PC's as monsters - DW got me thinking

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Novus

PC's as monsters - DW got me thinking

Post by Novus »

Jocas' character got me thinking.  What if the game admins had PC's play monsters for quests?  I mean, what if someone got to play the big red demon for a while, for the purpose of taking him on a rampage through the town?  Or suppose the creators made a dragon to guard a treasure, and let a PC play it until it was killed at the end of the quest?

This would solve the problem of monster AI, and it would add a new dimension to the enemies we face.  Imagine if the big red guy hurled retorts and insults during combat!  That would be a real treat.

Novus
Jocas

PC's as monsters

Post by Jocas »

I'd be perfect for the job!!!!!! I'm great at insulting, I love to kill, and best of all I have no morals or conscience. I'd start playing again if i could be a monster, especially a dragon.....

The former
Darkwalker
Kjallha

PC's as monsters

Post by Kjallha »

Jocas,

I don't see any reason for you to be rewarded after being disciplined..

Anyhow perhaps a contest.. capture the flag or illarion quiz, mayhap even Bror could simply watch with helpers and choose one who plays thier character very well, hence "A good chosen roleplayer" and no one knows except staff.
Damien

PC's as monsters

Post by Damien »

Well, this monster stuff would be great, but very mighty monsters should only be available several times per day(with about three hours delay), and, when played by players, carry some extraordinary high treasure.
Kjallha, Jocas is not that bad - he can roleplay, and he loves to play a badguy, but when he realised that his killing got the skills of some characters to zero, he was quite shocked, and left the character. He wanted to make some action in the game. His ways were not that good, yes... but, if sometimes a monster, some gremlins, or even sheep run through the town and do funny or threatening things... Imagine to play a sheep !!! LOL !!! You would not be able to use many things as a monster, and would be forced to use the monster's fafourite weapon. Imagine several mummies, with a red skeleton as their leader, running through the town...
I Love that idea, and by playing monsters, Jocas and others can make evil char's plots...
I would enjoy that myself sometimes. But, as a strong  monster, one has to watch out not to kill the people too often, and only attack those who do not run away. Monster players may be slower then other players.
I would like to play a monster Group, even giving the monster i play a name...
Not all monsters would have to be evil, some could do extreme funny things... imagine a demon dancing and jumping around... hehehe...
Alexander

PC's as monsters

Post by Alexander »

why do the monsters have to be evil maybe you could have some monsters be good. I was thinking about a colony of large ants lots of them and they could be programed to protect an area and some could gather things and farm and they might even have merchants and if you broke their law they would hunt you and since you would be in their area that they would have surrounded you would most likely die unless you had an army or were one of the gods. it's just an idea i know it might be hard to do, but if you could it would be awesome.  much more creative and difficult than a dragon. I don't know about the rest of you but i have seen way too much overuse of the dragon as an enemy. you could have another race and that race would have to be in the group and for the players who are getting tired of being like everyone else they could defect to this colony and protect it  you could try to make the groups somewhat even and we could have territory wars between the two large groups. it would be fun for role playing. anyway i am just bouncing ideas some might think they suck they are just to get people thinking about ways to spice it up besides the whole good evil thing. or maybe those who wish to be evil could have their own town and those that chose to be good could have their own and the same for neutrals, but for that there would have to be some way of distinguishing between good, evil, and neutral. also people would have to declare the way their character stands before hand. just see what you guys think.
Novus

PC's as monsters

Post by Novus »

The thought I originally had for playing monsters was for a one-time deal...like a special one-time quest to slay a dragon (or whatever) and recover some vast treasure (like 102 silver bars and a place to quarry magical metals).  The PC playing the dragon would only play the dragon once.

But I like the idea of playing more than once.  Maybe someone wants to give up their main character for a while to play the monster-character.

And playing a sheep!  Heck yeah!  It's perfect for Jocas:  his attack power would be so low, he could attack newbies and not have to worry too much about retribution!  ;)

Novus
Novus

PC's as monsters

Post by Novus »

Sorry to post twice, but I thought of this after I had pushed the "Submit" button:

What if unruly characters were punished by being turned into sheep for a period of time?
Captain Kirk

PC's as monsters

Post by Captain Kirk »

Hallo

yeah jocas plays a drunken deamon whos castin insults like a mg  *g* and kill all he sees (i hope he kills a few rotworms too *g*)

Bye
Read ya
MfG

Capt. Kirk
Onyx

PC's as monsters

Post by Onyx »

I think there sould be a magic spell to morph into a demon which need a lot of mama and Spell exp. This was thw person could only be a demon once in a while and they would have to be very Exp~ed. Pluse if the die as a demon then they should lose lots of skill to add some danger to becoming a demon.
Dax

PC's as monsters

Post by Dax »

Morphing... One word for that and no offense Onyx

YUCK!
Damien

PC's as monsters

Post by Damien »

Nope, morphing would not be a monster you can play, it would be the character. Nope, if a morphing spell is active, it should be an illusion perhaps.. or morphing into animals... yeah would be funny, talking animals (sure with their player names or "someone" hehe)
Evermore

PC's as monsters

Post by Evermore »

I like this idea alot but I think that you should have some kind of mob that would stop characters that where changed into monsters from coming into town because I don't like the idea of a smart demon or rot worm running through town. But, it should be possible to kill the mob to add some more challange to the game so you would have to beware of monsters breaking into the town.
Dyluck

PC's as monsters

Post by Dyluck »

Please read the date of the last posting of a thread before you go post your own comments.
Serpardum

PC's as monsters

Post by Serpardum »

Why, Dyluck?  Just because it's an old idea doesnt' mean it's not a good one.

In fact, one game I played as a gm type I got to play such a character.  I got to play a pirate.  I asked TPTB if I could recruit some other players to be my crew and they said sure.

So, we set up in a zone that's closed for a time, and I tell the crew that everyone in the game is going to try to kill us, and we're supposed to try to kill them.

Man, it was a blast, for all involved.

"Arrr, ya land lubbers!  Feel the cold steel of my blade!  Arrrr!"
Leonna

PC's as monsters

Post by Leonna »

I'm not supposing this will happen in Illarion ever, this is just an idea... aren't they always welcome?

The character races should have more monster races... orcs are basically monsters in medieval fantasy stories, but in Illarion they seem to be like any other races. But of course an orc can be good as well as a human can be evil(??) Strong and stupid trolls as player characters would be unique as well as evil liches...

The races' statistics should have more differences, as an orc can be a wizard almost as good as an elf. At the moment one single halfling can be stronger than 5 orcs together...

So... there should be another town for monsters (if not for every race). Another starting town. Or a cave... whatever.

Therefore the "evil" race could attack the town of the "good" race... and it wouldn't be PKing as the races had been fighting each other always.

This race war thing may sound a bit "racistic" but isn't it a part of medieval fantasy that many races hated each other... (of course a human should be able to join the evil ones guilds and be welcome to their town, if he wanted to be on their side...)
Dyluck

PC's as monsters

Post by Dyluck »

@Separdum: I also propose that we add elves and orcs to this game.

The idea of PC monsters was already made into reality a long time ago.