Beschwerde GM-Spieler/Complaiment GM-Player (Englisch added)

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Cassandra Fjurin

Beschwerde GM-Spieler/Complaiment GM-Player (Englisch added)

Post by Cassandra Fjurin »

Beschwerde GM Spieler.

Ich dachte mir, warum muss es immer so laufen das sich die Spieler über die GM’s beschweren. Heute mach ich das mal anders herum. Das ganze soll als Konstruktive Kritik dienen und nicht um die Spieler an zu greifen.

Punkt 1.) der mir wirklich missfällt ist das gesamte Misstrauen gegenüber den GM’s. Scheinbar sind GM’s grundsätzlich böse und haben nur die Absicht das Spiel kaputt zu machen. Sie behandeln alle Spieler aus prinzip unfair und mischen sich überall ein.

GM’s sind meistens auch nur Menschen. Wir sind Fehleranfälliger als der Server. Wir haben Illarion, RL und Job unter einen Hut zu bringen. Es kann sein das wir daher auch mal wütend werden. Aber wir sind immer noch Menschen die Fehler begehen und diese auch einsehen. Warum die angst mit uns zu reden? Ich habe PM, MSN und sogar E-Mail.
Wenn was nicht passt sagt es. Natürlich habe ich nicht immer Zeit. Daher ist mir PM am liebsten. Falls ich nicht Antworte und es ist trozdem wichtig, nachhaken. Keine Angst vor dem Folgen haben. Es ist noch keiner gebannt worden weil er seine Meinung gesagt hat und ich versuche mein GM und mein Mensch dasein konkret zu trennen.

Zum Misstrauen zähle ich auch das überall Intrige gewittert wird. Kaum taucht mal ein Char auf der gewisse Dinge besser kann oder anders als andere und schon heißt es, Der ist GM Gepuscht das ist unfair. Traut den GM’s auch mal was zu. Genießt die Quests die sich ggf daraus ergeben. Freut euch für den Spielspaß. Ich bin immer gerne bereit für Quests die gut ausgespielt sind Belohnungen zu geben (Kein pushen sondern ggf Items. Oder andere Dinge)
Und auch hier gilt wieder, GM’s sind nur Menschen. Wir machen Fehler.

Punkt 2.) Kritik/Lob. Hab ich schon erwähnt das GM’s meistens Menschen sind? ;) Wir hören uns gerne Konstruktive Kritik an. Aber ein „Illarion ist so schlecht“ hilft uns nicht weiter. Wir brauchen konkrete Hinweise. Was ist schlecht. Wie könnte es besser gehen. Und bitte zählt auch auf was euch gefällt. Nichts ist frustrierender als monatelang zu arbeiten und zu hören. Es ist alles Schlecht. Auch wir bauen uns am Lob auf und werden durch übermäßige und sinnlose Kritik demotiviert. Damit will ich nicht sagen das ihr mit Kritik zurückhalten sollt. Wie sonst könnten wir es besser machen. Ihr sollt nur verstehen warum wir manchmal Sauer reagieren. Wir stecken Persönlich viel Zeit und Arbeit in diese Sache. Und ein einfaches. Ist das jetzt Mies, ist so ziemlich der Schlag ins Gesicht den man sich nach dieser Arbeit nicht wünscht.

So viel dazu, wenn es noch was gibt werde ich mich schon melden. Bevor ihr böse Worte schreibt setzt euch in die Lage des anderen und was er vielleicht damit verbindet nur um seine Reaktion zu verstehen. Ich schlage auch mal des öfteren über die Stränge.

Translation will follow soon.

==============================================

I was thinking, why must always the players complain about the gm’s? Today I will make it different. This should be as a constructive criticism.

The first point what I don’t like is the misthrust towards the GM’s. Apparently in the eyes of the players, all GM’s ar bad or only want’s to destroy the game. All the GM’s are always unfair to the players and interfere anytimes.

