Official Gobaith Fighting Tournament!

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Official Gobaith Fighting Tournament!

Post by Julius »

~!The Official Gobaith Fighting Tournament is underway!~

There has come a time to find out who is the greatest fighter on this isle. In one dwarven week, we shall know. Because of right now, registrations are being held for all fighters that wish to take part in the tournament. In order to pay for concessions and other costs, sign up fees will be 3 silvers per person. Awards will include: The title of Gobaith Champion or Champion of Gobaith (Your choice), a percentage of the sign up fees, and the prestige of beating all that come in your way.

When signing up, one must include his sponsor or the town that he fights for. If the person belongs to no guild, knighthood, or town then his sponsor shall be himself/herself. Registration period will last until a day before the tournament ((Friday October 12th)). Late entries will be available but will come at the hefty price of 5 silvers.

Below are the towns/guilds and their representatives. This is more of a draft list, any guilds or towns that are left out, please send me a dove so that I can add them to the list:
  • Troll's Bane -
    Varshikar -
    Greenbriar -
    Grey Rose -
    Silverbrand -
    Nordmark -
    Tol Vanima -
    Caelum -
    Knighthood of Gobaith - Jorokar Sladrir
    Zzyathis-
    Unsponsored fighters - ///, Interested Combatant
Hope I am not forgetting anyone. Times will be posted at a later date for the exact time of the Tournament. It will be held at the Arena. Please give sign up money to Julius Rothman or Governor Cromwell.

Official Rules and Regulations

1. Straight fighting, no attacking the back of the opponent.
2. If a piece of armor breaks in battle the match will be postponed for a short time to resupply the lost item.
3. Tis more of a free form tournament, you choose your OWN armor and can refuse to fight a match with another until they switch what they are wearing. As mentioned below, tis unfair to be completely outmatched just by armor and weapon.
4. No Magical Swords are allowed. Poison swords are allowed.
5. You cannot step out of the Arena at any time.
6. No healing properties. Once you step back, the match is over. NO MAGES.
7. You can ether fight to the death or have a simple lowest point duel. When you choose to step back is your own problem, if you are beaten to the cross, you armor and equipment will be returned to you at a later time. Just make your way back to the Arena for healing and your valuables. Hopefully, nothing such as this will happen.

Thank you,
Julius Rothman
Town Guard
Owner of the Arena!
Last edited by Julius on Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:14 am, edited 9 times in total.
Llama

Post by Llama »

A lizard walks by and pins a small note

You forgot Zzyathis....friend

The person didn't bother to write a signature
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

(( Translation/Übersetzung: ))

~Das offizielle Gobiath-Kampftunier nähert sich!~

Die Zeit ist gekommen herauszufinden, wer der größte Kämpfer dieser Insel ist. In einer Zwergenwoche werden wir es wissen. Alle Kämpfer, die am Tunier teilnehmen möchten, müssen sich registrieren. Um alle anfallenden Kosten bezahlen zu können, beträgt die Teilnahmegebühr drei Silbermünzen je Person.
Folgende Belohnungen wird es geben: Den Titel des Gobiath-Champions oder des Champions von Gobiath (Eure Wahl), einen Anteil an den Teilnahmegebühren und den Ruf, alle besiegt zu haben, die sich Euch in den Weg stellten.

Bei der Anmeldung muss jeder einen Förderer oder die Stadt angeben, für die er antritt. Wenn man keiner Gilde, Ritterschaft oder Stadt angehört, wird man selbst sein eigener Förderer sein. Der Anmeldezeitraum läuft bis einen Tag vor dem Tunier (( Freitag, 12. Oktober )). Nachträgliche Anmeldungen werden möglich sein, kosten dann aber fünf Silbermünzen.

Unten sind Städte/Gilden und deren Repräsentanten aufgeführt. Dies ist nur ein Entwurf; jede Stadt oder Gilde, die ich ausgelassen habe, möge mir eine Taube schicken, damit ich sie hinzufügen kann.

(( Siehe Julius' Anfangsposting für die Teilnehmer! ))

Ich hoffe ich habe niemanden vergessen. Die genaue Zeiten des Tuniers werden später bekanntgegeben. Es findet in der Arena statt. Die Anmeldegebühr wird an Julius Rothmann oder Governeur Cromwell entrichtet.

Vielen Dank,
Julius Rothman
Last edited by Miklorius on Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ilyamorion

Post by Ilyamorion »

*a simple note is written in elegant black ink*

Mister Rothman,

Perhaps you would be kind enough to layout the rules before I give out my silvers to join your tournament. I doubt it would be very fair for one person to use dwarven state/drow armor, a cloud shield, and magical/drow weapons while the other person uses silversteel, heraldic shield, and a serinjah.... so if you will be so kind as to layout some ground rules.

Interested Combatant
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Interested Combatant. I would rather use a serinjah over all weapons but two. A magical serinjah, and a drow blade(one-handed). Silversteel seems to be a more defensive armor to me. A cloud shield has no magical properties. I am yet to hear of a shield with such properties.

~Dain~Laiden~
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

I do hope the use of magical weapons is prohibited.

~Dain~Laiden~
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

Maybe they should be given same kind of armour and weapons so there is no cheating?

-TW
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

I would reccomend this for the armor and weapon combinations.

