engage in a brawl with the guarding Orc there. Harsh Words and fists echo trough the construction area... Later the dwarven bodyguards can be seen leaving, with bumps in their egos as well as in their helmets.
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Marcus was seen in town today, drinking the blood of one of the worker elves before he disappeared into thin air, leaving nothing but flames and the body behind.

The Chancellor, Arcia, was notified of the presence of this menace in town, but gave no advice as to what to do with him. Marcus was shackled and tied with rope in the Sport Hole prior to his escape.

signed,
A purple-haired elfess
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

There is a parchment on an empty chair in the middle of the Inn room held down by an apple.

Juumajin,

With the spider beaten back to her cave, our agreement is over and I have left this apple for the final payment.

The Witch

Another parchment is placed near the bar propped up by two empty beer mugs.

Foreman Drui,

I am keeping track of the barrels of beer your dwarves are consuming and they will be taken from the final bill.

There is a barricade in front of the door to warn the citizens of your guards upstairs. How close are you to completing the work and I expect a rough bill soon.

Chancellor Kyre

Kyre fleetingly glances at something signed a purple-haired elfess then shakes her head leaving the Inn muttering...

I hope the Foreman gets his messages at some point..looks like he leaves them just sitting around.
Slightly
Gamemaster

Post by Slightly »

Already grumbling about the Chancellor's impatience, Foreman Drui hurls an almost full beer mug at the unfortunate messenger who relayed the news of more dwarves having gone missing. His temper matched his fiery red beard and finding the beer supplied by the Chancellor was not to his taste certainly did nothing to appease his mood. Cursing the orc, the elfess and any other Galmairian he'd been unfortunate enough to come across, he scribbled an extensive list of supplies and handed it to one of the older dwarves. With instructions barked in a thick mountain dialect, two groups of industrious workers were hurriedly formed and marched off on their errands.

"Right lads, we'll show these Galmairians what real dwarves are made of."

The first group began to return by the afternoon, some carrying heavy crates whilst others dragged stuffed sacks over the cobbles. Filing quickly into the inn they joined other dwarves who seemed to be jovially singing as they worked away inside the inn. It was late afternoon by the time the second party returned, swollen in numbers and hauling along carts laden with not one, but two enormous barrels. The Foreman greeted them heartily, ushering them inside where the sound of good cheer and drinking could be heard until sometime after dusk.

Under cover of darkness sturdy shadows emerge from the inn, straining as they hauled the carts into position whilst others grunting with exertion manoeuvred heavy objects through the entrance. Apparently satisfied with their work one nailed a notice to one of the carts before being pulled quickly back into the Sleepy Bujhaar Inn by his fellows.

Property of the Clan of Barrelbreakers

We don't plan on moving!

Foreman Drui
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Da er bereits in einer grummeligen Stimmung über die Ungeduld der Kanzlerin war, als er erfuhr, dass noch mehr Zwerge verschwunden sind, schleuderte er seinen noch fast vollen Bierkrug auf den unglücklichen Boten dieser Nachricht. Seine Temperament entsprach seinem feurigroten Bart und der Umstand, dass das von der Kanzlerin gelieferte Bier seinem Geschmack nicht entsprach, trug sicherlich nichts dazu bei ihn zu beschwichtigen. Er verfluchte den Ork, die Elfe und alle anderen Galmariner, die das Unglück hatten, ihm über den Weg zu laufen, als er sich daran machte, eine umfangreiche Liste an benötigten Gütern niederzukritzeln und diese einem der älteren Zwerge zu geben. Die Anweisungen wurde in einem dicken Bergdialekt geschrien und die fleißigen Zwerge bildeten zwei Gruppen, um davin zu eilen und die Besorgungen zu erledigen.

"So, Jungs, wir zeigen mal diesen Galmarianern aus was richtige Zwerge gemacht sind."

Die erste Gruppe kam gegen Nachmittag zurück. Einige trugen schwere Kisten, wärend andere prall gefüllte Säcke über das Kopfsteinpflaster zogen. Schnell begaben sie sich in das Gasthaus und gesellten sich zu den anderen Zweregn, die heiter sangen, während sie ihrer Arbeit im Haus nachgingen. Es war spätnachmittags, als die zweite Gruppe zurückkam. Es waren mehr geworden und sie zogen Karren hinter sich her, die nicht mit einem sondern zwei enormgroßen Fässern beladen waren. Der Vorarbeiter grüßte sie herzlich und führte sie in hinein, wo dann die Klänge von feierlichem Gegröle und Gelage bis einige Zeit nach der Abenddämmerung zu hören waren.

