Ambidexterity vs Dominant Hand

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

H.Banestone

Ambidexterity vs Dominant Hand

Post by H.Banestone »

Is every character currently ambidexterous in the game?
It would be cool if you could detect which hand slot is being most often used for crafts and combat, and give that hand extra success/damage/hit rate, thus making it the dominant hand. If both hands are used equally, the scaling would be even.
Discuss
Llama

Re: Ambidexterity vs Dominant Hand

Post by Llama »

Heh. I remember when I started playing we were trying to work out which is the best hand... was then told that they were all equal.

I dunno, I think this'll just complicate matters for newbies - and only stay interesting for a few minutes till you discover which hand is dominant. You are free to roleplay being a leftie if you want or something.
Kristine

Post by Kristine »

Yeah, you can even RP the one-handed character... Just never use the second slot.
Or play blind character... Just set your perception to 0 when creating a char...

Hmm... might be interesting to create one handed blind character... and if you make it female and set the intelligence to 0 as well, you can say she's perfect blond. Just call her Pari'shah Hilldrid or something and there you are.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Back to the actual topic.

While the idea is okay at the first gaze, on the second it yields additional development/balancing afford along with an additional complicated thing the newbies have to grasp and the advantage of implementing such a thing is not existing at all. With the current setting you can easily roleplay that your char has a dominant hand, nothing else would be archived using your proposal.

Nitram