Client Not Responding

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

abcfantasy

Client Not Responding

Post by abcfantasy »

Since the major client update (v1.1), the client (seemingly at random) crashes and becomes not responding. It happens between 1 to 3 times in an hour, and there doesn't seem any thing in particular that causes it to crash. I can remember it crashed once the moment I went into a building, another time the moment I closed a door, and another during a ctrl+click fight.

Does it happen to anyone else?
Anything I could do?

Thanks
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

happens to me aswell but allready before the client, as soon as another game mechanic except walking or talking is in use i have a higher chance to crash so fights, working and spells can crash my client out of the blue.

I think using the client in windows mode, for some strange reason however, increass the crashrate.
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

This probably isn't very helpful, but I've not crashed at all since the update, and I use the client in windowed mode, and have been cast on, ctrl+clicked, opened doors etc. Sometimes I get a lot of lag when I walk into a building, but that's all.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

i get "not responding" in windowed mode to.
Tinya

Post by Tinya »

I have froze/crashed approx once per couple of hours also. The typical crash scenario of picking fruit, but others just randomly. Twice now for some strange reason, I could type etc . but couldn't use the mouse for anything. I also get a "not responding" and difficulty even exiting out of that mode (in window mode).

Also when doing a ctrl/alt/delete to try to exit out that way, the java is very large, higher then I have seen before. Just now I checked java again and nothing should be running because I am not ig....yet it showed java 30,000 k on my machine. I saw nothing stopped/deleted when I did a ctrl/alt/delete for the java.
Last edited by Tinya on Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pharse

Post by pharse »

Happens to me aswell. Mostly on login, after loading when the inventory appears, the actual map stays black and it just freezes. "not responding" :/

Happens also sometimes when drinking potions or fighting. Before the update I had no problems with the normal client.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I've been crashing a lot recently, but I thought it was my internet connection.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

I have this randomly too, while just walking, or trying to kill a lich. -.-
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

Do people still have this problem? Yesterday I froze/crashed more then ever. When checking task manager java was over 200,000 k.
Tanistian_Kanea

one day i crashed about 10 times.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

I like it when I can talk, but not whisper, and not move, and not be able to really click on things in my inventory. It goes to the gloved hand. But I can still turn.
Tanistian_Kanea

thats just the shift key sticking. simply hit shift to get rid of the hand thingy.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

When the "groping" shift hand appears and won't go away, I found that instead of relogging you can just repeatedly tap Lshift Rshift Lshift Rshift really faster over and over and eventually it goes back to normal.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Which explains why I could not move, but turn. I will try this when it happens again!