New-NPCs_Problems

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Lennier

New-NPCs_Problems

Post by Lennier »

Fine, some NPCs do not work correctly. Some mistakes are my mistakes. Other ones seems to be strange. Please write down what you find out.

For example:

- Tony Baggins says, that he sells bottles of elven wine but he does not sells them
- Borgate Northoff says, that there is a refund on the goblets, all drinks are in iron goblets, but he only wants cooper goblets.
- Eliza does not react on some keywords .
- Sorgan Stonemate does not react on anything.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

the dwarf and human at the workshop are screwed up, The human says hello, but thats it
~Firladiel~

Post by ~Firladiel~ »

The lizard only sells you one of each thing you wish to buy. If you say I want five trout, he sells you one. Ask for ten and he sells you one, etc.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

I think the npcs should work now.

Nitram
Saradomin_Meranwyn

Post by Saradomin_Meranwyn »

The dwarf in the tavern in Trollsbane says Hi, thats it. He sells you nothing no matter how you say it. And his dialogues are VERY bad. The grammar and word usages don't go together.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Eliza says she'll sell you a two handed sword but gives you a longsword. Change it to her saying she'll sell you a long sword
Nymus Nottenfid

Post by Nymus Nottenfid »

Saradomin_Meranwyn wrote:The dwarf in the tavern in Trollsbane says Hi, thats it. He sells you nothing no matter how you say it. And his dialogues are VERY bad. The grammar and word usages don't go together.
The english is done badly. I think an English speaker should look over the english sayings and make sure they make sense.
Nymus Nottenfid

Sorgan, the dwarf outside the TB workshop, talks about Eliza when you ask "What do you pay for plate armor" and give no price. I'd like to know if its worth it first...

Toni Baggins faces the wrong way. And he doesn't react to Help.
Isilwen

Post by Isilwen »

The human on the top floor of the tavern only says "I sell" when you ask him to list his wares
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Nymus Nottenfid wrote:The english is done badly. I think an English speaker should look over the english sayings and make sure they make sense.
Feel free to do it
Nymus Nottenfid wrote:Sorgan, the dwarf outside the TB workshop, talks about Eliza when you ask "What do you pay for plate armor" and give no price. I'd like to know if its worth it first...
you should ask for the --> PRICE <--
Narmir wrote:The human on the top floor of the tavern only says "I sell" when you ask him to list his wares
Because he sells nothing
Nymus Nottenfid

Nitram,

It makes no sense asking "What do you pay for plate armor?" And getting the response. "Do not trust the Lizard in the shop and her waste. My armors are better! I have chain shirts, plate armors, dwarvenplates and short blue steel greaves."

I'm not asking anything to do with Eliza. And the "what do you pay for..." gives prices for other items, like emeralds for example.

And if I had access to the file(s) with the english text, I would volunteer to do some of it. I don't know how much I could do, so I would not ask for all of it. I work 40 hours a week, in the mornings, so I am somewaht worn out when I'm home. If another person could help me, that would be good.
Saradomin_Meranwyn

Post by Saradomin_Meranwyn »

Have no phear, ur homie is here. :wink: :lol:
Rinya

Post by Rinya »

Nymus Nottenfid wrote:Nitram,

It makes no sense asking "What do you pay for plate armor?" And getting the response. "Do not trust the Lizard in the shop and her waste. My armors are better! I have chain shirts, plate armors, dwarvenplates and short blue steel greaves."

I'm not asking anything to do with Eliza. And the "what do you pay for..." gives prices for other items, like emeralds for example.

And if I had access to the file(s) with the english text, I would volunteer to do some of it. I don't know how much I could do, so I would not ask for all of it. I work 40 hours a week, in the mornings, so I am somewaht worn out when I'm home. If another person could help me, that would be good.
This one was more a matter of keywords in the coding rather than grammatical or other linguistic errors. We're still going through and reworking some things like this.

Of course, any dialogue for NPCs is still welcome, I believe.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Nymus Nottenfid wrote: It makes no sense asking "What do you pay for plate armor?" And getting the response. "Do not trust the Lizard in the shop and her waste. My armors are better! I have chain shirts, plate armors, dwarvenplates and short blue steel greaves."
NPCs are very complex and you have to look at, that there is no overlap in the triggers. Sometimes i missed and produced some little failors. :? But its a good case to learn, so the next NPCs becomes better :wink:

In this case there is an overlap of 2 different triggers. The NPC does not know about them and gives the first response he has.

At "What do you pay for plate armor?" he reacts in the same way like at "What armors do you have?" because the second case is part of the first. It is a question of what keywords are needed. We do not work with whole sentences. The second has to be changed a little bit, so that both can work. Maybe "What smithed armors do you have?"...

