The Wipe

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Llama

The Wipe

Post by Llama »

Lets say in theory

I have a character, who has a very very good set of armor, which he wears usually, not to mention weapons; and he has a cr-p set of armor which he uses for practice.

Lets also say in theory, that the last time I had logged out was after a practice session, so he's wearing rubbish armor, and he has his amazing new set of armor safely stored in his depot.

Do you think that'll be fair?

-

Lets say in theory I'm a smith and i've been preparing bulk items to sell, or to give to a person who wanted to buy them from me.

I'm goign to have to start the order all over aren't I?

--

Next tyme round before you do something lyke that, could we have a warning please?

Oh and can we have an RP reason? (Demented imps?)
martin

Post by martin »

Today, the weather in vienna is bad.

Could I please get some RP reason? Is it fair?

Martin
Lahela

Post by Lahela »

Well Haedrian didn't really say it.

But I do not see how something like that could increase the fun in the game. I just lost the little fun I had.
martin

Post by martin »

So, to sum it all up:

Having everything=fun.

Trading, trying to reach or get something=no fun.

Did I get that right?

Martin
Llama

Post by Llama »

martin wrote:Today, the weather in vienna is bad.

Could I please get some RP reason? Is it fair?

Martin
No, but if you wake up in the morning and your bank account (and everyone's else) has disappeared...
martin

Post by martin »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:No, but if you wake up in the morning and your bank account (and everyone's else) has disappeared...
I'd wait for some message on my toilet door which tells me why that happened, right?

I'd rather not try to find out myself what happened, I'd not try to find a hypothesis or a theory and I'd not speculate myself. I'd wait for THE message of THE god or something.

Martin
Groot Knorchen

Post by Groot Knorchen »

I don't think that RP-reasons are necessary. After all, you want that Illarion makes progress, don't you?

Seeking for RP-reasons would include that with every bigger change wich needs a whipe the reasons would be ridiculous after some time. After the BIG whipe everything (except the magic-things) was fine too - mostly without RP-reasons.
Lahela

Post by Lahela »

I always thought Illarion is more than a fighting game. I must have been mistaken because the wipe favoured those who constntly wear their armour.
Rediculous!
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

Well, for the Nordmarkers it is very clear, what happened!

an evil sorcerer or witch destroyed our armory!!!11!!

we are allmost sure, that it was en elf!
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

I think either a warning or removing those that a char was wearing would have been more fair. Since in this way, those who were training, those who always wear their best armor and stuff get to benefit. While some may not even be wearing a cheap armor, just a robe, not even a weapon.

Trading, trying to reach something etc 'is' fun.
Losing everything that you traded/reached isn't fun at all.

And, @Lahela, agreed!
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

all i can say mm... pardon the word for a bit... shit happens... now it's time to move on...

my char was farming... so he doesn't have any armors or weapons on him at all... not even practice one.... so don't say that i'm favoring those who gets to keep their best armors since i'm one of them.... cause i'm in the worst case as well...
Thorwald

Post by Thorwald »

Vielen vielen lieben Dank für dieses Schmiedesystem , da macht es Spass die nächsten Wochen und Monate am Amboss zu verbringen .

Dickes dickes Lob .
martin

Post by martin »

Lahela wrote:I always thought Illarion is more than a fighting game. I must have been mistaken because the wipe favoured those who constntly wear their armour.
Rediculous!
Okay, here is the story:
I voted for the complete deletion of all weapons armors.
I asked other techies/GMs, they said: better don't do that, just reduce the quality of ALL wp/arm. After I wanted to do that, other techies/GMs said: No, you can't do that.
Then I said: Okay, let's just reduce the quality of all wp/arm that are not worn on your body. Then some said: No, you can't do that! There are large collections of these things in depots!
Then we said:
okay, lets do it the way we did it now.

So, you see, NO MATTER how we manage this situation, it's always us who're the bad guys.

Martin
Isilwen

Post by Isilwen »

Elves you say, Korm? *whistles innocently*

While I think that maybe a warning would have been a good idea, I think that i'll be going ingame a lot more now. I haven't been bothering to play Illa lately because my characters have nothing to do. Now they can have goals again- if only to gather some needed items, but that will open windows to a bit of roleplay and interaction with other characters (which has been kinda difficult lately)

If you want some RP reasons, here ;)

"My armor/weapon broke"

"I raised my sword, but it flew out of my hand and fell into the river! Terrible luck."

"I've decided it is time I upgraded to something shinier"

"Fairies! They were playing some fool-hardy game, and one of them spilled its bag of fairy dust right on top of my equipment! Turned everything into mushrooms."

