Debugging Session (!)

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Vilarion
Developer

Debugging Session (!)

Post by Vilarion »

We are currently evaluating a professional debugging tool (Insure++ by parasoft). Although the server might be lagging, please do log in and test all different kinds of things to provide us with debug messages. Thank you :)
Talirea Iomee

Post by Talirea Iomee »

I really would like to... But I can't log in because I'm still on the online list... :(
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

1. Mach dir mal keine Sorge, sobald der Server geht stürzt sich alles drauf.
2. Es wäre für Euch eventuell von Vortei, wenn wir wüssten, wonach Ihr sucht. Wir haben nämlich auch noch die Möglichkeit, unser Spiel so zu steuern, dass ihr die passenden Ereignisse bekommt.

Und übrigends DANKE!
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Wir suchen nach Fehlern ;) Die können überall sein. Macht also alles.

~~~~

Wie are looking for bugs ;) They could be everywhere. So best do everything.
Senrin der Ältere

Post by Senrin der Ältere »

Verstanden und wird umgesetzt! Für den Server tue ich doch alles :twisted:
Beldir

Post by Beldir »

Auch wenn er mit seinen Schergen Illarion überrennt und Nitram gefangenhält?
Baiyan Trading Company

Post by Baiyan Trading Company »

Also vorhin ist der Server gecrasht als ich versucht hab etwas aus einer am boden liegenden tasche zu in meinen gürtel zu tun o.o

Nebenbei bemerkt ist der server wirklich dermaßen langsam, dass man quasi nichts tun kann. ich war gerade für ca. 8 minuten eingeloggt und hab mich in der zeit drei felder weit bewegt.
Guir Rabenflügel

Post by Guir Rabenflügel »

geht mir genauso
Senrin der Ältere

Post by Senrin der Ältere »

Beldir wrote:Auch wenn er mit seinen Schergen Illarion überrennt und Nitram gefangenhält?
Dann mit besonderer Vorliebe :twisted:
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

also, wenn wir dabei sind, wild zu vermuten, was vorhin den server gecrasht hat:
mein char hat gerade einem ork gesagt, er soll kotzen gehen, da war schlus! ergo kann es nur an der bad-word sperre liegen... :wink:
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

alle zweiundzwanzig sekunden ein schritt im moment.

wie weit seid ihr zuruecki gegangen? stunden? tage?

edit: 22 bis 33 sekunden
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

I got a bug for you. If you have lets say 32 sausages and you go to cook one piece of ham it make a 50% sausage. When you finish the work it turns all of the sausages into just 1 sausage. That sucks. I lost 89 sausages yesterday. *cries*

P.S. You can not even play the game right now it is lagging so badly. It takes like 1 minute to move 3 feet (1 square).
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

the speed of my char is still between 20 to 35 seconds.
but something else. after the reset, my char was back, where i woke him up, an hour or more before.
but the small map showed after the reset the terrain scouted between waking up and crash.
Shi'voc

Post by Shi'voc »

the debugger detects certain errors which will lead to crashes of the server and allows to find the cause much easier.
so basically we want you to crash the server in any way possible.

we can't help the lag, but without the program we only know there is a crash bug, if it's reproduced while using the program we know exactly where it is and can therefore fix it.
so, the sooner you get the server to crash, the sooner everything will be back to normal operation just without further crashes.
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Everyone get ingame and get to Trollsbane as soon as you can and meet outside of the shop. We will spam the game with a crap load of talk and RP. Plus, work in as much random actions as we can to make it crash and burn! Hurry up everyone!
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

hurry up???????
you are a joker, aren't you?
i needed over an hour to go from the arena to the tavern!
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

Somebody crashed the server, very good. I restarted.
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Hey, you wanna know how I did it. I gave it like 50 commands. I swapped like 50 things from bag to depot and depot to bag, and tried to move all sorts of directions plus clicking and dragging character, and making thread and trying to cut logs. Not one thing happened but game crashed like 1 minute after none of my commands happened lol.

P.S. Why the hell is the game going so slow still? What did you do to it Vilarion? It was happy before!
martin

Post by martin »

Richard Cypher wrote:
P.S. Why the hell is the game going so slow still? What did you do to it Vilarion? It was happy before!
This is the debugger.
It's making everything slow... So please, log in and try to kill the server (even if it's slow, I know that this sucks, I am logged in myself ;) )

Martin
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

martin wrote:It's making everything slow... So please, log in and try to kill the server (even if it's slow, I know that this sucks, I am logged in myself ;) )

Martin
Painfully slow!
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

Richard Cypher wrote:P.S. Why the hell is the game going so slow still? What did you do to it Vilarion? It was happy before!
Actually I am trying to convince the server to repair it itself. Unfortunately it is not listening to me regarding this. So even more unfortunately I need to invest some of my precious time in fixing various bugs. I am quite sorry if that is inconvenient to you.

Apparently one bug causing crashes appears during processing player logins. This is not a joke btw.
Shi'voc

Post by Shi'voc »

we found 2 interesting things which could be the cause of the recent crashes... we'll know more after they are fixed of course, but we will need another session like that one afterwards to see if we missed something.
we currently only have a time limited trial version of the program, so it's important that we use this time efficiently.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

Online-Spieler
Übersicht (Stand: 14.08.2007 10:48:29) 8. Eldas 22 - 5:25:27
Der Server ist offline also kann keiner spielen.
At the same time I found a char with status 'online' in our tool. The name I can tell our devs of course.
Maybe this will help.
martin

Post by martin »

@Arien:
That's just because the database didn't get updated. We're not searching for bugs like "I just got 12 melons instead of 14", we are searching for structural bugs that cause the server to (possibly) crash!
It's all about stability, not about content.

And, just to complete what shivoc has said:
We can use the program today and tomorrow (we got a 3 day trial), so please, help us (in the end, the game YOU play will benefit from it by becoming more stable and lagfree afterwards!).

Martin
Sam Goldzunge

Post by Sam Goldzunge »

Ich weis zwar nich, ob das etwas damit zu tun hat, aber als ich neulich versuchte (mehrmal versuchte 4 oder 5 mal) mit einem Halbling, einen Zwergenschüssel aufzunehmen, ist der server auch abgestürzt
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Why isn't it running in debugging mode right now?
Llama

Post by Llama »

abcfantasy wrote:Why isn't it running in debugging mode right now?
Probably because there are two people online, and its no use P****ing off two players for the rare chance that they might actually hit a bug.
Friedwulfa

Post by Friedwulfa »

Sorry, ich nehm an ich bin hier falsch mit meinem prob, aber immer wenn ich versuch den Dungeon unterm Friedi zu verlassen und bei den beiden skeletten vor der leiter nach oben in level 1 bin, macht der server den arsch hoch, kann nen Zufall sein, aber komisch isses trotzdem
Thorin Solfgar

Post by Thorin Solfgar »

I get frequently kicked due to "unstable connection" but I suppose the
server is too slow to process his own ping queries in time.