*a note is penned up in many towns*

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Zzesskan

*a note is penned up in many towns*

Post by Zzesskan »

I offer a simple mage staff, red mage hat, and red mage robe to anyone willing to teach me two specific category one runes.
The offer is negotiable, the runes are not, and I would be willing to answer any questions necessary to soothe the mind.
Any who accept will be informed of a suggested time and meeting place if they do not suggest one themselves.

~ Knowledge Seeker
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

You realise that those things mean nothing to the teachers, and I know that I for one have a huge pile of the things, which I would call trash.

~W.E~
Zzesskan

Post by Zzesskan »

I did not expect them to mean anything. Are you saying that the runes are that valuable?

~Knowledge Seeker
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

... Yes... the runes are highly valuable..
Zzesskan

Post by Zzesskan »

I don't believe you.

But perhaps I could offer something just as valuable.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

The arcanes are a divine art, they are no mere tools. You are lucky we have such a well established academy right now that you have a slight opportunity of learning runes; I was on the isle 3 years before I controlled any runes, and 5 before I could do more than mere illusions. Magic is a long term prospect, which requires much patience. Do not think you can obtain it via. bribery with pathetic goods.

~W.E~
Zzesskan

Post by Zzesskan »

If the arcane were a divine art then it would produce divine works.

I am willing to wait.
I am willing to learn.
I am not willing to continue learning mere theory under teachers who have neither time nor resources nor interest in myself as a person.

If I can gather runes slowly from any teacher willing then I have a much better chance than I currently do of being formally taught any of them at all.

Goods are hardly the only form of bribery a person can offer.

~ Knowledge Seeker
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Runes are given to students with high prospects of becoming good mages, they are nothing you pay for. Apply to the academy boards in a proper fashion rather than what is there if you wish to become a mage.

~W.E~
Zzesskan

Post by Zzesskan »

Applying to the academy has gotten me nothing.

An academy that does not teach is flawed.

~ Knowledge Seeker
Llama

Post by Llama »

An academy that teaches only those who do not see magic as a good that can be bought, or one that can be obtained through bribery is not flawed at all.

K.Tao
Zzesskan

Post by Zzesskan »

If an academy only teaches those with "high prospects" then it is refusing to teach and grooming an elite.

~ Knowledge Seeker
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Then you shall not receive any Knowledge of the Academy at all.

~Pellandria~
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Indeed; you should count yourself lucky you've been using an alias or you could've permanently ruined your chances of becoming a mage.

~W.E~
Zzesskan

Post by Zzesskan »

Knowledge seeker is a title, not an alias.

Perhaps, Elderberry, Pellandria, it was not clear to you that I am past the point of becoming a proper mage- by my own words.

Yet I suppose all is not lost for me. There are teachers willing to pass knowledge to outcasts and renegades (I suppose, if they were caught, they would be labeled outcasts and renegades themselves) and it is to those I petition. Not the kings and queens of Gobiath's aristocracy.

And in belated protection of my own honour: My offer was not a bribe.
I was taught that one must make welcome those they invite into their house.
Perhaps I should have offered apple pies instead?
I simply assumed such items were more suitable for meeting and speaking with a mage than cake and mead...
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

.. There is only one mage on Gobaith who cannot teach without the teaching room, all others abide by the Academy rules, which would mean not teaching you, and I sincerely doubt Nalcaryos would waste his power teaching runes to you.

~W.E~
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

*writing is in beautiful black ink that has sharp refined characters*

Knowledge Seeker,

As my colleagues Master Elderberry, Master Tao, and now Mistress Pellandria have denoted in their posts the Arcane is not something to be taken lightly, however, I do not view your offerings as bribes. Allow me to steer these posting into a more positive ambiance. If all you are seeking is knowledge my dear fellow or lady you only have one part of the puzzle there must also be understanding and application. It is quite clear through your postings that you do not understand the ways of the Magical Academy nor the ways of the Arcane. Runes will only be taught at the Gobaith Magical Academy to students that have applied themselves properly to our boards and have submitted themselves to the rules. Then it shall be determined by the fine teachers of this institution whether or not you possess the gift to even use rune-magic. The path is neither easy or short, but takes dedication to the highest degree. From there it is not only knowledge that we teach but integrity and application. I humbly ask you to drop the title Knowledge Seeker, and take-up your real name with pride and honor, for no one should be ashamed of themselves for seeking knowledge. Apply to the boards of the Gobaith Magical Academy, properly, and we shall see about you learning rune-magic.

Humble Regards and the Blessings of Zhambra,
Teacher and member of the High Council,
Mage Eli Travinus
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

It's rare and amazing to hear me say such words, but...

Stop being so verbose, Eli. Otherwise I agree with your writing.

~W.E~