Whose RP did you like today?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Clairette

Re: Whose RP did you like today?

Post by Clairette »

Bit thanks to everyone yesterday for getting/treating or visiting Claire in Glamair's Hospital. :D
Special thanks to Amelia and Mirai for treating Claire, and to Fergro for assisting them and walking around in front of the door.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

The puzzle time was simple great stuff..
At the end we went into a riddlemania :P
Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Drathe »

Alytys Lamar wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:35 pm The puzzle time was simple great stuff..
At the end we went into a riddlemania :P
X2 !
Delfina De'Puy

Post by Delfina De'Puy »

Husband and I really enjoyed the quest today! First one we attend playing Del and Vic and it was so much fun. Shoutout to Erin for her RP, very believable! Sadly, I had to stick to my RP but would have loved to continue and see what happened! Next time!
Kaelyn Ianale

Post by Kaelyn Ianale »

I haven't gotten to post herr in so long, I'm so glad to be back! Thanks to Drathe, as always. You never fail to utterly impress when I get to write scenes with you. Also, S'rrt, Eleanor and co at the fields - thank you for an awesome moment, sorry I couldn't stick around a bit longer!
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Really enjoyed meeting Victor tonight!
Amelia Rotholz
Galmair

Post by Amelia Rotholz »

I want to thank some for the RP during the last days.
Eleanor, being so concerned and protective towards Ami and nudging her a little to overcome her doubts. The session at the campfire was marvelous!
Which brings me to Azure, being so honest about his true past, risking to scare her away. Yet healing her broken heart so gently, lighting a spark, she thought being lost.
Bidukan for stiring up, but also for the talk at the kitchen. Ami really prays for him.
Damantha was a great encounter as well. Thanks fpr the furious one!
Even for the short encounter with Leon, "doing her a favour" :lol:
And of course so many scenes withInara! Love you, Sis!
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Kaelyn is very quickly becoming one of Eleanor's absolute favorite people. Last night and tonight were both just such rich conversations. 💜

And can somebody explain to me why my angsty, loner, untrustworthy combat cleric of the Goddess of Death does so much relationship counseling? :lol:
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

The Fair was chaotic - but spicy and nice.
Thanks to Amelia for the duett.

After Cynthia got away quietly there was a surprise = Stavros. That was amazing, thank you.
Marla

Post by Marla »

The theft attempt at the fair! I had a lot of fun playing it. :lol:
I hope these involved had fun, too.
The dwarf was great! Also when the elf woman who tried to give Marla a muffin and the man that offered her a potato later, that was hilarious!
Amelia Rotholz
Galmair

Post by Amelia Rotholz »

Thanks to all who took part in the Fair and the auction!
It was a bit chaotic and stressfull in the beginnnen, but turned out to be great fun!

Special thanks to Exelous and Bidukan for the bidding battle.
Exelous left Ami quite confused :lol:
Drathe

Post by Drathe »

The fair was great, had real life and bustle about it that just felt spot on. Everyone doing their thing in the crowd and Cynthia the bard having her moments. It's a rare chance for a bard to really be the part in a meaningful way. It was also good to see the theft of the necklace and it being let to play out. All the food and drink left out for people to steal, the items people had made. Just great.

Many of us love the chase and chop quests but I find the moments like these really bring life to a town. It also gives a nice backdrop for character growth and interaction rather than always around a depot or camp fire. So great efforts on the daily quests and their variety to both the staff and players!

I've got to play with some amazing characters over my return to the game, really rich, believable characters that make the world of Illa just that much more immersive and alluring. Not just with Drathe but my other characters as well. (No, I don't just play him.)

But Kaelyn of late, playing with Drathe has been a story played out over a decade! Like reading a series of books that when one finishes you bite at your thumb nail in hope of another... and then it happens a new book starts but you always wonder, is it the last.
Kaelyn Ianale

Post by Kaelyn Ianale »

Honestly, the past few days have been a delight returning to Illarion. It's beyond refreshing and warms my heart to see so many familiar faces IC and OOC, and to have witnessed 20+ of us in one spot for the fair event, what with its chaotic beginning and hilarious quips all around. I didn't get their names IC but to the bards that played us lovely songs, a huge thanks. Beautiful work even if my character was a little stuck up about it. :D

Eleanor - an unexpected friendship and a great moment I was putting toothpicks in my eyelids to stay awake for the finish of. Kae doesn't often come around to possible friendships so quickly, but this odd priestess just clicks and I see them becoming a trouble-making duo soon enough.

Lastly, but far from least, Drathe. As you said, this story has been writing itself out for the better part of a decade and it's caused Kae to once more steal the limelight among my list of characters. I look forward to every new chapter here, and where this insane story will ever take them, where it'll end - if it ever does. Thank you, as always, for your impeccable ability to draw out the best and worst emotions in my character!
TiaSarah

Post by TiaSarah »

Had lots of fun at the Onionball Tournament today!!!! Huge thanks to everyone there, and to PO Kat and Slightly for organizing it.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Was impressed with the Fooser/Gray scene Eleanor stumbled upon at the bridge, really enjoyed lurking in the shadows and watching that play out.... Until the sun went and rose on them and had her sitting there like a roosting hen.

The interaction with The Baddies afterwards was everything I love about dealing with them. Valherian could have cut the tension with that sword he's always toying with while eying Elly's neck, Gray and Eleanor were constantly lying back and forth with bluffs rarely called, and Elly just had so much dread with how out of her depths she has gotten swept.