Most times, GM’s are also human as you. We are more error prone than the server ;). We have Illarion a RL and in the most cases a job too. It can be the we also can become angry. But we are humans who can make failures and learn from it. Why are the most of you afraid of talking with us? You have the possibilities of PM’s, MSN and E-Mails. If in your eyes something is wrong, say it. Surely I haven’t got time, anytime. Because of that, I like pm’s much more than the other things. If I don’t answer and anyhow you think its important, ask me again. Nobody has ever been banned because he has told us his opinion. And I try to differ from my being as a Human and a GM ;)

To the missthrust I also count that everyone sees everytime intrigue. Everytime, a char which is better than someone other or who can different things than someone other, arrives illarion. I hear the same thing. He is GM pushed. That’s unfair… Thrust the GM’s in their decision. Enjoy the Quest which are hence out of it. Enjoy the game. And I am the last on who won’t give rewards for good players in a quest. And to say it again. GM’s are only human as you. We make also failures.

The second point. Criticism and commendation. Have I told you that GM’s are human as you the most times ;). We want to hear constructive critisim. But an Illarion is soooo bad doesn’t help us. We need exact details, what is wrong, why is that wrong, how can we do it better in your eyes. And please say what you like on the changes. Nothing is more frustrating, after some months of work on illarion, than hearing “the new system is bad, the old was better, bring back the old, all you make is bad, you destroy the whole game”. We motivate us on commendation and are demotivatet through to harsh criticism. I don’t want to say, “don’t criticise us!” How could we do it better if you don’t say anything. You should only understand why we sometimes react as we react (get in rage…). We put much of our freetime in this project. And a simple “Boah that is sooo bad” from you, ist one of the hardest hits in the face you can give us after so much work. Sometimes I have asked myself. Is its worth to do that? It is worth to make all the work to hear such words? Sometimes I wanted to give up to develop the game. But sometimes I see the players playing it, having fun with new features. Players who tries out different new things. This are the moments where I said to myself, yes its worth. Back to work, we have much to do in the future and to make illarion better. ;)

So far, Next time you are frustrated and want to let out your frustration on the bad GM’s who always want to destroy the game. Think twice what you are doing with that. Sometimes words can really hurt. And I can say that I am no angel, sometimes I also in a bad mood, and then I say things which I don’t want to say.
Last edited by Cassandra Fjurin on Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rackere Diplomatre

Post by Rackere Diplomatre »

Wow.... Wow... Einfach nur geil, fehlt mir ein bissl der satirische Aspekt, aber ansonsten einfach nur gut gesagt. ;)
Ich freue mich, erfahren zu dürfen, dass ihr GMs doch noch ein echtes Leben führen dürft. Wurde eigentlich schon erwähnt, dass Spieler auch nur Menschen sind? ;)

Ich danke für diesen Brief, er wird hoffendlich auf positive Resonanz treffen.

Have a nice day,
Rackere
Cassandra Fjurin

Rackere Diplomatre wrote:Wurde eigentlich schon erwähnt, dass Spieler auch nur Menschen sind? ;)
Tut mir leid, diesen Aspekt hatte ich nicht erwähnt, Spieler sind einfach nur böse GM ärgerer ;)

Nein im Ernst. Jeder hat so seine Fehler, Spieler und GM's (Welche ja meistens auch Spieler sind) der ganze Post ist halt dazu da diese mal ab zu klären.
Colden Moor

Post by Colden Moor »

Also ich sag dazu mal vorerst , daß jedesmal wenn ich dich angeschrieben habe weil mir etwas aufgefallen ist was nicht ganz paßt du es sofern möglich und Zeit übrig war geändert hast . Dadurch ist das Spiel zwar nicht leichter geworden aber es paßt alles besser zusammen .
Und ich kann bestätigen das sobald ich dich anschreibe du dir Zeit für einen nimmst und nein das ist keine Schleimerei und nein ich will keine Items dafür ;) :twisted:
AlaineMilan

Post by AlaineMilan »

JUHUU...Cassandra...endlich mal ein GM der seine Meinung zu den Kritik-Threads sagt. Ich kann GM`s vollkommen verstehen. Mich nerven jegliche Kritik-Threads...da kommt eh immer nur raus..Illarion is blöd, die Spieler sind blöd, die GM`s sind blöd. ALLES blöd. Und das nervt! Spieler, denen es so gefällt wie es ist...wird der ganze Spaß durch alle öffentlichen Beschwerden verdorben. Warum spielen sie es denn wenns so blöd ist? Das soll erst einmal verstehen. Mich würde es total aufregen wenn ich GM wäre und dauernd vollgemacht werde von Spielern die sich beschweren und alle anderen da mit reinziehen.

