Forced RP

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sanazry Nosard

Forced RP

Post by Sanazry Nosard »

Ok this is something that bugs me. Today I wraped my one arm around a guy that robbed me and put a dagger to his throat. Didn't give him a choice in the matter. Bit forced rp but hey. No matter how fast you are you are not going to dodge this and live if the guy came up from behind and you were leaving a bar. You simply couldn't dodge it. Then he goes to hit me useing the hilt of his axe. As he does I slit his throat deeply. Now this is the part the really bugs me. After what should be almost INSTANT DEATH he turns around and attacks me. I mention this OOC but then he complains about me sneaking up on him and holding the dagger to his throat in the first place, said it was forced rp. I say that in some cituations, like my dagger to his throat, if there should be a chance for the guy to get out of it. There wouldn't have been the slightest chance of him avoiding it in rl so why should there be a chance for him to rp out of it in the game. I want to know how many other people think that in some situations there shouldn't be a choice. Sorry if this was a bit of a rant but it really bugged me.
Nerian Finera

Post by Nerian Finera »

that's a situation i know...and actually...it's highly forced...you should try to give him some chance...the trick with the dagger to the throat is always a strange situation...but always try to give him a chance, if you don't do, it's forced rp

oh...and i would like to apologise for repeating some words...thank you :lol:
Last edited by Nerian Finera on Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

In cases of forced RP, the victim can choose to ignore that aspect of the situation.
Sanazry Nosard

Post by Sanazry Nosard »

Ok next time he gets a rustling of a cloak before the dagger. as for nalzaxx's coment he didn't ignore it, he played on it.
Poots

Post by Poots »

sure he had crappy role play, but you forced rp so you can't really blame him. answer: yes that is forced roleplay
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Illarion is like... kindergarten. No matter how shitty you do, you always get a gold star as long as you do it. And everyone should have a fair chance at everything. Blah. I don't believe a single word I just said, but that's the general impression I get from the community's more-than-willing responses about situations like this.

Next time an event takes place that forces my character to do something, I'm gonna cry 'force RP,' even if its a staff member, simply because of the "fair chance" crap everyone is talking about.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

In good rp you have to give the others always a chance to react. Otherwise it's forced and not allowed.
Would you like to be killed without any chance to prevent?
Don't forget this is a game, that should be fun for everyone, and not rl.
Noon

Post by Noon »

You cant win in the situation, on numerous occasion i have done this :

#me rests a small blade lightly against the mans side

(( This situation has come from my character being behind the man, or up close and speaking to the man for some time ))

And the typical response you get it either a:

#me starts doing this ninja shit i just invented and kick your arse

or b:

#me quickly throws my elbow back to stagger you and withdraw my double axe

and c:

*They run*
Ku 'Agor
Location: LOL PANCAKES - "Ich möchte ein paar wirklich gute Pfannkuchen."

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Or d:
((OMGZ WTF U CANT HURT MY CHAR I WONT ALLOW ITS!!!!!1!!!!!11!!! -logoff-))
Neela Rabenfeder

Post by Neela Rabenfeder »

maybe they think it's a bit wiry if all five minutes someone puts a dagger to their throats? think about it ;)
Gort Greegog

Post by Gort Greegog »

Besides all that above you will only be able to rob the people want to be robbed. I mean isent robbing some one forced rp? Your forcing them to give up possessions.
Noon

Post by Noon »

Neela Rabenfeder wrote:maybe they think it's a bit wiry if all five minutes someone puts a dagger to their throats? think about it ;)
Bless you dear ;)

What i meant was i had used the time to get close to the person before withdrawing the dagger ;)
Dom Bompatill Dent Ings

Post by Dom Bompatill Dent Ings »

Your right osme people if they are faced in a near death situation like knife to throat they arent going to let you do it, some people want to live so they turn around and do some ninja shit or What ku said.

A good resolution to this might be:

#me is behind the man breathing slowly down his neck while drawing his dagger.

Or something like that as then they could fell the breathing on their neck turn to see it is you and then run or they wouldnt fell it an then get their throat cut. :wink:

And Gort robbing someone doesnt have to be forced RP :P
Sahara Rosaci

Post by Sahara Rosaci »

Lol, There are some things that Noon means that happens quite alot. Any thief around knows that You can only steal from certain people, as such, those people bitch and moan that they get stolen from alot. It's just the way it is kinda, Since you have to RP thieving, It gets difficult. Right my twin? :)
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Hm.. when i steal from chars i choose anyone, even the theives themselves. :)
Sahara Rosaci

Post by Sahara Rosaci »

Noon and I don't use force, untill they attack back. I take it your a bandit and not a thief ;). Grant and his bandits tried to attack Varshikar, Didn't turn out well it didn't. ;)
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

No i am not a bandit or a theif, i am a Undead who likes killing mortals and takes things because they are shiney.
Hadre Taliset

Post by Hadre Taliset »

why nice mental picture retlak
Ku 'Agor
Location: LOL PANCAKES - "Ich möchte ein paar wirklich gute Pfannkuchen."

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Hadre Taliset wrote: Image
why nice mental picture retlak
Owned.