Walking "bug" is a feature

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

AlexRose

Walking "bug" is a feature

Post by AlexRose »

Yes, we all know that cliche but I honestly believe that that walking "bug" is one of the best things in the client. Before it was put into the game client I always loaded the test client just for the ability to walk without having to hold down the button. And, for all you people who don't like it:

A. Press in the same direction and it cancels it out. No need to relog.
B. Get off msn and start rping :P .

It's immensely useful to be able to alt tab and back again so you can talk while you walk with people (and you used to be able to cast spells like MES PEN when running as well, which was uber handy). Please leave it in :/
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

YES!!!
Walking long distance is a pain in the a** without it!
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

IF you want to delete it, give us an option like "Walk into this direction" with right mouseclick on our chars!
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

How do you activate it?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Alexander Knight wrote:How do you activate it?
Have two windows open (an illarion client and somethign else, such as an IM window)

Press the direction you want to go in. Keep it pressed. ALT+TAB to open the other window.

Release the direction button. Character will continue walking in that direction - even if you alt+tab back.

To stop it, press the same direction button again and release.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Before the current map feature, you were able to double click on the minimap and the client would "smart" walk you to your destination. It was way more useful then the current walk glitch and was only removed because that feature wasnt supported by the new map feature. The dev team definately has no problem allowing players to be able to engage in "auto-walking". I don't think a petition is necessary =)

Though... if the glitch is somehow fixed then I hope a shiny new auto-walk feature is introduced!
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Salathe wrote:Before the current map feature, you were able to double click on the minimap and the client would "smart" walk you to your destination. It was way more useful then the current walk glitch and was only removed because that feature wasnt supported by the new map feature. The dev team definately has no problem allowing players to be able to engage in "auto-walking". I don't think a petition is necessary =)

Though... if the glitch is somehow fixed then I hope a shiny new auto-walk feature is introduced!
right-click : go to
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

The mini map is the map in the corner, not the scree that shows your character. Were talking about much longer distance walking than what you can see in your screen.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Salathe wrote:I don't think a petition is necessary =)

Seer Salathe knows the future. Hail the oracle :lol:!

Or in other words: No petition will save any bug from extinction. Instead, the allmighty Nitram does something more reasonable...