mule command

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Joxia Doral

mule command

Post by Joxia Doral »

would be very hard to add another command to the pack mules? Something like "Go away" or "go forward" so that they can be moved when they trap you in a corner?
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Good Idea!!!

I usually have to ask a GM to move me! A command to tell the Mule to back up one space would be helpful. Sometimes you can see 'in the shadows' that there is only one tile! (example-behind the Varshikar 'Tavern'! - someone put a Hedge one space away there!!)
Valric
Location: In your home, wondering why you left your stove on..

Post by Valric »

I think it would be great if there were certain ways to move livestock and mules up and down floors, like a ramp instead of a ladder.. something people could pay a builder to construct. Because cows and mules can go up and down ramps easy enough, and it would be extremely practical, a dwarf could come up with an idea for something like this in a heartbeat. It doesn't seem like these ramps would be too out of place in Illarion.

What do you think? a ramp made out of stone (a lot of stone and materials, because it would have to be a large structure able to support a lot of weight) could be a practical and relatively simple addition right?
WickedEwok

Post by WickedEwok »

the go away command is a good one, for i too have been trapped and after some stupid attempts to free myself i finally lost the mule.

@valric: i think they don't go down on purpose, for they originally are only thought to transfer goods from one settlement to another. the use for crafting etc is a tolerated abuse. you're not directly supposed to take them with you in, for a example, a mine.
pharse

Re: mule command

Post by pharse »

Joxia Doral wrote:would be very hard to add another command to the pack mules? Something like "Go away" or "go forward" so that they can be moved when they trap you in a corner?
Should be possible. I'll see what I can do.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

How about "Move!" and the mule goes a tile into a random direction? I have a snippet of code somewhere from the quarry that was once ment to become bard magic (:-() but maybe I find it. Even though I assume you code this in the same time I search for it ;-).
pharse

Post by pharse »

Werner von Mintraching

Post by Werner von Mintraching »

Danke lieber Parse ! !

Gruß Werner
Joxia Doral

mule command

Post by Joxia Doral »

Thaks! that was fast!
Valric
Location: In your home, wondering why you left your stove on..

Post by Valric »

Yes, thats a good idea, and sorry about the already disccussed proposal I brought up.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Valric wrote:Yes, thats a good idea, and sorry about the already disccussed proposal I brought up.
Stop spamming in every thread.