A List of Complaints

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Vern Kron

A List of Complaints

Post by Vern Kron »

A parchment hangs from beside Eliza's shop, held up with pins in a tight and crisp manner. It was written with haste, but seems that it holds strong feelings.
People of Troll's Bane!
The Governor has choosen to ignore the complaints of the people for far too long! We need to take action, and show him these problems! I ask, that if you have a problem or need that has been neglected by the guard or town, that you place it below. In a few days I shall write them all down together, and take them to the governor. If he does not act then, we shall take action! You need not sign your name, if you fear for your safety, and if you feel that you have been wronged by the goverment, such as a loss of rights, please report that!
1. Reformation of the Guard!
2. The need of a Militia!

In the name of change and hope for the future,
Artimer Fault!
Lady Misha

Post by Lady Misha »

Misha was attacked numerous times, and reported each attack, sometimes to Jorokar personally....but she never had any fines, or jail time leveyed on her assailents.

And with the recent assasination Misha worries she could be struck down with no reprocussons

Misha Misha
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I feel that I, A well-respected dwarf, Have been singled out and assaulted by the guard for the simple reason that I am not human like all of them. The Guard need representatives from every race, Not only humans.

~A Concerned Non-Human~
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Artimer, you have gone mad. You are weak and find it hard to endure a person's death, and because I cannot magically bring your friend back to life, you take revenge upon me.

What reformation of the guard are you talking about? There have been some good doings from the Guard recently. Simply because someone, not even a citizen of Troll's Bane, was (unfortunately) killed for whichever reasons there might have been, does not mean the Guard is slacking away, drinking fine wine in luxury places.

Why militia? Do you know what a militia is? What purpose will it have? If it is to protect Troll's Bane, you must be referring to the Guard itself.

--

Misha, I remember one case in which you reported to me. It was regarding the High Priest, and in which case the situation was handled appropriately by Nerian Finera.

--

To the last dwarf, I will be honest and say that I have absolutely no idea what that is about, also because I do not know who you are. If you would like to speak further, meet me and we will discuss. Or if you prefer, send me a dove.

~ Sir Jorokar
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

No Jorokar, you are the one who is mad.
You have driven away business opportunities with your indifference, and the guard needs more reformation. I have seen more citizens catch the criminals, and have to wait for a guard such as Altrix, than I have seen a Guard do it. The pig plague strikes our town, and you have said little to nothing about it. You will not silence me now Jorokar. You turned your back on a person in need, and I will not allow it to happen again. And if you will not listen, then I will change things myself. I hope you see the true problem here, "Lord Sladrir."

We will not be silenced,
Artimer Fault.
Gregory Hardcast

Post by Gregory Hardcast »

Artimer.. patience. Our Governor has a lot on his plate, he is not superhuman. Things like the pigplague.. the effectiveness of the guard.. these are all things out of his control. Get a hold of yourself.

~Gregory Hardcast.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

D. Treason
An individual, who alone or in a group, commits any or all of the following acts may be found guilty of treason: Inciting a rebellion. Belonging to, associating with, assisting or supporting a group which plans to overthrow the government of Trollsbane or assassinating a person belonging to or working for the government (or planning to do those individually). Anyone convicted of spying may also be punished for treason, and vice versa.

Revocation of citizenship, branding as outlaw, confiscation of property, extreme fines, a long period of hard labour or death by hanging may be given as punishments for treason, depending on the seriousness of the person’s guilt. All punishments for treason are handed personally by the Governor, or by the captain of the guard, should the governor be absent.
Read that closely.

~Unsigned~
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Dear unsigned,
So I am commiting treason by bringing attention problems the Governor has choosed to ignore? If that is so, then anyone who requests a meeting with the Governor is to be hanged.
Signed,
Artimer Fault.
Borine

Post by Borine »

I agree with Hardcast on this one, just let Jorokar sort it out and stop complaining.

Christopher Rigden
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

I have a complatin, but not of the governor, nor of the guard, but of the citizens. I have stood for many things in my days, but the thing that is most getting to me, is the lack of respect this town shows to authority. Yes, it is true, the guard is small, but, maybe its not our fault, but the fault of the citizens who dont join it, but instead complain about it. Second, I am doing work with the guard, as the lieutenant, i have been trying to recruit people, and, I have been out on the streets patrolling every bit of time that I have to spare. I essentially am doing the work of 5 guards combined (not to insult the guards that do patrol the streets). But, this lack of gratitude is not make my job any easier. I have been told by many people to make the guard stronger, but, unless we have people willing to join, then we are unable to do so. And then, people complain while we are out training and a crime happens in town. Well, if there are few guards, then those few must do everything they can to be stronger. If we dont have strength in numbers, then we have to do all we can for strength in individuals.
Third, regarding the assassination of Kaelyn, I have sent messages to all of the guards, trying to get them out on the streets, patrolling more, and reporting every crime that they see, after that point, if they dont listen, its not under my control. I have been told to set an example and fire some of theguards who dont listen... ad that makes alot of sense, make the guard even smaller... but, as I have said, we are investigating the murder, and, we will see to it that the man gets justice.

Signed,
Altrix
Page of the Knights of Gobaith
Lieutenant of the town guard which does in fact exist