Im Schatten der Dunkelheit traten stämmige Schatten aus dem Gasthaus und strengten sich an, Karren und unter dem Gegrunze starker Anstrengung schwere Objekte durch den Eingang zu begkommen. Scheinbar zufrieden mit ihrere Arbeit, nagelte einer eine Notiz an einen der Karren, bevor seine Kameraden ihn schnell wieder in das Gasthaus Schlafender Buhjahr zogen.

Eigentum vom Klan der Barrelbreakers

Wir haben nicht vor wegzugehen!

Vorarbeiter Drui
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A parchment is quickly pinned to the cart in front of the Inn without incident by a dwarf with plenty of change in his pocket.

Foreman Drui,

You have Until Zhas 3rd 45 to agree to negotiate for the return of the Inn.. or show your willingness to complete the job and move out. After that time we will be coming in to discuss it personally. You could be looking to spend time in prison along with your workers until a trial can be arranged.

In the name of the Don
Chancellor Kyre, and Chancellor Arcia
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

*Something is posted in a very sloppy and ill written hand*

Me did wake up at da Inn to da thunder and da lightnin'! Me cannot believe me own eyes! Me kin did attack me! Cherga did save me and me found meself at da cross. How can dis be?!

Me demands a explainin'!

Tula
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Me and me kin have come ta terms....

Tula
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A parchment is posted on the door to the Inn.

There will be one gold given to whomever comes up with a name for one of the three rooms being built at the Inn. That is a total of three gold given. The top name gets a special apple.

Send results to Kyre or Oxi

There is a small parchment added:

All results are counted and there is a judging panel to pick the finalist. One point is added if the name is in old and new language.

Names sent already are written hastily at the bottom...
Gold, Silver and Copper
Pervestigatio , Commotio, Desicio, Transformo, Transferto
Apple, Orange, Cherry
Chaos, Thief, Merchant, Raven
Deals, Profit, Luck...Geschäfte, Gewinn, Glück
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A large parchment is added at the bottom of the rest..

The judging panel has decided on names of the rooms.

Golden Deal/Goldener Abschluss,
Silver Profit/Silberner Verdienst
and
Lucky Copper/Glückskupfer

The two winners will split the reward of 1 gold and 50 silver apiece.

Kyre

Contact me for your payment.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

After all this time there is a strange feeling coming from the Inn if anyone bothers to look and listen... everything is suddenly quiet, no hammering, no dwarves calling insults, no doors slamming, nothing. A parchment is placed on the Inn door which is still locked and another on the door leading to the tavern.

Foreman Drui,

I realize after payment of the Inn job you wish to party but I have had complaints from Hagar that your workers have been partying for hours and he is running out of beer. When do you plan to go back to the mountain with your clan?

Kyre
Merky

Post by Merky »

Deleted
Last edited by Merky on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyre

Re: The Sleepy Bujhaar-Open House

Post by Kyre »

A large parchment is placed on the locked Inn door.

Open House

There will be a grand opening and viewing of the Sleepy Bujhaar. It is an Open House event from 12. Ronas 45 15:00:00 to 12. Ronas 45 21:00:00 and anytime you wish to arrive and leave during those hours.

Feel free to offer songs, dance in the foyer or just sit and talk with neighbors and friends. Let the Quartermaster know if you are interested in renting a room and if more then one wishes the same room then a private auction will be arranged.

Kyre

(( A translation into German to help those that have difficulty reading English is always welcome ))
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

The witch stands before the Inn, the yard in pristine shape as she holds a gold key ready to unlock the doors soon yet slowly a frown forms on her face.

I always put runes on things I make.. where did these signs come from?

(( a little less then an hour ))
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

The Inn rooms will remain open for two dwarfen weeks for those that missed the Opening. Parchments can be sent to me, Oxi or the scribe for any changes in the impending auctions.

Kyre

The list of names seem to be in an entirely different handwriting... one may surmise someone else is keeping meticulous records
Silver-Jacob

Saggi Halftoe, scribe
Last edited by Kyre on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

The list for the auction has been updated, be sure it is correct with your name.

Saggi Halftoe, scribe

Large lettering in the witch's red cursive handwriting is added to the parchment...

In order to comply with different requests regarding the rooms and auction, and to be fair to all, the rooms with just two people bidding on one room for rent will have a private auction. More the two people will have a public auction.

Kyre