Trial of Stephen Rothman

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Fooser

Trial of Stephen Rothman

Post by Fooser »

Stephen is being tried for prostitution.
Last edited by Fooser on Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

I would be interested in knowing the details for each of these charges.

Nalzaxx
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

They will be given soon.

F
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

I've changed my mind, as it was used for. While I never agreed with this cult, I cannot defend stephen now, but the fault is in all. The damage has already been done.

~Brer Beothach~
Meriel Pelith
Location: In the meadow of sinful thoughts every flower is a perfect one.

Post by Meriel Pelith »

Stephen wishes me to write that no one should try to free him. He wishes that the trial is held publically so all can hear and understand the charges and his reasoning for all of them. He is confident he did nothing wrong and hopes for once the trial system will at least be used.

~ Meriel Pelith
Arameh

Re: Trial of Stephen Rothman

Post by Arameh »

Fooser wrote:Stephen Rothman is under arrest for the following charges:
Accepting a Bribe
Threatening the Security of Trollsbane, and the island
Governorship Misconduct (multiple counts)
Breaking a diplomatic contract
Resisting Arrest

A trial will be help, evidence has been gathered from multiple sources. Anyone interfering with this process is truly foolish, and I feel sorry for them. Of course, Stephen will spread lies about how me and Samantha are taking over, or whatever his latest theory is. But of course, he fails to mention that whether it is an assassin breaking the law, or the governor of Trollsbane, the procedure is the same. Of course, Stephen would also not like that to be the case for many reasons.

Again, Stephen will no doubt try to convince you I am out to get him for power reasons, and again I will prove him wrong as a trial will be held, in a similar fashion as all the others that have entered the prison.

We are already satisfied with the evidence we have gathered against Stephen on all charges. But if you have any other charges or information involving these, please contact a non-biased source, which unfortunately doesn't seem to be the guards of Trollsbane any longer. Three jurors will be selected at random, and a date will be coming soon.

Fooser

Charges

1: Accepting a bribe : He did accept some materials from the cult, which were used to build the town, and as well as a peace truce, that truce having conditions in which the city would declare war on them if hostility would be seen.

2: Threatening the Security of Trollsbane, and the island : He has hired guards, knighthood members, and strenghtened the walls. It is now much more safe in Trollsbane than before he was in power.

3: Governorship Misconduct (multiple counts) : The only counts I see is attacking banned peoples because they were dangerous to Trollsbane's population.

4: Breaking a diplomatic contract : I dont know about that, but I would be curious to see the contract and the way he "broke" it.

5: Resisting Arrest : Stephen was not resisting at all, I have seen the whole thing, he even offered to go drop his weapons in the depot, he offered it!

I think my point is clear, this is a coup d'état!
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

I respect Stephen not wanting anyone tor escue him meriel but that will not stop me, Stephen a close friend of mine and i will risk getting killed for his justice.

Baurus
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

I was present for both Stephen's "accepting a bribe" and "resisting arrest", and I will speak as a witness for him on either or both counts.

When more details are provided on the other counts, I may or may not have more that I can in good conscience speak out on.

~Maggie Kemoc~

((Woopsie ;) Sig added))
Last edited by NirAntae on Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Greetings Arameh,

You were not there the entire time. Neither was the second person who did not sign their paper?

Fooser
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Fooser wrote:Greetings Arameh,

You were not there the entire time. Neither was the second person who did not sign their paper?

Fooser
It dosent means my says are wrong, he didnt try to flee thats certain.

Post by Fooser »

That means he didn't resist when you were there, which is true. Samantha and others can tell otherwise from before that point.

F
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Fooser wrote:That means he didn't resist when you were there, which is true. Samantha and others can tell otherwise from before that point.

F
A governor speaking that he dosent want to be jailed in his own jail in the town that got built because of him, by commoners, outsiders and a controling vice - governor, with no real reasons and by using force?
Yeah I remember, he really has been a bad boy.

