The halfling/dwarves spawn at the pigs pen

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Gil'Dran

The halfling/dwarves spawn at the pigs pen

Post by Gil'Dran »

To whoever did it; This was incredibly stupid. Thank you for nothing, I died without being able to defend myself. Bonus point and a medal to you.

Now that the flaming is over, I will present some arguements:

I found it incredibly not needed. People hunt pigs without armor, to be able to carry as much leather as possible. And also, people who were allready loaded with leathers weren't able to run because it worn them down. Thus, that was totally meaningless. There was no fun in it, except for maybe you because it probably brought a giggle to your mouth as you saw everyone run or hopelessly fight.

I hope it was worth it.

Nick
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Well at least you didn't get clouded 10-20 times in a row.. so be happy about it Lol :D
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:Well at least you didn't get clouded 10-20 times in a row.. so be happy about it Lol :D
That's called ressurection killing and if anyone did that they deserve to be banned.
Rasteel Olin

Post by Rasteel Olin »

Yes, I had to exit
I found it midly amusing. I have newly created this character, and don't enjoy having to run away from halflings or whatever they were, dressed up as a pig..
Last edited by Rasteel Olin on Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

You could just throw the leathers on the ground and then run I guess
Avalyon el'Hattarr

AlexRose wrote:
Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:Well at least you didn't get clouded 10-20 times in a row.. so be happy about it Lol :D
That's called ressurection killing and if anyone did that they deserve to be banned.
nah, it was a glinch.. not intentional.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

What happened?
Avalyon el'Hattarr

monsters found their way to the yellow cross, Lol. Instant kill :lol:
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:monsters found their way to the yellow cross, Lol. Instant kill :lol:
umm... the yellow cross should repel monsters. And what's this talk of halflings?
Rasteel Olin

Post by Rasteel Olin »

Unfortunately, I play on a very slow connection, which causes me to lag a lot. Therefore, I couldn't drop the items and run, that would have taken too much time, and I would have died. I simply ask for the magician or whomever is doing it, to spare some mercy to us new players to warm up to the game and find out how to play. I'm not even sure I know how to run..
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Just log if someone attacks you with no rp reason.
Damien

Post by Damien »

Logging off in fights isn't allowed. !gm someone who attacks you with no RP reason.
If you get surrounded by monsters, logging off isn't too nice anyhow, but not against the rules. The best is trying to avoid them.
Don't complain if your character gets beaten up by monsters only once. Today we had an accident where distance fighting monsters who were placed to "guard" a room went through a secret passage on their own and shot at the characters standing at the cross. The monsters had to be removed "manually" but in the meantime the characters trapped died 11 and 12 times. THAT's a thing where you can be angry. Anyhow for compensating the accident, the loot was a bit enhanced. ;)
Rasteel Olin

Post by Rasteel Olin »

I'm not complaining, I simply got a little confused, wasn't sure what was happening.
My apologies, I won't exit next time..
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

yes what exactly is the issue at hand? I dont understand what the problem is here? Are there dwarves and halfling at the pig spawns killing people or something?
Matron

Post by Matron »

They were
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Matron wrote:They were
PKing then?
Matron

Post by Matron »

Nope, no player-chars, npcs

EDIT: weak npcs
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Matron wrote:Nope, no player-chars, npcs

EDIT: weak npcs
Halfling and Dwarf bandits were spawning at the pig place in other words?
Theon

Post by Theon »

Topic title: The halfling/dwarves spawn at the pigs pen
Rasteel Olin

Post by Rasteel Olin »

Well, my character was simply farming pigs, and suddenly he turned into a pig himself, I thought it was a bug, then a horde of halflings were summoned and started assaulting me.
And happened to others too.
Damien

Post by Damien »

They were part of a small fun quest thing, but a player attacked the npc and scared it away, so the players couldn't figure out why the bandits followed the drunk fairy into town (and how) and noone got told the place of the bandit's treasure hideout, so we could forget the treasure hunt too.
Plus, some players still may have the shape of... something else... for just a little while ;)
Kragnarr

Post by Kragnarr »

Who need better loot when you lose a lot of skills ( was clouded 20 times or more ) only because of such a stupid thing?
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

I say how i feel as a player.

That quest was shit. sorry.

And also, the next time my welltrained magechar #mes the try to break the spell some drunk fairy casted over her, react. and dont ignore it!
Markous

Post by Markous »

It was probably one of Damien's quests.
Gil'Dran

Post by Gil'Dran »

Hey, I don't blame anyone for trying, you just tried a bit too hard. Yes, I was a bit angry that my character died, and I lost a little skillpoints, but I'm not anymore. You could have.. Put the quest in another way, so it was more understandable and stuff, but things turned out as they did, some got hurt, and.. We live on. Excuse me for whatever hard words I said.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Markous wrote:It was probably one of Damien's quests.
rofl
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Uhm, it was Damien. He is sorry. It went wrong. I did not read posts. Zomg!!!!! And I only died 9 times.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Markous wrote:It was probably one of Damien's quests.
QFT
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Damien wrote:Logging off in fights isn't allowed. !gm someone who attacks you with no RP reason.
If you get surrounded by monsters, logging off isn't too nice anyhow, but not against the rules. The best is trying to avoid them.
Don't complain if your character gets beaten up by monsters only once. Today we had an accident where distance fighting monsters who were placed to "guard" a room went through a secret passage on their own and shot at the characters standing at the cross. The monsters had to be removed "manually" but in the meantime the characters trapped died 11 and 12 times. THAT's a thing where you can be angry. Anyhow for compensating the accident, the loot was a bit enhanced. ;)
Damien, can I direct you to this Url and my question, 'is it ok to log during fights when there is no rp reason for the player to do so' and markous' reply 'yes'. Which is right?
http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=20763
Damien

Post by Damien »

He said that there will be a seer who talks to you if you do it :P which is right.