New entry rules

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

xBaurusx

New entry rules

Post by xBaurusx »

I have to say these new ways to get in without checking are terrible... there is a kid named Penis growth... another, Master Legoles... i mean! its just getting out of control.. its only a matter of time before Illarion turns into runescape! None of them can rp for beans ether...! anyone else agree?!
Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

I agree. I made Penis Growth as a joke. Now deleted. Its ridiculous though, I could get a name like that!
Hadre Taliset

Post by Hadre Taliset »

hell yeah, there was this one dude that got banned who was named Dfdk!
Another one was something THE CLOWN!
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

How often have you encountered these characters? I've only seen them on the online player list, and they certainly haven't disrupted me yet.
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

ive been encountered more that 6 times.
Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

I disrupted Azuros and his 2 friends with Penis Growth.
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

that was me and rainny
Jalen Noel

Post by Jalen Noel »

I understand the spirit of wanting to make it easier for newcomers to get started in Illarion, but I don't think it's worth sacrificing the integrity and quality of the game. I think we can all give witness to one or more incidents where newcomers who'd have never been accepted under the old rules have come in and acted like fools. If it's still under debate at all, I would petition for the old system to come back. If nothing else, at least some form of screening should be implemented.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

I loved to be attacked by an orc called Hardcore Fat... This change in the account system was a, big mistake, it sint helping Illarion in anyway, and I dont see why it has been done. We cannot even afford more players because it becomes laggy like freacking hell when we are 30, why would we do such a thing? I see no point at all, telling me to let this system a chance wont make me care really..there is no advantages from it, this is only a step closer to Runescape, I have seen the overall RP degrading slightly since it is implemented, it can be changed back and about 80% of the players think it should be done, thats all I got to say.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I disagree, the game is fine. Any problem is solved within 24 hours.
Grant

Post by Grant »

I want to add one point to what Arameh said. It is also harder to walk and read all the stuff people are saying. Which makes it a whole lot harder to roleplay.
Last edited by Grant on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

It means we will have more players, maybe not the quintessential roleplayer, but he/she can be trained. More players can help the game. Putting up with a bad name hear and there isn't that bad.
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

well we should at least put a warning when you sign up for an account stating it is ROLEPLAYING the name must not be.. ect and such like in the help section
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Please enter your character data, race and sex.
After this, you can enter the attributes for your character.
Please check the name rules
Furthermore you should have a look on the background of the races
From account system V 2.0. As well, the frontpage outlines the games intentions quite well.
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

no one pays attention to that...
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

xBaurusx wrote:no one pays attention to that...
xBaurusx wrote:well we should at least put a warning when you sign up for an account stating it is ROLEPLAYING the name must not be.. ect and such like in the help section
Umm, Alright. The warnings and help is there.
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

i meant like maybe a popup? people pay attention to that stuff.
Cassandra Fjurin

Post by Cassandra Fjurin »

no currently i see no need to get the account system back.
Why?
Only because there is in 3 % of the time one or two players with bad names online? And this players are banned within a few minutes. in the last week i have seen a bad name one time and he was banned after 1 hour (as far as i know)

if you got reskilled again and again, and we have bad names every 2 minutes then we can think of bringing the acc sys back but not if we have 2 bad names a day.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

xBaurusx wrote:i meant like maybe a popup? people pay attention to that stuff.
Yea, I always read popup adds. We can only do SO much. A little bad names may mean a LOT more players. The screw-ups will be dealt with and they can decide to stay or leave, but this system is much more friendlier.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Cassandra Fjurin wrote:no currently i see no need to get the account system back.
Why?
Only because there is in 3 % of the time one or two players with bad names online? And this players are banned within a few minutes. in the last week i have seen a bad name one time and he was banned after 1 hour (as far as i know)

if you got reskilled again and again, and we have bad names every 2 minutes then we can think of bringing the acc sys back but not if we have 2 bad names a day.

I still see no point in keeping it like this, to have more players? At peaks I just log out because they are all in trollsbane and we cant RP at all because we use all our time reading everyone's text, the technical of the game is not alright to support to many players.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

I still see no point in keeping it like this, to have more players? At peaks I just log out because they are all in trollsbane and we cant RP at all because we use all our time reading everyone's text, the technical of the game is not alright to support to many players.
We WANT more players. You can always move your conversation away or to a less crowded area. Better yet, visit another town. The isle is HUGE.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

The lag too when there are 30 players
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Arameh_ wrote:The lag too when there are 30 players
This game wasn't made for a small elite group of people to horde it. Just because you are playing now doesn't mean that you get the special privledge to decide how the game mechanics work. As well, I have hardly any lag, even with 32 people online and other connections going on as well.
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

good point Arameh..
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

When there is 30 players, most of the time, peoples tend to stop moving frequently, everyone is laggy, everything is laggy, the server has high chances to freeze, I dont know where you get your idea not to get lag when 30 ig, cause then we arent playing the same game sorry.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Arameh_ wrote:When there is 30 players, most of the time, peoples tend to stop moving frequently, everyone is laggy, everything is laggy, the server has high chances to freeze, I dont know where you get your idea not to get lag when 30 ig, cause then we arent playing the same game sorry.
We don't have the same computer or connection, so I don't know where you get the assumption that WE are to have the same experience. The game was more laggy when 20 people online (and it was a different reason besides playercount). This game isn't about your experience, its about everyone. Limiting the community to a few people because they don't like a bad seed here and there is rediculous.
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

but makeing the community to allow everyone in like this so easily will eventualy overflow illarion.. what happens when one person skips the ban.. then two.. then four.. it will eventualy happen and illa will be ruined.
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

Personally... I thinkt he *account approval* should be reinstated, but leave the name approval off. Make sure they know their *** from a hole in the ground as far as RP goes, then let them loose to be trained by older players.

Of course, a tutorial of some sort will help dramatically, which I hear is in the works. But, in classic Illarion style, we inacted the second half before completing the first half ;) (But I still love you devs! lol)
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

My connection is great, and when I mean that WE lag, I mean temporary freezes where everyone lags for a moment. Im off this topic, if you want a bunch of players to make it less fun for everyone already here, do it.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

xBaurusx wrote:but makeing the community to allow everyone in like this so easily will eventualy overflow illarion.. what happens when one person skips the ban.. then two.. then four.. it will eventualy happen and illa will be ruined.
Skips the ban?

How long do you think it would last? The illarion crew is taking stuff up pretty quickly. Stop trying to make this game for a small special group.
My connection is great, and when I mean that WE lag, I mean temporary freezes where everyone lags for a moment. Im off this topic, if you want a bunch of players to make it less fun for everyone already here, do it.
When you lag it looks like everyone lags. It doesn't mean they are lagging as well.