((würde noch weiter schreiben, aba da ich grade von drei gewissen spielern aufgehalten werde und mich nich konzentrieren kann, lass ich es lieber >.<))
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

amen! 8)

Ich schließe mich mal den Worten, meiner Vorrednerin an. Dieses Ganze Gejammer und ....[das verkneif ich mir jetzt]....stört all jene die das Spiel gut finden und da alle, auch neue Spieler das lesen können, schreckt das die gleich ab.
Wenn diese ganzen Jammer-Threads ihr Ende in einem ordendlichen Vorschlag zur verbesserung hätten...aber da kommt, wie schon erwähnt nur raus das alles dumm und blöd ist!

Die GM's müssen da schon recht viel ertragen.

soviel von mir,

mfg,
Martin
Damien

Post by Damien »

Korrekt, als GM braucht man schon mal ein dickes Fell. Als Spieler manchmal auch. Naja, generell kann ein dickes Fell schonmal nicht schaden.
Wenn mich manchmal was so richtig annervt, dann sind das Intrigen, die irgendwer bastelt, um wen anders OOC "vor den Latz zu treten". Sei es, daß ein Spieler einen Anderen anschwärzt, oder genau zu der Zeit die GM-Abuse email anschreibt, wenn er genau weiß daß der GM, über den er sich so richtig ausläßt, gerade für ein paar Wochen im Urlaub ist - wann immer irgendetwas "hintenrum" passiert, geht mir das auf den Senkel.
Sir Gannon

Post by Sir Gannon »

Ok this seems quite interesting.

Anyone wish to translate for us poor people of the one launguage?

I ran it through a translator and it seems interesting.

Thanks in advance,

Gannon
Rackere Diplomatre

Post by Rackere Diplomatre »

I'm sorry I have a bad headache, else I would be translating it.
Nerevar Schattenaxt

Post by Nerevar Schattenaxt »

Damien wrote:wann immer irgendetwas "hintenrum" passiert, geht mir das auf den Senkel.
Gm-Abuse ist doch zu dem Grund eingerichtet worden, Beschwerden über GMs einzureichen. Was das "hintenrum" angeht, sind die GMs genausowenig unschuldig wie die Spieler - Das beruhte auf Gegenseitigkeit in einigen Fällen der Vergangenheit.

Ansonsten kann ich Damien natürlich rechtgeben: Als GM braucht man ein dickes Fell, und man sollte sich von Anfang an bewusst sein, dass der Job nicht einfach ist.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

Nerevar Schattenaxt wrote:Als GM braucht man ein dickes Fell, und man sollte sich von Anfang an bewusst sein, dass der Job nicht einfach ist.
Du sprichst ein wahres Wort gelassen aus.
Nerevar Schattenaxt wrote:Was das "hintenrum" angeht, sind die GMs genausowenig unschuldig wie die Spieler - Das beruhte auf Gegenseitigkeit in einigen Fällen der Vergangenheit.
Konkrete Beispiele?
Nerevar Schattenaxt

Post by Nerevar Schattenaxt »

Arien Edhel wrote:Konkrete Beispiele?
Bitte nicht, die betroffenen Personen und ich selber wissen schon, worauf ich anspiele. (Bin ja auch kein Unschuldslamm) Möchte das aber nicht wieder ausrollen. :?
Jack Mc Gregor

Post by Jack Mc Gregor »

Ich für meinen Teil kann sagen das mir Illarion bisher sehr gut gefällt, alles schlecht zu reden ist sicher unangebracht, solche unbrauchbaren Kritiken würde ich kommentarlos löschen da sie einfach nur Verschwendung von Webspace sind :)
Natürlich funktionert nicht alles perfekt, natürlich gibt es Bugs, es gibt keine perfekten Spiele, man kann aber vieles verändern wenn man konstruktive Kritiken gibt!

