Mystery House

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kurga Wolfbane

Mystery House

Post by Kurga Wolfbane »

Does anybody know who owns the house in the north part of the Northern Woods between the Gnoll Forest and the Goblin Ruins?

I don't know of any guilds up there besides "Die Nordmark".
Athian

Post by Athian »

i believe thats the witches house. It's usuallygot lots of pretty death traps around it. but i think they were all used up. We should plant more.
Kurga Wolfbane

Post by Kurga Wolfbane »

Reeaallyyy?

Cool, so If I kill the witch, I get the house, right?

Is there a point behind that house besides traps?
Athian

Post by Athian »

might have been at one point, but as of now it's just a very nice place for a cross. It seriously saves quite the walk when need be.
Kurga Wolfbane

Post by Kurga Wolfbane »

Good enough for me. Thanks.
Manron

Post by Manron »

I know who lives in the house, so no, its not yours! One of my Chars also live in this house and its better you don´t come back again, then if my char has a bad day so you maybe get hurt by him. :wink:
Athian

Post by Athian »

you sure you own that house? never know it might just vanish one day :wink:

hope you've got a door key btw
Manron

Post by Manron »

I have ;)
Kurga Wolfbane

Post by Kurga Wolfbane »

Umm...according to building rules, only Guilds may own houses outside town. You part of a guild, I don't think so? If so, Kurga will eat them alive.......tastes better that way. :twisted:

PS I would move if I were you. Kurga likes her stumpies Raw!:roll:
Last edited by Kurga Wolfbane on Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Athian

Post by Athian »

hehe. well if you need wholesale traps... :wink:
Manron

Post by Manron »

This house are build before the rules came and its called witch house its not funny when you know all? :wink: believe me there are more than 1 person in it 8)
Kurga Wolfbane

Post by Kurga Wolfbane »

A guild needs at least 4.

And just because the rules weren't in place yet, doesn't invalidate the fact that they are now. Just pointing out the facts.

PS. You got any seasonings in that house? Just wondering? :twisted:
Manron

Post by Manron »

Okay, find it out IG, i say to you, in that house lives people, the rest is IC... the rules are not intresting, the house stands right? so we must be 4 when we build it! And no you don´t get it! You can´t buy it and you can´t own it with your axe or whatever...

The End!
Kurga Wolfbane

Post by Kurga Wolfbane »

It's not up to me thank goodness. That's why we have staff for the game. IG, I would beware of Orcs in the woods.

PS. You got any potatoes, carrots or onions too? Maybe make me a "Stumpie Stew", it's in the cooking menu now I think? :twisted:
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

kurga,

be carefull.
for one, there are really mighty sorcerers there. and, if you start fighting in that area, it would be too near of our border, to be ignored...

tjalf kormson, jarl of nordmark
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

Indeed you never know when you will mistake them crazy normarks for the thieves in those parts :P :D :) :( >.>
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

specially if you are a shortsighted lizard... :twisted: :wink:
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Even with the rules in place, there are other reasons why a building might be there. For example, Slasthulphus Garden in the Western Forest belongs to the Druids of the Forest and Maggie Kemoc as a reward for a quest.

Other buildings might pop up for quest purposes and GM's might decide to leave them there because they look nice, or players found a good use for them, or what have you.

The only reason I bring this up is that we shouldn't complain about who has a building or not. These are just places to roleplay, or roleplay about, or roleplay in front of, behind, on top of, or away from for some purpose. In that way, they serve everyone. Without the few buildings on the map that are there, the map would get awfully boring. =)
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Well, the guy who owns it is blind, and his PO has left.

A hint.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Wrong
Llama

Post by Llama »

Dearest Kurga

1) The newbies board was designed for questions lyke this
2) You COULD have started one thread and shoved everything in it
3) Illarion isn't about claiming houses with big axes...
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

1) right
2) right
3) wrong - if you are no mage...

illarion is about claiming everything with big axes. or the threat to use them.

at leat in comunities, that are not spoiled by over-civilisation.
Manron

Post by Manron »

AlexRose wrote:Well, the guy who owns it is blind, and his PO has left.