Steel Plate Armor
Steel Gloves
Flame Helmet
Steel Boots
Steel Greaves
A Serinjah
A Heraldic Shield
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

What if some people wish to fight dual sworded?

I think everything but magic blades should be allowed, personally.

~W.E~
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Because anyone who uses dual swords is an idiot. They will lose so fast they will not know what happened to them.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Not if they use double drow blades.

~W.E~
Ilyamorion

Post by Ilyamorion »

Dain Laiden,

A name I know well enough. Perhaps I was too vague with my last concern so let me express it a different way. The way things are right now.... Mister Rothman has not supplied a clear set of rules to make the tournament about the best Champion of Gobaith but a tournament about the person with the best armor and weapons.

I believe it an unfair test of ones skill to allow certain rare and most certainly powerful artifacts to be used in a tournament. Let me break it down like this, here is a scenario I see as being completely unfair.

Combatant 1.

Weapon: Drow blade or magical weapon
Armor: Drow or Dwarven state or even elven state
Shield: cloud shield

Versus

Combatant 2.

Weapon: Serinjah
Armor: Even elvensteel or less
Shield: heraldic shield

I believe the past tournament used something along the lines of post number 8. I will continue to look on and I am hoping it is fair enough to provide my silver.

Interested Combatant
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

Using no armor and having a free choice of weapons
would be the fairest configuration. Not everyone uses Swords,
there are also good Fighters with Staffs and Rapiers.

~Rorak, citicen of Trolls Bane
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Rules and regulations have been posted on the official first post. Hopefully this will clear things up.

With best regards,
Julius Rothman - Guard of Troll's Bane
Owner of the Arena!
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Will you need a healer for between duels there? I can assist with this.

~W.E~
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Ilyamorion wrote: Armor: ... or even elven state

Interested Combatant
To wear such armor in a battle of weapons, and not arcane magic ability, would be quite foolish.

///
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

The Gobaith Fighting Tournament will be used as opportunity to hire more people in to the guard! Those who prove their talent or who show a great deal of potential will be given the opportunity to skip the recruit-phase entirely, should they enlist!

Governor Cromwell
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

In this case, I think that NO magical weapons should be permitted. They will show luck and skill of the blade, not the one who uses it.

~Dain~Laiden~
Julius

Post by Julius »

For the point made by Dain, the rules have been altered. Magical Swords are now not permitted in the upcoming tournament. Also, I urge all people who wish to fight to sign up quickly. I have not received much interest in doves or in person on this tournament and that grieves me. The winner or combatants have many opportunities by signing up.

Thank you,
Owner of the Arena!
Talaena Landessi

Post by Talaena Landessi »

Make everyone wear leather armor just to keep from being hurt to much. Give everyone the standard weapon for thier fighting style. Free form tournament still sounds like it is favoring those with better equipment, is it so back breaking to say that armor and weapon choice is to be predetermined to maintain fairness?

-unsigned-
Julius

Post by Julius »

A few announcements:

William Elderberry has agreed to become the official healer of the Gobaith Fighting Tournament, please wish him luck in the duties that he holds at such a position.

The fighter that goes by the alias "///" has decided to join the tournament. I have added his name to the list of unsponsored fighters. He has yet to pay his entrance fee, but I am sure that he will for I have done business with him involving iron bars before.

Thank you,
Owner of the Arena!
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Does a poison laced weopon count as a magical one?
Julius

Post by Julius »

Nay. The poison has to my knowledge, not a heavy effect on a person during a duel. William will be ready afterwards if someone is effected by this poison.

Hope this answers your questions,
Owner of the Arena!
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

What sort of rewards are there for this tournament?

~Richard Martins~
Julius

Re: Official Gobaith Fighting Tournament!

Post by Julius »

Julius wrote: Awards will include: The title of Gobaith Champion or Champion of Gobaith (Your choice), a percentage of the sign up fees, and the prestige of beating all that come in your way.
Governor Cromwell wrote:The Gobaith Fighting Tournament will be used as opportunity to hire more people in to the guard! Those who prove their talent or who show a great deal of potential will be given the opportunity to skip the recruit-phase entirely, should they enlist!

Governor Cromwell
Also, a deal is possibly in the works for some armor and other profitable items.

Also, Jorokar and the man that has posted under the alias Interested Combatant has expressed interest to join. I will receive entrance fees from them at a later time.

Julius Rothman - Town Guard of Troll's Bane
Owner of the Arena!
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

This tournament and its rules have already become stupid.

~Dominic Fisher
Executor

Post by Executor »

How about these rules: No magical or poisoned weapons. Wear what ever you would like.

-unsigned-
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

How about wear whatever, use whatever. Some kind of element of skill comes into it somewhere, actually GETTING the items or getting the money to pay for them.

~Dominic Fisher
Julius

Post by Julius »

Although I own the Arena and run the Tournament, I am only going by wishes that were made by my superiors. No one is forcing you to join if you don't want to, so if you don't intend on spending 3 silvers to fight then please do not litter the boards for me to bend the rules so that you can win. The armor doesn't make the man, what's inside does.

Thank you,
Owner of the Arena!
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

"You can refuse to fight someone if they wear armour you don't like."

What a stupid rule. What you are saying is that a person can postpone their fight until the other person changes to the worst armour and weapons they can find.

~Dominic Fisher