Manchen Leuten ist scheinbar nicht bewusst was für enorme Arbeit hinter so einem Projekt wie Illarion steckt, alleine der Zeitaufwand für die Betreuung, damit alles Tag für Tag funktioniert, ist mit Sicherheit ebenfalls enorm. Es scheint mir auch so das viele nicht wissen was "Alpha-Phase" bedeutet und gleich einmal mit den komplett falschen Erwartungen ans Spiel herantreten.

Als ich vor kurzem noch begonnen habe zu spielen war ich überrascht zu sehen wie engagiert Gamemaster sich hier geben. Eine solche gute Betreuung hab ich bisher nur bei Ultima Online erlebt und Ultima Online kostet im Gegensatz zu Illarion auf Dauer gesehen eine ordentliche Stange Geld. Alleine die Aktivität der Gamemaster und die Nähe zur Community ist vorbildlich, da können sich einige andere Rollenspiele eine Scheibe abschneiden! (*wink an Cipsoft* :))

Das wars vorerst von mir, vielen Dank für Illarion und ebenfalls ein Dankeschön an das Team dahinter!
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Post by Jeremy Gems Willowbrook »

Personally I think the GM's and staff are doing an excellent job. I have had no problems with any of you and have found you all very helpful if problems have occurred. Thanks for all your hard work.
(Can I have a powerful artifact now???) :wink:

Keep up the good work
Damian
PO Jeremy
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

I'm about positive I have no problems with any GMs. I think they are wonderful for all the work they're doing. I'm sure there are areas where they can improve but no one is perfect, and where one lacks in a certain area I'm sure another one picks up the slack. It's just a matter of finding the right GM.

The only thing I can think of that bothers me is when someone walks up to you in game and drops an item you've never seen on the ground before you so as to tease you with it so that it is obviously a GM and runs around acting like a mad person. *shrugs* But you could all be like that IRL so who knows.

The game is progressing fabulously, keep up the good work!

Jaime
Gurik Elvenstar

Post by Gurik Elvenstar »

You Gm's are the greatest, really most everyone of you have helped me with a char problem or Ig problem and i thank all of you for that no one has the right to whine when they dont even have to pay for the game.... You all give your free time to try and make all of us happy so i cant explain how thankful i am to you gm's :)
Sir Gannon

Post by Sir Gannon »

I will write this now before I am forced to go to work just to stir up some talk here.

In my opinion you are right. Gm's are just normal people who have been given special privledges over the game. The fact that they get to choose when and WHY to do something is the person's decision.

It has also been brought up that yes you do spend you free time on this project. For thats what it is a project. Many of us love what you are doing with the game. It is not your fault some adhere to what the game USED to be and not what it is slowly turning into. In my vision this game is slowly becoming more realistic. ( No matter how badly I scream cause Gannon now sucks at fighting :P ) Thats just the way it is.

I have looked at the stat system countless times and I have questions, But overall it looks to be very well done. The thing people can't accept now is it actually takes TIME to raise a skill now. This is going to be a huge issuse when we are all skill less and want nothing more than to be how we were and be able to go rp some. ( Im not lieing I wish it to but it has to be done so lets suck it up people! :P )

I have many more thoughts but as I said I am being forced to work while im sick. So I will add more later. Im sure I have added enough of my own opinions here to be bashed and written upon.

One last thing. I think all the gm's do a wonderfull job with how they play the game. Nothing is perfect. Least of all when you have 20 people running around in game trying to do five things to accomplish one task and your trying to see to them all ;) So in my eyes thanks for all your hard work and putting up with all of us. Because in all honesty without all of you we wouldnt have a game worth playing.

Peace,

PO Gannon, Chris

( Ps sorry for any typos or anything... Huge headache and yeah I was in a hurry hehe )
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

I second that.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

Nerevar Schattenaxt wrote: Bitte nicht, die betroffenen Personen und ich selber wissen schon, worauf ich anspiele. (Bin ja auch kein Unschuldslamm) Möchte das aber nicht wieder ausrollen. :?
Akzeptiert.
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

There's a difference between "Illarion is soooo bad," and genuine complaints, Cassandra. I won't comment on what you're omitting, as better people have done so before me, and been lynched for doing so.

All I have to say on the matter is:

The majority of the GMs that have graced Illarion with their presence, have been wonderful.