Post by Fooser »

Yes, Stephen Rothman invented Trollsbane.

F
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

Stephen Rothman is innocent of most of those accounts, the others I know nothing about, so I can say nothing. He has done nothing to threaten the security of Trolls Bane, only to help it. He built new walls and helped revive the guard. As for resisting arrest, as Arameh said, he offered to lay down his weapons, and as far as the sane people react, laying down your weapon is an act of peace, not violence. He even walked to the jail with you, saying nothing in his defence. Governors misconduct...a very sad accusation. Governor Rothman has done much for the town, including ascting as one of the guard. To say the least, he is an active Governor, I wish I could say the same for you as Vice Governor. Stephen has killed, yes, but only those who are considered a threat, such as those who have been banned. I know I only repeat as Arameh said, but emphasis is something needed here. You charges are empty, as there can be no evidence for something a man didn't do. Perhaps you will be jailed for treason? That would be a change. Good luck, once Stephen is free, you will surely need it.

Sincerely,
Alli Zelos
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Since Fooser has changed his original posting, i assume the Governer has been freed?

Aristeaus~
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

If not, I'm going to let him out, This trial is a joke as Fooser has just shown, and has done by this act, Treason. As all three of those have.

Taylor Windslasher
Regular of the Guard

a parchment is added after the teen had signed it, obviously going somewhere and coming back with these two notes, written in his hand, but copied from somewhere
§7. Guards, Knights, Squires, Recruits and Pages
Full members of the guard are empowered to levy a ban or imprison for a day as they see fit or act within the laws laid down above. A Knight has the power to also ban for a single day but lacks the power to imprison. If someone refuses to accept the ban the Knight is to give a single warning and then act accordingly to a banned person.
Recruits of the guard as well as Squires and Pages of Trolls Bane are free to answer any act of violence with necessary force and may of course act accordingly when encountering anyone currently banned from town within the town.
§ 12.3 Impersonating a Government official is not only dangerous but now against the law. Impersonating any member of the Government, (saying you are a town guard and banning people), will earn you a harsh fine of 100 coins. Repeatedly doing it can cost you a fine of 150 coins and a days ban from Trolls Bane.
I believe these apply to you three, Fooser, Samantha, and Dhaeraow. Learn the rules before you try something this stupid.
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

Finally, someone does some research.

Alli Zelos
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

It seems they left the bit out about how Fooser is a government official. Atleast, he does a good job impersonating a Vice-Governor.

~Brer Beothach~
Silo

Post by Silo »

Taylor wrote:If not, I'm going to let him out, This trial is a joke as Fooser has just shown, and has done by this act, Treason. As all three of those have.

Taylor Windslasher
Regular of the Guard
Ill help

Qill
Recruit of the Guard
Liles

Post by Liles »

Glad to see you offering a hand but I do think Taylor can handle opening a cell and letting out the governor.

Liles
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Just remember to put him back before the days is up. You don't want to break any laws now.

~Brer Beothach~
Llama

Post by Llama »

This writing is done in red ink

The governor is a corrupt sinner.. may the flood come and cleanse the town

No signature
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

I have written a similar partchament on the wall so this one shall be brief. Should Stephen be held in my jail without me or one of my guards putting him there he WILL be released. If you protest this action, come to me personally and I will show you that when you imprison someone without even notifying the town guard, there are consequences. And as the young windslasher put it, this is nothing less than treason.

Revlen,
captain of the town guard
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

Meh sees only one solution ter dis, if Stephen is one yoo dis likes, yoo sud come and join Varshikar. Dis town is nut corrupted and surrounded by preaty words dat confuses da people. If yoo been called trator for helpen da town by getten rid of da leader or if yoo cun nub longer stand da matter and all da controversy round it, come ter da north. Building will start soon ter make Varshikar more livable. Any one who joins is guarinteed safty, My axe will be eber watchful fer ones who tries hurt future Varshikarians.

Gabon
Leader of Varshikars Milita