OOC explanation for "Terms of capitulation"

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Hagen von Rabenfeld

OOC explanation for "Terms of capitulation"

Post by Hagen von Rabenfeld »

~Do not intrude into town, but send a messanger to arrange your arrest by the town guard.
This means, PM me.
~Hand over all your weapons and armour pieces.
If the guardsmen search your depot, yes, even those that you have in there. I expect you to play fairly with this one and there is no need to let someone check, if you try to cheat your fellow players OOC.
~When the war is over you will be released. Those, who commited crimes before the ban of your groups will serve this time additionally.
Yes, even, if TB looses the war.
~Fooser (already in jail)
Although not a member of the movement technically, his imprisonment will end as the war ends. The whole idea behind this concept is, that it would be foolish to release former enemies, who could turn against yourself, while you are in war with a third party.

Before the whining starts. Noone, who disagrees to surrender (as a player) will be imprisoned this way, but the game of being killed, put 10 hours into prison and then start fro, the beginning, will continue, as long as you do not think it being ridiculous, after the 5th time or so. So your options are obvious. Either you are a prisoner of war or an outlaw, people would kill on sight, as it was untill now.
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

This is why the game is getting bad...

Hmm do I comply with rule 1008 paragraph four of the standards of Hagen's rp?
Willum

Post by Willum »

This is indeed not a good compermise. Me give up all my wepons hahaha i need them to protect myself. Be put in jail i have been there its not fun. There is nothing good for the so called "outlaw" After this war. I have spent a lot of money on my armour and wepons and i get no componsation........then thats not right.
Cain Freemont

Re: OOC explanation for "Terms of capitulation"

Post by Cain Freemont »

Hagen von Rabenfeld wrote:
~Hand over all your weapons and armour pieces.
If the guardsmen search your depot, yes, even those that you have in there. I expect you to play fairly with this one and there is no need to let someone check, if you try to cheat your fellow players OOC.
Why would you be required to strip people of their depots? That doesn't seem fair to the actual game itself. Disarming them and then imprisoning them would be the way it would seem to go in such times. Stripping someone's depot of anything is like just walking into someone's house and taking whatever you feel necessary (since no one really has any houses yet). Having someone with special powers take stuff from your depot is like forcing roleplay. I would think that people would hide their items, which would be part of the roleplay. There's no need to bring ooc powers into it. :?
Algoran

Post by Algoran »

Perhaps a better reply would have been to point out the bits you don't agree with and offer a sensible solution. I'm sure Hagen is willing to listen to reason. Compromise, that way neither side will be happy :wink: .
Galim

Post by Galim »

WHAT DO YA AWAIT? YA LOST THE WAR, THE FIGHT. damn, comeone guys. use ya brain. you are the losers, you cannot await that nothing happens to you. you cannot believe ooc that a winning side will let the former enemys walking around in their town with all their weapons and armors. see it this way. your weapons and armors will be used to repair the things you destroyed, to help the families of the guards you killed or hurt badly, and so on.
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

Their characters lost the war. Their characters will be put in prison, etc...
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

The game is just becoming too political, Galim. This game was never intended to be all about a corporation that imprisons people. I would stake money on that. However, that is how the game is turning out. The game's atmosphere is more like a real 1900s dictatorship than some mystical realm of magic, elves, dwarves, and so on.
Algoran

Post by Algoran »

What about either RPing handing over weapons or just handing over one set, basic weapon, wooden shield, leathers. This would be on the OOC understanding that you couldn't then just put on another set and start all over again. Some people have got rare weapons and armour and I know I would not be happy handing them over.
Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

Cain Freemont wrote:The game is just becoming too political, Galim. This game was never intended to be all about a corporation that imprisons people. I would stake money on that. However, that is how the game is turning out. The game's atmosphere is more like a real 1900s dictatorship than some mystical realm of magic, elves, dwarves, and so on.
How do you know what this game was intented to become like?
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

POW are usually in jail WHEN THERE IS A WAR~!
Christiana

Post by Christiana »

first, there are no rare weapons, second there its rp to lost rare things. you must not be lucky about this, but shit happens.

the winner says what to do, its your choice to do what the winner wants or not. you can also hide in the woods or something else.
Gru'kuk Gorock

Post by Gru'kuk Gorock »

Fire swords are pretty rare.
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

As I hear it, fireswords can't be forged anymore.. so that would make them rather rare.