"I was robbed by thieves"

"I was robbed by thieving trolls"

"I'm tired of all the violence!"

"I prayed to the gods that I could find lots of silver...they sure do have a sense of humor."

:D
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Last time I checked, this game was still in Beta.
Shenandrea

Post by Shenandrea »

Martin, es hätte längst nicht so nen "aufschrei" gegeben, wenn die rüstung und die schwerter einfach nur an quali verloren hätten. ich für mich finds einfach nur grad zum ko****..... mein char wurd z.b. schwer verletzt und hat garkeine rüstung angehabt.... nichtmal schwerter bei sich....und ich hatte kurz zuvor noch einiges an geld ausgegeben um noch ne rüstung zur hand zu haben falls die alte kaputt gehen sollte..... und nu steh ich mit (wenigstens wart ihr so fair, das muss ich sagen *danke*) nichtmal nem 1/4 was das zeug gekostet hat da....und darf zusehen mir mal wieder alles zu besorgen.....

ich mein ihr macht euere arbeit toll, und ich freu mich auch das ich illa spielen kann.... aber so toll wie dieses HW-Update auch sein soll..... das mit waffen/rüstung hätt so nicht sein müssen.

Ja ich weiss...mosern bringt nu nix mehr.... passiert ist passiert.... und über warnungen vorrausschicken gings ja nu auch schon in einigen posts.

was solls ...sh*t happens...

Shen
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

mm... lets try eerr...

some ferocious starving bugs with super fast metabolism have been spotted in Gobiath, they wander from depot to depot and eats up all the stuff while somehow they mm... dumps silver coin whenever they eat an item due to their weird metabolism....
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Right...

I went for some training, my armor broke, so I got another, and it broke, so I replaced to my last one and it broke. Oh and when I slashed, the weapon broke, so I got another, and it broke, so I got another, and it broke...

I raised all my swords and they all flew away and never came back.

I've decided to it's time to upgrade to something shinier, so I threw all my good rare stuff away.

Fairies? If they did that my char would hunt them all.

I was robbed by a thief, saw him running away with a couple of nice armors, couple of weapons, couple of large shields, etc...
Last edited by abcfantasy on Wed May 09, 2007 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lahela

Post by Lahela »

abcfantasy wrote:Right...

I went for some training, my armor broke, so I got another, and it broke, so I replaced to my last one and it broke. Oh and when I slashed, the weapon broke, so I got another, and it broke, so I got another, and it broke...

I raised all my swords and they all flew away and never came back.

I've decided to it's time to upgrade to something shinier, so I threw all my good rare stuff away.

Fairies? If they did that my char would hunt them all.

I was robbed by a thief, saw him running awake with a couple of nice armors, couple of weapons, couple of large shields, etc...
*chuckles* Thanks! Exactly my thoughts.
martin

Post by martin »

Shenandrea wrote:Martin, es hätte längst nicht so nen "aufschrei" gegeben, wenn die rüstung und die schwerter einfach nur an quali verloren hätten.
Ein GM und ein Entwickler widersprachen dem gestern extrem vehement, sie sahens genau umgekehrt wie du.
Wie kann ich entscheiden, was wahr ist und was nicht?

Versteht ihr, es gab mehrere Moeglichkeiten zu handeln, alle mit anderen Konsequenzen fuer die Wirtschaft im Spiel und fuer die "Zufriedenheit" der Spieler. Und jeder macht andere Aussagen dazu; die Wirtschaft kann man sich anhand von Statistiken, Erfahrungen, Zahlen etc. noch vorstellen, die Zufriedenheit, da ist man auf die Aussagen einzelner angewiesen, und das Spektrum war von "grossartig" bis "ich begehe Selbstmord, wenn das passiert". Und das bei JEDER moeglichen Vorgangsweise.
Jetzt hab ich halt versucht, den besten Kompromiss zu finden, und was passiert? Bingo.

Martin
Lahela

Post by Lahela »

Hm ich dachte immer das Spiel hätte noch Spieler, die sogar eigene Meinungen haben und meistens sogar gerne antworten, wenn sie um ihre Meinung gebeten werden.
Ich wage mich sogar zu entsinnen, das dieses Board über die Funktion verfügt polls zu schalten.

Vielleicht hätte es das ja besser gemacht.
Taeryon Silverlight

Post by Taeryon Silverlight »

martin wrote:
Shenandrea wrote:Martin, es hätte längst nicht so nen "aufschrei" gegeben, wenn die rüstung und die schwerter einfach nur an quali verloren hätten.
Ein GM und ein Entwickler widersprachen dem gestern extrem vehement, sie sahens genau umgekehrt wie du.
Wie kann ich entscheiden, was wahr ist und was nicht?

