Extreme lag?

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Alae

Extreme lag?

Post by Alae »

Why all of the sudden am i getting extreme lag issues? i was playing this game about 4-5 hours ago, then decided to get on a few minutes ago, and got the error

Display Mode somethin something 32
So i searched, found that i had to switch to 32 bit.. which is weird becuase i was on 32 bit when i played earlier. i had left my comp on and left the house, then came back and apperently it switched to 16bit? okay whatever, start up the game.. BOOM extreme lag, it takes 10 seconds for the Welcome to illa! by nop message to fade in. and its just Unbearable lag. VERY VERY unplayable.

Help?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

well since the client doesn't show the command to change the color depth I guess you changed your monitor resolution itself. Since this means something messed up your system settings I would propose to perform a restart of the system. That maybe fixes the problem.

Nitram
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

i am having the same lag problems, i didnt try anything with the colors and such, but when i get on, i can barely talk, much less walk or do anything else... currently reinstalling the client to see if that works...
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

reinstallation didnt fix anything, the lag is still as bad as ever, i restarted the system, and still.... lag... any other suggestions?

Edit: hello... anyone have any ideas, waited afew days already... and, i have very bad patience problems... bored out of my mind...
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

uhm... hello... anyone out there able to help? its annoying seeing events going on on the forums, but then not being able to go through them ig...
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

What are your display settings in windows?
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

screen resolution is 1024 by 768 pixels
and the color quality is 32 bit
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Does the client respond well to your input (e.g. mouse movements, key strokes), but the game world reacts delayed? Perhaps you run a program in the background that uses most of your bandwidth (e.g. file sharing stuff like BitTorrent)?
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

essentially what happens is that none of my input works on it, for example, when i first get one, ill see someone i know, but i just tell them that im still having the lag problems in ooc, and ill type it all within a matter of seconds, but when it actually shows up on the screen after about two minutes, when i try to walk, my char can only move about 1 space, and then it kicks me off for extreme lag. When i move the mouse, it runs so choppily that i ussually dont even bother moving it after awhile.
im not sure about any backround program running, everything else i do runs the same as always, it just seems to be the game that is running slower than ussual. And from time 1 when i got on, when it ran fine, and time two, when i got back on, and it lagged badly, was only a matter of hours, and i was the only one on the computer that day. Hope the info helps, ive been bored out of my mind recently....
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

hmm... im not sure if this helps, but my brother's account gets the same lag as mine...
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Has your internet connection been slower lately?
Hushed

Post by Hushed »

Do you run Vista? I remember I had to do some things to enable openGL. . . See if there are any new drivers from your graphics card maker if so.
Valione

Post by Valione »

Try the following:

.Turn off any file sharing programs when playing illa (e.g. limewire, whatever..)

.Delete temprary internet files, history and cookies regularly.

.If you have a file log for firewall blocks, or spyware blocks, delete the logs and try to free up as much space as you can regularly.

Just off the top of my head, some things that may help you, or anyone else with this problem... Hope it helps!

..If not then, I dont know!
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

1. please list your system info (cpu, ram, gfx adapter, gfx adapter driver version, os, ...)
2. did the game ever run smoothly for you?
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Vern Kron- no

Hushed- No

Valione- tried all of those before i posted

Vilarion- CPU- Intel Celeron CPU 2.40GHz
OS- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
DX Version- Direct X 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Ram- 2046 MB
((this is all i could find))
-and the game always used to run smoothly
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

You can find informations about your graphic adapter by (for Windows):

-Click on "Start"
-Chose "Run"
-Enter "dxdiag" -> enter
-Look at the tab "Display" (or similar)
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Device:

Name: Intel(r) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip Type: Intel(r) 82845G Graphics Controller
DAC Type: Internal
Approx. Total Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

(this is everything i found under the device section, if this isnt what you needed to help me, there are two sections still,(drivers & DX Features))
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

alright you need the "newest" driver (from 2005)

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa ... s&lang=eng

Install this and try it again. Maybe this helps
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

I installed it, and the game runs perfectly now, thanks Nitram, and everyone else for their suggestions!
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

It was clear that this was the problem, that is why I asked for the driver version :)