Rumors thread, biased?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Faladron

Rumors thread, biased?

Post by Faladron »

Rumors

Wer heute in Trolls Bane war, konnte eine Gruppe diskutieren hören ob Enwell van Illdoran und Kadiya Artaliar bereits treue Gefolgsleute vom Prophetenkönig sind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those who visited Trolls Bane today can hear a group, discuss about the question if Enwell van Illdoran and Kadiya Artalair are already devoted followers of the prophetking
((A note to players. This topic was originally for GM use only, but we eventually let players use it. However, recently, the rumours have gone down-hill. Not only have they become stupidly specific, but they have also become detrimental to roleplay.

A suggestion: Start including sources for rumours, as well as keeping them vague! They should be rumours, not highly accurate news reports.

An example:

An old woman that walks the streets of Troll's Bane tells all that she can that she has seen an unusual pillar by the Lake of Adron.

This is something along the lines of what we want, as opposed to highly detailed factual stories. If you want to start something like that, start your own topic.
Can anyone tell me how that is not an overly specific rumor about some player characters that are not assigned to any particular quest?

I see no difference in that post and the one about the guy bragging to have killed a red skelleton, actually I do: The guy with the red skelleton didn't include the particular name of his character... :roll:

I don't see that the quality of the rumors thread has improved after the lock, seriously, I do not.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Well...for one, only one rumor has been posted since the lock...
Noradur

Post by Noradur »

Can anyone tell me how that is not an overly specific rumor about some player characters that are not assigned to any particular quest?
yes i could, but it would spoil the rumor.
I see no difference in that post and the one about the guy bragging to have killed a red skelleton, actually I do: The guy with the red skelleton didn't include the particular name of his character... Rolling Eyes
The difference is:
it names a source and a place, but no exact facts, only: who s talking about what and where.
I don't see that the quality of the rumors thread has improved after the lock, seriously, I do not.
Then thank god, i am responsible for judging about this

Question answered - lock

EDIT: Whoever wants to write a rumor send it to me via, i look if it fulfills the who, where, and what, and only the who where and what, and post it with the rumours account.