Trollsbane Election

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Fooser

Trollsbane Election

Post by Fooser »

The time has now come for things to be switched up, and three people have stepped forth offering to try for this job. Only citizens made vote, it will be public on this parchment, full names must be put under votes, or they will not be counted, no single letters, no initials.

Three who are running:
Liles
Mason Tremont
Constantine Valentine

This will last a few days, they may discuss things about themselves or the town as they wish, though it is not required. Voting will last a few days.

F
Last edited by Fooser on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rugh'toh

Post by Rugh'toh »

Meh nubs understand whub dis votes fer. New Kings? New Captains? New meats?

Meh confused

Rugh
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Governor
Rugh'toh

Post by Rugh'toh »

Governors da same likes King? Meh whub hab King fer leader! Stoopids title da Govry.

Rugh
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

When will the voting finally start? Or has it already started? And is it sure that those two want to be candidates?

~Lady Samantha Meryadeles~
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Yes it has begun, and those two wished to run
Michael Zanar

Post by Michael Zanar »

First off, this is a informational post on me and what I will bring to you as the Governor. Most people say I am to young to even be able to read, let alone run a town but I think differantly. I was raised in a small town in Albar. My father was a very respectible noble that had a large sum of influience on the government. He opposed the rule of only men as leaders in Albar, utimately leading to his death. He was beginning to get alot of supports when the king hung him and put his limbs on stakes near bridges, showing that all who oppose the goverment will die.
At the start of my life my father taught me politics, fairness, honestity, basics of fighting, and many languages. He taught me that woman were just as strong and just as good as men were and that we should treat them fairly, within the government and without. Shortly after my father's death I moved to Salkamar and studied with them for 2 years. That's what brings me here.
I know I'm young, new to the isle, and not well known ( if known at all) but I know I can run a town. I know more things about politics then most men. Enough of this matter though, I will list the things I plan to do with this town.

Repairing the town wall: I have walked these streets and found that the walls are completely wiped out in some areas. It may take some time and some work but I will try my best to build the walls back up, and to provide a safe haven to our residents. Please if I am elected send me a dove if your willing to make a donation.

The guard: I will make a armory for the town guard so that our guards are equiped well enough to actually ward off any treats. I will also impose a training regimen for the guards so they are actually slightly organised. The guards now are fairly strong but they need to train regularly to defeat the stronger evils of this land.

Peace treaties: Once Governor I will not try to make war with any other guilds or towns, therefore I will go to every town and try to sit up a peace treaty.

Make a suggestion's parchment: I have noticed in the past that every Governor has barely done this. I hope to bring this to the Government of Trolls Bane by making a suggestion parchment or thread that will will be their for the citizens of Trolls Bane. They will post, or lay a message their for me to read so I can help improve the goverment.

Open a Knighthood: I plan this as a vote type thing. I plan on making a knighthood of Trolls Bane, which will uphold the laws of Trolls Bane and serve as a leader in the army. It is just a plan, I would like to recieve some positive or negative feed back on this please.

Leaders: As of right now I see no problem with the current miltary leaders of this town. I see Revlen as a very accomplish man, but I think we need a few more Guardians of Trolls Bane's, which is vacent now.

I have many other ideas that I will not waste mine and your time writing them on this board, please send me a dove if your interested in hearing more.

Signed,
Constantine Valentine

P.S. I am sorry if this a late entry or not but the two above haven't even wrote what they bring to the table nor have I seen them around town.
D.C.

Post by D.C. »

As Mister Valentine is the only one running who has given a well thought out plan for the future of Trolls Bane I will be voting for him.

My vote is for Constantine Valentine

Phillippe Charboneau
Paladin of Elara
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

I, as well, will vote for Constantine Valentine.

-Orren Padick
Calilmal

Post by Calilmal »

I've just newly signed up as a citizen, but I guess I got a vote in this. Mister Valentine sounds good enough for the job, and my vote goes to him.

Yoruko
Samantha Meryadeles

I give my vote to mister Mason Tremont. I know him well enough to know that he will be a good governeur and that he has the abilitys to lead a town.

Samantha Meryadeles

Samanthsa hangs another paper up

Reading Mister Valentins letter i noticed he mentioned that he may be too young...i would like to ask him HOW young he really is.

Michael Zanar

Post by Michael Zanar »

Hmm, I had though that this election was only for Trolls Bane's citizens, no?

Unsigned
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Michael Zanar wrote:Hmm, I had though that this election was only for Trolls Bane's citizens, no?

Unsigned
You thought correct Sir Valentins. I would like to know what else you would do to rid Trollsbane of crime, And how you intend to make it stay like that.
Samantha Meryadeles

I AM a Trollsbane citizen.

Michael Zanar

Post by Michael Zanar »

A short young man comes to the board, pinning a neatly written note to the board, it would be hard for one to detrimine his age.

