Germna speaking orcs

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Skaalib Drurr

Germna speaking orcs

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

How would a orc speak German? Has anyone thought about this.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

It's just a language. Does that mean you're saying those who speak german only SHOULDN'T be allowed to play orcs? Hey, how about making speaking german, AKA the old language, mandatory for elves! GREAT ideas!
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Dónal Mason wrote:It's just a language. Does that mean you're saying those who speak german only SHOULDN'T be allowed to play orcs? Hey, how about making speaking german, AKA the old language, mandatory for elves! GREAT ideas!
He only asked if anyone had ever considered the accent orcs have in german, he didn't say that germans shouldn't play orcs.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

i think Uzga spoke german. She spoke like a Ork pretty well too.
Markous

Post by Markous »

Orcs have a very strong accent in german, sometimes even more then in english.
Gro'bul

Re: Germna speaking orcs

Post by Gro'bul »

Skaalib Drurr wrote:How would a orc speak German? Has anyone thought about this.
They are speaking the "common language", or non-racial language that everyone can understand, its not [Ger]*********K***, but the true letters. However theres primarily the "old" and "new" common language so to speak, meaning German and English.
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Gro'bul wrote:
Skaalib Drurr wrote:How would a orc speak German? Has anyone thought about this.
They are speaking the "common language", or non-racial language that everyone can understand, its not [Ger]*********K***, but the true letters. However theres primarily the "old" and "new" common language so to speak, meaning German and English.
I know this. Perhaps I phrased my question wrongly. What accent would a orc have speaking German?
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Gro'bul wrote:
You'd have to be a complete retard to not realise this. C'mon give him some credit! He didn't mean that at all!
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Sorry, 12AM just getting up, people have asked dumber questions. Thats what I get for dealing with the general population at my job. >_> Not to mention your post is not on topic at all AlexRose.

Since I don't speak German I wouldn't know, I can only imagine is very "barbaric" considering German is a very harsh sounding language, which is why the Romans called them barbarians I guess, ironic. :) I think we need to have someone draw the mouth structure of the average orc and we can analyze how they would sound further. Damien where are youu?
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

well, I never played an orc, just my two cents:

yes, German language sounds harsh already, orcs should pronounce it even worse :?

rolling the R badly
swallowing syllables
speaking quite bad German

let me thinks about some examples, I'll return to this later :wink:
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

form your description a english speaking player who know just a little german will do fine.. :D
WickedEwok

Post by WickedEwok »

I remember a bunch of german orcs called 'die horde' who also destroyed the workshop at trolls bane ,) but this has been a long time ago and the orcs were murdered ,) Maybe the players are around and can help you with that hehe
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:form your description a english speaking player who know just a little german will do fine.. :D
heh, probably ... give it a try :wink: