The Evergreen Halflings

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Crosis

The Evergreen Halflings

Post by Crosis »

The Hobbiteer site is finished so go check it out and tell me what ya think. :mrgreen: http://www.geocities.com/hobbiteers/

PS:The guild is now accepting members.

Thank you.
Last edited by Crosis on Fri May 09, 2003 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bumbol Woodstock

Post by Bumbol Woodstock »

Not a bad site considering you didn't spend much time on it.
Crosis

Post by Crosis »

Yeah, it needs more pictures of hobbits. Does anyone know where I can find a program to take screenshots?
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

Press the print screen button while in-game. Then paste the picture into a program such as mspaint.
Drogla

Post by Drogla »

i like the site very much. tell me, how did you do the menu? i would like to put it on the Bargen Master web page
Crosis

Post by Crosis »

Thanks for the help Korwin.

Drogla i sent the link to ya in a pm.
Fieps

Post by Fieps »

http://www.dabo.kampfzwerch.de/screenshot.zip

When you still need a program.
Sevious Helios

Post by Sevious Helios »

Fieps, Might I suggest you and Zasmia join the Hobbiteers? This sounds interesting. It may be a good thing for you to try out.
Crosis

Post by Crosis »

Thanks Fieps, you are a hobbit if I can remember right, well if you are then I invite you to join our guild :mrgreen: . Please consider it, I think we need someone like you to help guide us.
Crosis

Post by Crosis »

Zasmia is welcome too, all hobbits are :D .
Bumbol Woodstock

Yes, all hobbits join The Hobbiteers!
Humli

Post by Humli »

Hello,
Iam Not a Hobbit But I think Your Website Looks Very Well Corsis :) ... and I was wondering if you could show me the website that you got you very nice pic from for your avatar :lol: ... Along with you woodstock very nice...Also do they have Dawrf Pics???

Thanks Much Always,

Humli
Mishrack

Post by Mishrack »

Thank you.
Last edited by Mishrack on Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunder Smallhand

Post by Hunder Smallhand »

I will join the hobbiterrs :lol:
Not bad website :lol:
Crosis

Post by Crosis »

I redid the site, sence I didnt like the old one to much.

@Humli:Heres the link for some avatars it has all races in illarion http://www.kirith.com/portrait/?categor ... ing&page=1

@Hunder Smallhand: Welcome to the Hobbiteers :)
Sevious Helios

Post by Sevious Helios »

@Crosis
To make this guild suceed it would be best to do some of these things. Host some public events under your guild name. Some things you could host could be games such as King of the roof or some of the other famous games amoungst the people of trolls bane. A second thing you would do is help others even if they are hobbits or not with anything you are capable of. This will spread a good ego for the guild. As your popularity grows the better you will be. So the main thing to do anything first is to increase the hobbiteers popularity. This is some advice I have come up with and there are probably lots more things you can do to get the guild well known but these are all I could come up with right now. ((I am a bit tired :P )) I hope they help you a bit. And I expect great things from the hobbiteers. Good luck!
Crosis

Post by Crosis »

Thank you for the advice Helios, I was thinking it would be fun for the guild to host a hide and seek game, we hobbits are good hiders.
Bumbol Woodstock

or maybe crosis we could hold a race, the winner gets a sum of money and a bluestone ring or soemthing cause i got plenty of Bluestones...
Bumbol Woodstock

Maybe we should change the name. Because i've talked to a number of Hobbits, and they think that The name "hobbiteers" make us sound weak and childlike. A hobbit named Ezorock (might o miss spelled) and I thought United Hobbits of Trolls bane was a better name. But Crosis your the boss, just a suggestion.
Sevious Helios

Post by Sevious Helios »

So the current members of the hobbiteers are:
Crosis
Bumbol Woodstock
Hunder Smallhand
Ezorock

I suggest you keep trying to get more members. 4 is still quite a small amount. And one other thing. Most of the members wont come to you. You will have to recruit them :)
Bumbol Woodstock

Aye, it is hard to recruit members, most people like fieps say we are still to new. So we just gotta hang around for a bit get known. Then we can get members easier. Least thats what i assume.
Crosis

Post by Crosis »

@Helios: Ezorock is not a member as far as I know.

@Everyone: Who thinks we should change the name? I think Hobbiteers is cool, people will learn to like it.
Sevious Helios

Post by Sevious Helios »

Crosis, Make sure you update your member section of the site. You must and should keep your site updated. Do it at least every 3 days. And make announcments on your news section or come up with a seperate link with something for "Events" that you and the guild are planning and write out a mission statement for the hobbiteers. Most guilds have this and would show what the hobbiteers are working for and why the guild exists. This will help greatly
Bumbol Woodstock

He wants to join, least when ive talked to him.
Crosis

Post by Crosis »

Everyone I will update the site tonight, with the events link and I will add all new characters.
Sevious Helios

Post by Sevious Helios »

Oh and under your donation link it says fell instead of feel. Just thought I'd tell you.
Sevious Helios

Post by Sevious Helios »

Oh and to also get more popular. It would be best to get associated with guilds. Like a partner ship. ((Make a link to others after emailing the guild leader or school like Dyluck of the magic academy requesting that he makes a link for the hobbiteers and in return you do a link to his website
And you could also make short bios for your members like making something on Crosis from where he is from and how he got to trollsbane and some of his personal goals on your website. So under members when I go to it and I see the names I could click on "crosis" and it pulls up his bio))
Crosis

Post by Crosis »

Games we could have at the event:

1:A race, I was thinking from the cross in town to the cross by that castle where the orges hang around. The winner will get prizes including: Ingots, a gold crown, and a ring or two. The amount of ingots are still to be decided.

2:A guild race, guilds can enter 2-3 members, wining guild would win money for there guild.

3:Capture the flag, we would set up two teams, each team hides there flag (we could use a pair of trousers) and tries to capture the others. Once a team has the others they return back to their base to win they need both flags. There would be two flag moderators to pick up the flag every once in a while to stop it from decenagrading. They also prevent cheating. I dont know what we could do for prizes.

SO do these seem like good ideas?
Sevious Helios

Post by Sevious Helios »

Pretty good events Crosis. I like them. A few more would help you though. Those you have already are very creative
Hunder Smallhand

Post by Hunder Smallhand »

give me a h: H
give me an o: O
give me a b: B
give me a b: B
give me an i: I
give me a t: T
give me an e: E
give me an e: E
give me a r: R
give me a s: S