Versteht ihr, es gab mehrere Moeglichkeiten zu handeln, alle mit anderen Konsequenzen fuer die Wirtschaft im Spiel und fuer die "Zufriedenheit" der Spieler. Und jeder macht andere Aussagen dazu; die Wirtschaft kann man sich anhand von Statistiken, Erfahrungen, Zahlen etc. noch vorstellen, die Zufriedenheit, da ist man auf die Aussagen einzelner angewiesen, und das Spektrum war von "grossartig" bis "ich begehe Selbstmord, wenn das passiert". Und das bei JEDER moeglichen Vorgangsweise.
Jetzt hab ich halt versucht, den besten Kompromiss zu finden, und was passiert? Bingo.

Martin
Wieso habt ihr denn auch gleich alles gelöscht? Es hätte vollkommen gereicht, die Items zu löschen, deren Baumaterial nach dem Update viel schwerer zu bekommen gewesen wäre oder die nicht mehr herstellbar gewesen wären, z.b. magische Langschwerter, Windstäbe, etc.
martin

Post by martin »

Ich glaube nicht, dass eine Mehrheitsentscheidung die richtige Entscheidung ist. Und ich glaube weiters nicht, dass viele Spieler ueberhaupt die Mechanismen verstehen und ich glaub auch nicht, dass ein 1-Stunden-poll irgendwas gebracht haette.

Wenn wir eine Umfrage machen "willst du sofort 200 Silber haben, ja oder nein", wie glaubst du wird das ausgehen?

Wenn ich mit Staffies und mit ein paar Spielern, die grad greifbar sind und die ich fuer einigermassen objektiv halte, dieselbe Frage diskutiere, was glaubst du kommt da raus?

Die Populismuslade bringt uns keinen Schritt weiter.

Martin
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

Cliu Beothach wrote:Last time I checked, this game was still in Beta.
Very true :-)

About the items: It is like it is. Nothing will change. If the whining goes on we might consider a complete char wipe once more to provide the same starting possibilities for all of you. Thinking of it...mhm.
martin

Post by martin »

[quote="Taeryon]Wieso habt ihr denn auch gleich alles gelöscht? [/quote]

Haben wir nicht.
Wir haben nur alle Waffen und Ruestungen, die jetzt wesentlich schwerer zu erzeugen und teuerer zu beschaffen sind und die im Depot lagen geloescht, weil wir festgestellt haben, dass es einige Charaktere gibt (gar nicht so wenige), die solches Zeug gebunkert haben, was die Wirtschaft im Spiel komplett ueber den Haufen geworfen haette.

Martin
Taeryon Silverlight

Post by Taeryon Silverlight »

martin wrote:[quote="Taeryon]Wieso habt ihr denn auch gleich alles gelöscht?
Haben wir nicht.
Wir haben nur alle Waffen und Ruestungen, die jetzt wesentlich schwerer zu erzeugen und teuerer zu beschaffen sind und die im Depot lagen geloescht, weil wir festgestellt haben, dass es einige Charaktere gibt (gar nicht so wenige), die solches Zeug gebunkert haben, was die Wirtschaft im Spiel komplett ueber den Haufen geworfen haette.

Martin[/quote][/quote]

Ach komm schon, sogar das Beil von Namfalur und seine Stahlhandschuhe und Handschuhe sind verschwunden :roll:
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Vilarion wrote:If the whining goes on we might consider a complete char wipe once more to provide the same starting possibilities for all of you. Thinking of it...mhm.
I don't think you would want a big decline of players.
Lahela

Post by Lahela »

Ich für meinen teilen würde mich nun nicht so darüber aufregen, wenn ich zumindest die Chance gehabt hätte mit zu entscheiden.

Auch wenn ich zB bei dem poll für was anderes gestimmt hätte und es dann aber doch nicht so gekommen wäre, dann würde ich mich damit zufrieden geben.

Wieso denn überhaupt eine Stunde? Kam das Update so plötzlich für die Beiteildigten? Muss ein ziemlicher Geistesblitz dann gewesen sein. :roll:
Lahela

Post by Lahela »

abcfantasy wrote:
Vilarion wrote:If the whining goes on we might consider a complete char wipe once more to provide the same starting possibilities for all of you. Thinking of it...mhm.
Sometimes I think, they do want that :wink:
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

abcfantasy wrote:
kind of doubt he would care.... since they didn't get any money from this....