A Groove has been sighted, but i seems to be a Maze

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Galadriel

Post by Galadriel »

Today i wandered the norteastern regions and found a huge forest.  i tried to venture into its darkness and soon got lost.  but after a long and demanding deeking i found its center, a place of bliss and tranquility.
finding out afterwards prooved as difficult as getting in, so wanderer, be carefull if you dare to enter its winding path as you might get lost.
Sjealesh

Post by Sjealesh »

Oh, thiss soundsss interessting. And I alwayss thhought Ifff you go furthher north than to the creekh you'll get to thhe end of thhhe world.
Damien

Post by Damien »

That needs to be explored.
Nosaj

Post by Nosaj »

I too have found many trees and hidden caves.  One of which was far south of the skeleton infested house.  While chopping through a dense area of trees I spotted a cave.  Upon entering the hidden place a demon attacked!  It fought bravely but my wit bested him.  I pummled his knee with my chin and smashed his fist with my chest.  In order to maintain a peaceful balance with nature I assumed the form of a cloud and let the foul demon retreat.

(Edited by Nosaj at 11:31 am on Mar. 12, 2001)
Bror

Post by Bror »

The groove Galdriel was talking about, is a lot more hidden. She showed it to me yersterday, so I may see it with my own eyes. The forest was very dense, so we couldn't see the sun shining above our heads. Even with the guide of Galadriel, it took us several minutes to reach the inner heart of the groove. But there we stood in a very lovely, quiet place, where we could sit down in a small cottage, or stand at the river, catching fresh fish (to be exact, Galadriel stood AT the river, and I stood IN the river).
Eleanor Rigby

Post by Eleanor Rigby »

[deleted]

(Edited by Eleanor Rigby at 10:23 pm on Mar. 14, 2001)
Eleanor Rigby

Post by Eleanor Rigby »

[deleted ... damm, I hate it]

(Edited by Eleanor Rigby at 10:26 pm on Mar. 14, 2001)
Sjealesh

Post by Sjealesh »

I have been there. I walked through the forests in the norrhern part of Illarion. And if you ask me, I would say the trees there are no trees.
We where four, Damien, Taun, Galadriel and me. But only three of us came back. The bard, Taun, got lost somewere. And the trees don't seem to be trees. I am a druid, I know much about trees, I have spent half of my lifetime in forests, talking to the nature, to birds, herbs trees and all the animals of the forest. But The trees in this forest speak a strange language, somewhat human.
But maybe its only the brabble of an old lizard. Maybe all illusion. But I belive the trees have not always been trees.
Bror

Post by Bror »

The priest teacher in my temple is often telling the young servants this story. Perhaps he just wants to stop them from getting arrogant or it happened really. Judge that for your self, I have no proof:

Once in the old ages there was a young mage. He searched for wisdom all the time. He had this strange idea in his head, that he will rule the world some day. He found knowledge, more and more and grew in his might. When he grew old, he had gathered a big crowd of younger wizards around him. He felt that death was already reaching his bone arm for him, when on of his magicians came to him and told him about a strange temple, they found during exploration of a unknown land. He ordered his crowd, to carry him there on his sedan.
After a few weeks they reached their destination, and he stood up, ordered his people to stay outside, and walked into the temple. His legs have gotten fat and he was not used to walk, but his willpower drove him furter and further in the temple. In the center room he found an altar with a book on it. A voice sounded in his head: "This is the book of the elder gods. It contains all their wisdom. Don't dare to touch it, or we'll unleash our combined power on you and your unholy people outside!"
What is more to say? Of course he ignored the warning in his senseless lust for power.
The villagers of a village nearby still tell about the giant earthquake in their stories. After that, no human body could be found there, and almost everything of the temple has been destructed. Only one room stood there in the ruins. The roof crashed, but the walls were still intact. But the strangest thing were the trees, that stood all around, where no tree has grown before. They looked as if they were more than 300 years old. People tell, that they move their truncs, even if there is no wind, and if you don't look, they surround you.
DJ TraK

Post by DJ TraK »

Dax and I have found this area that you speak of and we both have ventured to it center and were quite proud of our acomplishment.
Galdriel

Post by Galdriel »

Concerning the Disappearance of the Bard.

We fear that the Faery of the Groove turned him into a tree.  This rose the question were all those trees came from and if they all are bewitched Adventurers.
If so, can we dare to lay an axe to those trees??
Think about the torment the captured people have to bear, if we do so.

Anyway, the Faery of the Groove seemed not too friendly with people, who knows what else she might be able to do??

Galdriel
Dax

Post by Dax »

OMG the tree's are people!!!!!!

Im a murderer!!!!!! Oh the poor souls! <sob>

Needless to say its a great place to practice carpentry.. umm.. am I THAT cruel? *gg*  

TIMBER!!!!!!!!!
Erdrick

Post by Erdrick »

I was wandering along, and i heard tales of a forest.
Forest, they say...
Where could it possibly be?
Far to the northeast, and I learn this information from
a old man who charged 10 gold per word...
He made sure it was long, but it was worth it...
I set out on my journey, but I need a trusty companion...
I dream about the forest of legend, but I hear no clue that can possibly lead to it.
Well, I went back to my house.
Yes, the one with no roof and floor. *crowd snickers*
I sit down in my imaginary chair and think.
Where could it possibly be?

(Edited by Erdrick at 2:27 am on Mar. 20, 2001)
Dax

Post by Dax »

A usual day in Illarion:

Wake up
Put on old man costume
Charge an outlandish price for beautifully made up
Ask them what they just said and babble on for awhile about loss of hearing
Stories about a place that really does exist
Rob them some more
Change the subject for awhile
Ask them what they just said and babble on for awhile about loss of hearing AGAIN.
Begin to tell them where it is, but fall asleep just at the right moment.
Ditch the costume in the vase
Go home