However, it's this other, seemingly equally powerful minority, that brings the names of the selfless GMs down.
Damien

Post by Damien »

Ich hoffe, das heißt jetzt soviel wie "nie wieder hintenrum-Geschichten" .
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Hmm well, I agree, I do not like it when people criticize the gm's. I don't critize them... but many people do, and it's not cool.

People think that the GM's help out players, but they realy do not. Whoever started the rumour about the Gm's helping the guards and giving them extra strength and skills, ITS NOT TRUE.

I did try to make a small movie thanking the GM's, but i fear that it was much too large a file. :roll: Anyway,

thankyou very much GM's for all your days of hard work. I hope that people will stop messing with ya, because i know you all work very hard. Also i've noticed that you have all tried considerably to increase the GM<-->Player interaction, and I am grateful for that, because I enjoy it.

Thanks again,
Nilo (and all my other chars :wink: )
Fooser

Re: Beschwerde GM-Spieler/Complaiment GM-Player (Englisch ad

Post by Fooser »

Why are the most of you afraid of talking with us? You have the possibilities of PM’s, MSN and E-Mails.
Actually, I PMed Damien so many times, it got to the point where he was quoting the jedi code :wink:
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

I wont say much being a relatively new face to illarion anway.
As I have said before and will again I am hugely greatful to everyone and any one who puts time and effort into this project in what ever way they are able.
As far as criticism goes as long as it is constructive and based on a foundation of coperation and gratitude i am all for it.
I cannot how ever stomach the people who with out a shred of gratitude complain that somethnig unfair has happend to there long standing character or the game has changed in a way that does not suit them
Simply for these reasons,
Long standing chracter means you have had hours of pleasure from this prorgam for nothing at all. "so well you certainly for your moneys worth"
Secondly,RP is not about winning or loseing the game world could not be populated by fighting demi gods, then we should all rather log onto diablo net or what ever and pk.
Something bad happens RP it, simple
It is the same as the post's that moan that the game is a ghost town well instead of posting that logg on. Put one more face on the map help a newb intiate some RP do something. It is going to be a more valuable contribution than yet another whineing Illarion is empty and sucks post.

The same goes for just about everything this is a community, one based on a few dedicated people giving a lot of there time and hard work to make it happen. So in any post the question really should be what am I putting back into this gaming community one I have obviously enjoyed for some hours to have enough game time to be blaming the GM's for something.
Attitude of gratitude people this game is free, As such a gift. I see a lot of people saying they got shot down for critism well then maybe you need to look at how that ctitique was phrased.
off my soap box now
Pendar
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

yes the gms are indeed very helpful. they've been able to help with all of my problems but one....and i won't get into that, I've complained enough ;). But good job guys :)
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I've PMed Damien a lot too Fooser.
BTW, Cassandra, you must believe me now, Damien, is evøl at times. Sometimes I think he even LIKES To annoy the PO =P
Gwynnether

Post by Gwynnether »

Hmm well, I agree, I do not like it when people criticize the gm's. I don't critize them... but many people do, and it's not cool.
I guess it wasn't Cassandras intention to get responses like that ;)
You shall critize. What Cassandra disturbs is that "how".
We need constructive criticism.
Cassandra Fjurin

Gwynnether is right.

This wasn't a "fishing for compliments" post. We need constructive criticism, how could we do the things besser elsewise. The post was only to understand our reaction if we sometimes get pissed of, or demotivated. It should show you why the GM's sometimes react like they did. It shouldn't say: Don't critcisie.
it should say: criticise croncretely. And show what you like. If you want to say: You have done something wrong, say us also what we have made right.
Damien

Post by Damien »

Evil ? Annoy the PO ? Not quite.
I like making people think a bit. To use their imaginaton, to think into the role of the character and to think into other, "surrounding" roles and the surrounding circumstances. I sometimes put up kinda riddles in story form, and i try my best to leave open more than one solution every time, even if the solutions will not be too flat - won't get too simple solutions from me in the most cases. But you always get the one or other hint, even if i drop them slowly :wink:
And be prepared for unexpected turnings. I promise to do my best in implanting some.
And beware.
I have dice and i'm not afraid to use them ! :twisted:
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Oh...My...God...*Misjbar feels scared*