Wondering...

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Pocal

Wondering...

Post by Pocal »

I did a search already on using linux and illarion, some said wine didnt work, someone said vmware (sp?) worked...I'm new to using linux (using Ubuntu right now) and was wondering if anyone can play it somehow on linux, as firends of mine from a nother game are on here, and I'd love to try it out since they say its so good, and I dont want to have to install Windows again...ty for the time.
martin

Post by martin »

Using vmware you have to (virtually) install windows to play Illarion right now.
There seems to be no other possibility.

Martin
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

well, seems you need to buy vmware...Im using linux on my 13 gig hdd, but I can try to put XP on my 40 gig, i think, so when I can get a copy of XP, hopefully then I cna play finally.

And thanx to whoever quickly approved my account and name today!
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

The best way to get a copy of WinXP is of course your local computer store or MSDNAA :lol:

A linux client is being worked on, however, there are many things that are worked on...
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

or I can just go home and pick up my dad's leagally burned copy...most places around here only sell XP with new computers

Edit by Estralis: ;-)