In response to Caranthir:
http://www.moonsilver.de/english/history/history.htm wrote:Our ancestors stood on the threshold between good and evil, life and death, love and hate. Do we not stand at the same spot they already had been?
www.illarion.org wrote:Illarion is a graphical medieval fantasy game that focuses on roleplaying
Medieval fantasy.. yeah, there's nothing mentioned about the 1900s. The moonsilver site and the main site for Illarion both talk about a medieval fantasy roleplaying game known as Illarion. Neither say that the game is about the 1900s. I do not know what it was intended to become, but I can guarantee that this was not it.
Last edited by Cain Freemont on Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christiana

Post by Christiana »

fireswords are reproduceable, so they are not really rare.
Caranthir the great

As far as I know, this game is a roleplaying game. It is getting new shape as we speak. I don't think that it's 1900s (even though sometimes even I agree that Lyrenzia is quite sterile.)
However, the game is in nutshell, the result of the actions that our characters take or do not take.
Galim

Post by Galim »

fireswords are not rare anymore.

noone talked about the 1900's Cain. Okay, let us play medievil Cain. all Movements guys are dead. hung up and burned. 'all rock tribe members are dead. hunt down and killed. no coming back. that was it, see ya. because THAT IS IT what happened to them in the medievil times. ohyes, thieves, let us cut of their hand. oh, yes, there is someone talking bad about lyrenzia, cut his tongue of and give him 20 hits with a wooden staff. oh, there, this guy is wearing a weapon, that is against the law, let us chop his head of. that was it.
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

bah
Last edited by Val De Gausse on Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

I think this proposal doesn't really have problems. But, then again the other side will need to understand that if the war turns around then they must be able to handle prison times 10 hours and such.
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Caranthir the great wrote:As far as I know, this game is a roleplaying game. It is getting new shape as we speak. I don't think that it's 1900s (even though sometimes even I agree that Lyrenzia is quite sterile.)
However, the game is in nutshell, the result of the actions that our characters take or do not take.
Caranthir, the huge changes that have taken place that have led up to this current state are not due entirely to the characters. The quests that have resulted in this situation were huge quests that everyone lost interest in due to their length and lack of multiple possible results.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Galim your forgetting that Silverbrand and all those inside of it would have suffocated, bloodskulls would have been dead because the Rock Tribe and the Movement killed more of them first before the bloodskulls got a hold of mages.
So, if we did play the way you say it would be, the Rock Tribe and the Movement would be on top.
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

I'm sorry, but that's going TOO far Hagen...
Willum

Post by Willum »

Id rather be considerd an "outlaw" and mabey live away from every one in peace than always agreeing with these stupid conditions.
Caranthir the great

I didn't lose my interest. Scratch the everybody. ;)

I assume that you have some inside knowledge about the amount of possible endings for the drought to give that argument?

The there was one problem, I agree. The Gamemasters made the error of thinking that not everyone (exaggeration) needed to be spoonfed the actions that one could take. Yes. Since there was no demon beamed infront of the people, everyone shit their pants because they were actually expected to do something else than to slay some monsters and call it a day.
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Grant Herion wrote:Galim your forgetting that Silverbrand and all those inside of it would have suffocated, bloodskulls would have been dead because the Rock Tribe and the Movement killed more of them first before the bloodskulls got a hold of mages.
So, if we did play the way you say it would be, the Rock Tribe and the Movement would be on top.
Also, keep in mind Galim, that more guilds would have rebelled against Lyrenzia, rather than joining them because it is made up of old players.
Caranthir the great

And you base that on..?
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Caranthir the great wrote:
The there was one problem, I agree. The Gamemasters made the error of thinking that not everyone (exaggeration) needed to be spoonfed the actions that one could take. Yes. Since there was no demon beamed infront of the people, everyone shit their pants because they were actually expected to do something else than to slay some monsters and call it a day.
That's a bit of an extreme exaggeration, Caranthir. There were never any hints dropped other than those that led straight to how things are now. The players were expected to make something from literally nothing. Such things are not possible.
Last edited by Cain Freemont on Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Wow.. Hagen have to be the most popular and most important char and player of Illarion. 3 pages of nonsens within 1 hour.

Hagen, you was right. It was an good idea, to make this ooc explanation :wink:
Last edited by Lennier on Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gandela

Post by Gandela »

Cain Freemont wrote:old players.
you are funny
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

OOh and Lyrenzia or should I say DYluck did some bad things to Lynthromire... But that is ingame, I say that becuase it looks like it has some meaning here...