We found some more cases of this kind and try to solve them.
Marie Tolong

Post by Marie Tolong »

The merchant Maris when asked to list wares, responds by saying I trade in fabrics and workclothes. Can he give an actual list as to what they are?
Papoitsi

Post by Papoitsi »

It seems he won't tell you what he sells--but he sells everything he buys, except for gray cloth. He also sells dyed cloth.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

armor prices are insanely imbalanced, sent you a PM explaining
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

Salathe wrote:armor prices are insanely imbalanced, sent you a PM explaining
so are axes. I only checked long axe.

Handle-5 copper each generally
Ingot-being sold for 10 copper each by Sorgan

Longaxe sells to Sorgan for 12 copper. Not including adjustsments to price for failure rates, 12 does not even cover the materials.

Also, we lack a sword dealer it seems. Will this be changed?
Rinya

Post by Rinya »

Pocal wrote:Also, we lack a sword dealer it seems. Will this be changed?
Yes.
Gromblun

Post by Gromblun »

AAAH i want to buy the LARGE WARAXE not the waraxe that costs more you stupid dwarf im gonna kill you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

I think its really cool how the game gets updated but i get very annoyed when the NPCs dont work.
Rinya

Post by Rinya »

Gromblun wrote:I think its really cool how the game gets updated but i get very annoyed when the NPCs dont work.
Don't contradict yourself now. :P Didn't you just show here that you understand everything is in progress and still getting updated?

There are several handfuls of NPCs in Illa right now, and with only more coming on the way. Not only do we need to go through and re-re-proofread all of their coding, but we also need to creatively coordinate both the dialogue and trigger of item numbers so that problems like all the listed above don't happen, as well as numerous other problems. Have some patience. It'll do you good. :wink:
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

Sorgan will not buy my long axe (was executioner's axe in submenu, but claims its a long axe in my bag) and wont buy my dwarfen axe as in the submenu its called a longaxe.

Any way we can have names of items be the same for item and production? Its really annoying. I have no idea what "longaxe" Sorgan will buy.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

yes the names in craft menu being different than actual names is INSANELY annoying, only a few weapons/armors have the same name in both menus
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Salathe. if you are annoyed about this, you can change them. I send you 2000 Scripts and you change all the names, by hand, ok? ^^
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Is that an "I dare you"?
Galim

Post by Galim »

At "What do you pay for plate armor?" he reacts in the same way like at "What armors do you have?" because the second case is part of the first. It is a question of what keywords are needed. We do not work with whole sentences. The second has to be changed a little bit, so that both can work. Maybe "What smithed armors do you have?"...
you could also list the triggers "[Ww]hat+[Aa]rmor" before "[Ww]hat+[Pp]late+[Aa]rmor, this way he will take "what armor" when just written "what armor" but the "what plate armor" when written "what plate armor", it would work fine ;)
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Nitram wrote:Salathe. if you are annoyed about this, you can change them. I send you 2000 Scripts and you change all the names, by hand, ok? ^^
Actually, the objection is well founded. The name for an item should be the same everywhere in the game.

So I'd rather say that currently the names of those items are added manually in every script, so lookat, crafting and traders can have different names for the same thing.

The new server that is currently the test server knows the items, so once it becomes the game server it will be easy to rewrite the scripts to use uniform names. Until then, it is troublesome, but also very hard to fix.

So I'd formulate it this way: Please be patient - or if you really want to have it changed now, you're welcome to help. It's just a matter of looking up numbers in long lists and copying names.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Well also when we ask Eliza for "price of Lor-Angur armor"she dont say anything this armor dont really work with Eliza i just want to compare the prices.Ah and thats good that we can see what we buy at Eliza now but it would be great to see the price below the item too.
Rand Kalhan Al'Vega

Post by Rand Kalhan Al'Vega »

Hi! few problems... I can't seem to buy steel gloves or boots from eliza and I can't sell half leather armor to the NPC south of the shop in the corner of town... If you need help NOW I like tediuos number jobs... they're my favorite!

PO Rand

EDIT: thats a hint... if you have any tedious work you have no time for I will help bear the load.

- Armeh has a point... is the eliza viewing thingy like a bag that we see into but can't remove anything? could you just put in a certain number of each item to make a number? then though.. there is a factor of the maximum number being 250.. unless thats just a thing we players have and you could change that for eliza
Alnerith Dencort

Post by Alnerith Dencort »

i'm getting really frustrated because i can't sell anything to the npc like the guy who is supposed to buy grey cloth says that he doesn't buy it but when i ask him what he buys it's on the list. and the guy by the farmland to the south of trollsbane doesn't say anything when i try to sell him trout but it's on his list of stuff he buys. I think there should be a list of what we have to call each item when we talk to the npc because they obviously don't call the items by their name that you get when you click on them. i can't get any money because of this and so i am poor