About the Ham Delivery

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

MewmewGirl

About the Ham Delivery

Post by MewmewGirl »

Hello.

This posting may contain things about the Ham Delivery quest that will spoil things for you, so please do not continue reading if you have not done this quest.

*Spoilers warning*

What I wanted to know is this - do you guys think that Siloli is lying about why he took the ham? I personally thought he was a liar and so I had him return all the ham to me, but now he calls me the murderer of his children. If he actually did have starving children, I would not want to take all the ham back from him. I poked all around and can't find any children of his, he seems to be a squatter, liar, and thief. But I'm interested in what others have thought and found, if they feel that he really does have children somewhere that he's taking the ham for. I tried to give him back some ham after he started to call me a murderer of children, but I could not find a way to. I could of course role play that I give him back some ham, and actually leave some there for him, but I'm still wondering if he's just a liar.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Maybe its vague like this so you can form your own opinion on this matter ;)

Its a roleplaying game, and as usual there are multiple views for each situation.

Now I'm pretty sure that there are no NPC-children of his, but still - its pretty much a moral decision.

So don't over think about it, especially in OOC. If you think he's a liar and a thief, feel free to do so. If you think he's just a poor person who's come across hard times, feel free to do so.

This is the beauty of roleplay :)
Flux

Post by Flux »

I was under the impression that you do, in fact, starve him. If you choose to give him the ham, your reward is that he is still alive and you know you were a good person. (Maybe they should add an option to go get your own ham to give to the guy in the shop), or if you don't care about your morals you can give the ham back to the pompous rich guy who won't miss a few coppers and claim the reward.

Strangely, the reward is worth lots more than the cost of the ham anyway, so he makes a huge loss. Really, he's not gained anything, so all you've done is been paid to starve a poor man and his family.
MewmewGirl

Post by MewmewGirl »

I'm fine at role playing whichever answer we feel like of course, but was just looking to see if there was proof one way or another around :D

Personally, I felt to myself that he was a liar and a sneaky thief, he was mumbling about how great ham was and such, I think he's just a ham thief. The other thing was I agreed to get the delivery, I can't help it if they were really starving, I'd give him some of my own food out of my own storage, but that meat wasn't mine to let someone else have, I had given my word and needed to bring it back.

It's just I felt guilty with him calling me the murderer of his children after.

I do not know how I will approach this again. My character who first did this quest had an unfortunate accident with bees that she turned up allergic to when trying to collect honeycomb and died! A new one of mine hates meat and animals used as food to begin with, so I am unsure how she will handle it yet (when you're new and poor, it's nice to get the little boost in change the quest gives, but for her I don't think the money will make her change her mind and deal in the meat trade). Tho another future character of mine who is very different is going to do this again and, well I'll just see how it goes when she gets there :D Maybe this one this time will split it with him.

Anyway thanks for the input, it's nice to see others speculate, even if it's not specific to one way or another.