Then lastly, running into Kaelyn afterwards was such a welcome decompression. She is such a kindred spirit despite their vast differences, and is quickly becoming a rare confidant.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Was great to see Kyre's best friend Aly and a shock to see her other best friend Aswe. Wonderful RP from everyone ig especially Kaelyn (have no idea what will happen between those two... I guess will have to wait and see). Was also happy to see the old man Eli even though they hardly talked and never spoke to Guir but was glad Kyre got to see him and listen in on the conversation he had. Wish longer then the brief conversation with Caswir but maybe another time.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

God that maze event was so much fun! Just entirely fun through and through with the characters involved as well as the overall concept of it.
Made off with some fine goods as well :lol:
Guir Rabenflügel

Post by Guir Rabenflügel »

Everyone at the maze event! It was so much fun :lol: And it was very nice to meet Kaelyn!
And Kyre: One day, I promise, we will have our conversation :D
Marla

Post by Marla »

I had a lots and lots of fun yesterday. :D
Special thanks to the woman in Runewick who gave Marla food, Val and Val's friend and the man with the green cape (Guir?) and the Orc (forgot your name :oops: ) at the tavern.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

I gotta get this down before I fall asleep and get swept up in coming days. Today felt like four days of very different and exceptional RP crammed in one with too many things happening and people involved to keep straight.

1) The one-on-one with Aly in Cado. Just very, very good in all the ways I love about these two together. The snearing disdain, the needless taunting, the pure pettiness of an inexplicable rivalry, and the current underneath it of a begrudging sense of respect and recognition of self in the other that neither would ever dare give voice.

2) I am so glad that things shifted a lot lighter in the interlude with the plates event. Biggest shout out especially to Mirai, who has the distinction of being the third person to be "accidentally engaged" to Eleanor. What month should they plan the wedding?

3) Runewick. That was just, that was so much. Drathe, Eli, and Fooser in particular were so above and beyond in every way.

4) Kaelyn, of course. I'm actually incapable of posting in this thread without raving about her. Sitting and waiting for 2 AM was soooooooo worth it.

5) Most importantly of all: every single person who made a big deal of how mind blowing it was to see eleanor wearing a red skirt. Y'all gave me so many laughs.
Last edited by CJK on Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

1) The one-on-one with Aly in Cado. Just very, very good in all the ways I love about these two together. The smearing disdain, the needless taunting, the pure pettiness of an inexplicable rivalry, and the current underneath it of a begrudging sense of respect and recognition of self in the other that neither would ever dare give voice.
I need to second that <3 Its always plaindead awesome if they clash !

Drathe and Kaelyn (along with the eavesdropping hag) always expect nearly perfect RP - love you both!

And for sure all along the quest for the plates - even if I had to leave before the end.

And one day Aly is dragging Kyre chained into a cave to have a quiet - undisturbed - talk :D
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Drathe, Valherian and his pet, Blood and Fooser. The capture/ransom was a lot of fun. Drathe is such a trooper :lol:
Valherian

Post by Valherian »

Jefferson Gray, Marla, Blood, Fooser and ranger Drathe! Was a lot of fun and thanks PO Drathe for play along.
Drathe

Post by Drathe »

Aly, Kae and Eleanor in Cad. A very amusing, awkward moment, those are some strong, confident women with their own politics. I enjoyed that.

The feral girl at the tavern - To start with I thought you were a new NPC :D Well played. Exceptionally and creatively expressive without use of 'talk.' And at the end of the night, the risk she took with the healing potion and how she used it! Touching, truly.

The Gray gang; Gray, Valherian, Blood - I really did not expected any of that, not from the turning up at the start, to being sent back having not been ghosted. ( I did think a couple of times, well that's it then. But no and it kept the tension :D ) It was so well done and you "looked after" your captive, keeping the npcs away and progressing the story. I really hope I gave you something in return to reward that effort! ( I know Fooser did, I feel guilty for that - eeeeek )

Fooser, what a damn hero commando! Seeing that machine chop monsters like that tree outside of Wick and keep his cool at the gray gang was balls out impressive. Played well on both sides of the deal. I feel I owe you a few twinkleys now :/ But to see D all but naked is surly reward enough?

Eleanor and Eli at the bridge/hospital, both played their respective roles, their specialties so well. They both came across as weathered, skilled characters confident in their arts (Fooser too.) Again so totally unexpected and richly done. It added tension and furthered the story.

Thank you for wading through my typos, such an enjoyable random night.
Marla

Post by Marla »

Yesterday was a bunch of very unsuspected turn of events!
:shock: Very intense rp. Thanks to everyone, but especially to Darthe!
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Thank you for all the participants of the Advent calendar this year. I think I slept 10 hours in total since the beginning of December, but that was worth it! It was a lot of fun.

Big shout outs to Slightly, without whom nothing of it could have happened and who soloed it when I had some difficult days in between. Working together on those was as much fun as playing the quests.
Clairette

Post by Clairette »

Bidukan! Thanks for the interview! :D
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

I will say a huge THANK YOU to GM Slightly and PO Katharina.
Even if i couldn't participate in all advents quests - the ones I did, were well made and a lot of fun.

It did cost so much effort and private time for you both - I appreciated every minute.
nathi

Post by nathi »

Even though I normally avoid this thread of the forum, but in this case many thanks from me too to PO Katharina and PO Slightly.
I couldn't take part in many quests either, but had fun with the few that worked out.
Therefore, all the more praise to the two organisers for their diligence and perseverance in the very nicely done quests.

lg nathi
Guir Rabenflügel

Post by Guir Rabenflügel »

Also thanks for the advent quests from me.
Good job you two :) The ones I could take part in were really funny... although my last didn't end as planned :lol: