Lag during fights

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Kurga Wolfbane

Lag during fights

Post by Kurga Wolfbane »

Ok, how come we the players are lagging so badly at this moment, and the Red skeleton we are fighting can move normally and even attack me?

Is this a bug?
Athian

Post by Athian »

if you have a slow system there are plenty of things that will slow down a fight, especially if your sharing a connection with others. Do you notice the lag at any particular times? Such as before or during the weapon graphic or shield graphic appearing? Or as the sound of a weapon hit or block plays? These are classic lag symptoms of slow connections/systems.
Kurga Wolfbane

Post by Kurga Wolfbane »

I think maybe the cross pushing the skeleton back may have been the problem, I dunno.

It seemed strange, and it has never happened before. All the other characters there experienced the same thing at the time.

We began to move normally once we moved away from the cross and the skeleton, so maybe that was it.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Wether you lag or not, the fighting red skeletons will always be faster than you.
Kurga Wolfbane

Post by Kurga Wolfbane »

Of course, but the lag was obvious, to the point that my character, or anyone else for that matter couldn't move for 2-3 minutes, and the skeleton moved normally.

I wouldn't have even mentioned it if it was normal.

Just wanted to report this.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The fighting fills just up your sending buffer. There is nothing you can do against it. But the fighting itself does not run in any different way, then it would went if you have no lag.

Its just you can't move that good. If you want to move, you should stop the attacking. That should speed it up alot.

Nitram
Grivijak
Location: In the temple thinking up methods to steal Keikan's Lockpick.

Post by Grivijak »

I have something to add here from my previous experience with Illarion. Since the major server updates there have been a few occasions, me and other players where the character will quite litterilly completely freeze for a period of say 20 seconds, in which time the player can view everything going on the screen, but their character cannot do anything, no talking, moving, sometimes not even logging out works.

Anyone else ever had this? Other than me and a couple others.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

I know about this. Its the filled sending puffer. The server just can't send as fast as needed.

Happend alot while the tournement.