dye buckets

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Tanistian_Kanea

dye buckets

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

when trying to make dye i don't think you should loose the bucket when you fail. you should just use the water.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

When you loose the bucket it is bad luck. The most will still exist.

But in any kind buckets need to be lost. If not, who would buy new buckets if they never get lost? So you have a small chance of bad luck, so that it happens.
Tanistian_Kanea

i thought it was everytime because i had two fails and two less buckets.
Tanistian_Kanea

i'm 4 for 4. 4 fails. 4 less buckets. seems like every time you fail you loose a bucket.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Tanistian_Kanea wrote:i'm 4 for 4. 4 fails. 4 less buckets. seems like every time you fail you loose a bucket.
Umm, tell me what ITEM you use (the one you shift click on) when you dye with a chance to fail?
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Lennier wrote:When you loose the bucket it is bad luck. The most will still exist.

But in any kind buckets need to be lost. If not, who would buy new buckets if they never get lost? So you have a small chance of bad luck, so that it happens.

If tailoring:
You loose the bucket when fail to make dye, loose the bucket if fail to color the cloth I assume (though it has been awhile since I tried it), and the blacksmith looses the bucket most of the time making armor. Sounds like a lot of buckets lost for a trade that doesn't earn much copper to begin with yet requires a lot of resources, and now with some colors can only be done in the summer or when certain crops are grown.

((it would be nice in the cycle if only ONE chance to loose the bucket rather then three...in other words if still have the bucket making the dye, you can at least be fairly assured can get it back from the other processes, this still generates revenue for someone selling buckets))
Llama

Post by Llama »

You can't lose buckets while dying cloth, since you can't fail (correct me if I'm wrong)

I just checked and it appears that you ALWAYS lose a bucket if you fail.
Tanistian_Kanea

Hadrian_Abela wrote: I just checked and it appears that you ALWAYS lose a bucket if you fail.
which brings me back to my proposal of could we have some of the buckets survive?
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

When did we bring back tool loss? :P Yeah I experienced this too, of course I've accidentally duplicated alot more buckets than I've bought too so I'm not complaining. :)
Tanistian_Kanea

you've duplicated buckets? how? (it should be fixed)
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Tanistian_Kanea wrote:you've duplicated buckets? how? (it should be fixed)
Not sure, hence by accident. Seems to happen randomly (alot of crafts use buckets).