A hint.
Right, the char who own it was a Questchar and its right that he left, but what kurga say, you need 4 peoples or more for a guild, so there are living people in it, why you all doesn´t want to accept it? There is nothing to post anymore. This house has owner... there is nothing to explain more...
Kurga Wolfbane

Post by Kurga Wolfbane »

Its a question of fairness.

How many people have been denied a 'private' house in the woods by the builder because they didn't have a guild?

It doesn't seem fair that this house be any different.

The rules exist so we know what is fair, and the players accept them as long as they are followed fairly by all. When a few are 'excused' by the rules, that's when questions are raised about favoritism, players feel upset, and problems begin.

I say the rules should apply to everyone, or else allow everyone to build a 'private' home in the country.

I think the GM's will prefer the first choice.
Pia Dandelion

Post by Pia Dandelion »

Hello!

I don't know the exact numbers of current players, but each player has at least one character, some have even more. Now imagine how Gobiath would look like if every character has its own house somewhere on the island. And belief me, it is not that hard to get the money and material to build a house. And with the exception of Troll's Bane all other cities don't leave the impression that they are populated.

With kind regards
Manron

Post by Manron »

Kurga Wolfbane wrote:Its a question of fairness.

How many people have been denied a 'private' house in the woods by the builder because they didn't have a guild?

It doesn't seem fair that this house be any different.

The rules exist so we know what is fair, and the players accept them as long as they are followed fairly by all. When a few are 'excused' by the rules, that's when questions are raised about favoritism, players feel upset, and problems begin.

I say the rules should apply to everyone, or else allow everyone to build a 'private' home in the country.

I think the GM's will prefer the first choice.
What do you don´t understand when i say, there are living more than 4 poeples, so its a guild ok? So its okay that the house stands right there and its allowed to have this house right there... i think thats enough...
Kurga Wolfbane

Post by Kurga Wolfbane »

Silas Farron wrote:The people having the key to the house are forming a guild with a name, with targets and a solid structure.
The point: The whole thing is top-secret.
Nobody knows about the guild IG except the members themselves.

Just accept other people's RP and stay nice, mostly if you claim to be leadero f a guild that was beaten several times and still claims a VERY big Guildhall (orc cave) without having an actual point.
I find it amazing that it took this long in the thread to find out that it is a guild. All of this has been OOC, so what was so damn secretive about a simple question about a house that someone claimed to have keys to?

I wouldn't start trashing other guilds though. The Orc Cave is a 'guildhall' for the Bloodskulls, which as far as I know, have always been active and serves as a refuge for Orcs, if only people would leave them alone. They even have a link on the main website. I wouldn't start any flaming if I were you. It might bleed over to IG affairs.

If the house is indeed owned by a guild, I'm satisfied.
Kurga Wolfbane

Post by Kurga Wolfbane »

Silas Farron wrote:As mentioned: THe whole thing is top-secret, the members tried to keep the whole thing secret IG and OOC as well, because many people can't separate IC and OOC.
There is absolutely no way to find out about the guild Ingame, don't even try ;)

The Bloodskulls were inactive for a looong time now. And why the heck should Orcs have an extra refuge?! Where is the human's refuge? The halfling refuge? Goblin Refuge, Gnome Refuge, Fairy Refuge... I don't even know about people not leaving them alone.

I am surely not the one to carry OOC-things ingame. If you want to do so, have fun at being banned.
I couldn't give a damn for your secret 'guild' if that's what it really is.

I don't see players routinely rude and even violent to any of the races you just mentioned except Orcs. Orcs are brutes and therefore misunderstood, it's their nature. Sometiimes it's the RP fun which attracts people. An Orc 'city' would be in a cave such as ours is, just as Silverbrand is a refuge for Dwarves, and Vanima is for the Elves. If the other races want refuges, they only have to exclude other races as the Orcs, dwarves and even elves have.

I would think through your arguments first before setting yourself up for such an easy verbal trap.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Dunno about elves, but dwarves paid cold hard cash and other valuables for their holdout. I know.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

This conversation has gone extra retarded.