Well as I have mentioned above I will rebuild the town walls. I think that is one of the most major things that needs done to this town. This leaves a perfect escape root for any thief or bandit.
Improve the jailhouse. The house at the moment is very strong from what I have seen but I will test it a few times once I become the Governor.
The Training Regimen will be installed. Every knight ( which I will allow the citizens of Trolls Bane vote on) and Guard will be required to train at a certain time. I will understand if they miss but I plan to supply the armor, and the food.
More diversity of positions in the Trolls Bane army. So no matter what happens at what time of the day or month their is a higher chance of possibility of a men or women being there to defend.
Also as Stephen has said, the guards get lazy at times. As a guard does not mean you have to stand around all day looking for the first sight of danger but never take a break for a excess ammount of timing. I will enforce the guards ( and so will Relven if he stays as the Captain) to atleast check the town regularly.
I have many other views on ways of running this town. Please by all means ask more questions.

Signed,
ConStantine
Samantha Meryadeles

You haven't answered my question for your age, Mister Valentine. I hope you, as someone who want to be voted as new leader of the town, plan to ignore my question for something not unimportant in the election.

By the why, a knight is not voted. A true knight gets his title from his commanding noble. To use the word "knight" for an elected fighting group of a town whose leader is voted by the towns citizens is a pervertation of the words meaning and the rank of a knight.

Michael Zanar

Post by Michael Zanar »

I have no idea of my birth date. I would say 19 although I do not look it. And who said I was going to be a leader of these knights? Also, may I ask why your trying to fight Mason's battle for him?

ConStantine
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

A young man, Looking about 16 years old, Walks up to the board and pins a messy note to it.
My vote gose to Constantine Valentine, After a discussion, He convinced me he has this town, And its people in his best interest.

Evan Ross
Last edited by Evan Ross on Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nerisella Shortankard

Post by Nerisella Shortankard »

Mister Constantine,

The point in Lady Meryadeles' post was to inform you that the knights are not voted in, as you said they would, they attain their rank by showing they are worthy to those in charge in the oder of the Knights of Kallahorn. Secondly, she is not fighting Mason's battle, she is merely questioning your promises, something all voters should have a right to do as it is, after all, affecting them.

Best of wishes,

Nerisella Shortankard
Michael Zanar

Post by Michael Zanar »

It is ethier I made a mistake in my writing or you in your reading for the voting part will be for the voting if their will even be a knighthood. Not for the knights.

Signed,
ConStantine
Nerisella Shortankard

Post by Nerisella Shortankard »

Mister Constantine,

Perhaps if I reposted what you wrote, you would see what she and I mean.
Every knight ( which I will allow the citizens of Trolls Bane vote on) and Guard will be required to train at a certain time.
Perhaps we misunderstood your words, and it would be nice if you could reword what you wrote.

Nerisella Shortankard
Michael Zanar

Post by Michael Zanar »

The young man walks slowly to the board, his face slightly flushed.

I was hastily writting this. Let me repharse it.

Every member of the knighthood ( which I will allow the citizens of Trolls Bane to vote if their is a knighthood or not) or guard Guard will be required to train at a certain time.

ConStantine
Galahan

Post by Galahan »

I would vote for this Constantine if I knew what the others were like could someone tell me what they are like.

Galahan

Besides Liles...
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Lady Meryadeles, if I may say so, a 19 year old has reached adulthood and is fit to run a town.

Signed at 18,
~Sir William Elderberry~
~Lord of Caelum~
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

In my eyes age is a mere number and maturity is what truly counts. After all, human age is nothing to the elves yet we are not treated as children (tho sometimes we should). Constantine Valentines arguements and writings on how he would make Trolls Bane a better place show that he at least has a plan. As of yet neither Paladin to be Mason nor Liles have even written what they would do, surely doing this would only raise their chance of being elected.

Stephen Rothman
Owner of The Arena!

P.S. Drop by the Arena in 15 minutes for a free concert, it would be wonderful if a future Governor attended!
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Voting will continue for a few more days.

F
pelopedankun

Post by pelopedankun »

I, Pelope Dankun, vote for Constantine Valentine. I like his plan for Troll's Bane, alothough I live in Greenbriar. I believe he will make Troll's Bane better for everybody.

Pelope Dankun
Greenbriar
Adynilf
Samantha Meryadeles

I want to inform everyone again that just citizens of Trollsbane are allowed to vote. And also that just those votes can be counted which are signed.
It is useless when citizen of Greensbriar vote, or when you don't write your name under your vote.

Also it seems mister Tremont is currently not available. I don'T know the reasons for that, but I as a citizen would appreciate if you could wait for the ending of the election until Mister Tremont is found. Until we can be sure that he is safe and in good conditions and has no serious problems which keep him from writing here down.

((could be the player cant come online. wouldnt be fair to let that ooc reason hinder him in the election))

pelopedankun

Post by pelopedankun »

My apologies. I paid no heed to the part when I first read the bulliten. Please disregard my note.

Pelope Dankun
Greenbriar
Adynilf