Question about magics?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

AdamsJr

Question about magics?

Post by AdamsJr »

I was reading the disertation on magic located in the wikki forums and noticed the commentary on runic magics and also on mana and or lee line magics so my quesiton is does illarion incorporate boht types of magics or is it just runic magics in effect or is it based on character classes IE battlemage vs druidic..
Slazf Kruvkva

Post by Slazf Kruvkva »

right now the only actual existing magic is runic. Other magic is in development though.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Magic is not based on the classes you mentioned.

The user interface for magic are rune symbols, combined in the right pattern they will trigger a pre-scripted effect, raging from damaging to healing, even a little summoning.

From a pure technical point of view there are only 3 (actually 2) different "classes" in Illarion:
Mages, Druids and neither.

Getting either, a mage rune or a druid rune, will determinate what "class" your character becomes.
(By default your character is actually a runeless mage.)

To sum it up:
How your character explains or discribes the effects of the magic scripts is completly up to you.
Stick to the things other players invented or think of something yourself.
Saril

Post by Saril »

Incorrect.

Pure technical have a mage runes. With a the runes came the effekt.

But we are a RP-Game. In Illarion give it two mage magic systems. Runic magics is the law magic and ritual magic the high magic. For ritual magic be need a master and a GM. The GM give the ritrual a effect.

http://illarion.org/community/wiki/index.php/Magic

http://illarion.org/community/wiki/inde ... gic_Theory its not complet. The most was in german and about it no online.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Sorry, I don't understand you.

Since you are telling me that my explanations are incorrect, would you please repeat what you were trying to say?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Don't confuse the newbie, please.