flood protection measures / Flutschutzmassnahmen

All about Runewick and its Guilds. / Alles über Runewick und die Gilden in Runewick.

Moderators: Elvaine Morgan, Gamemasters

nathi

flood protection measures / Flutschutzmassnahmen

Post by nathi »

Due to a ritual and an inspiration from Eldan, we have reason to fear that Runewick may soon be hit by a tidal wave.
Provisional flood protection has already been provided. I don't want to make it a matter of luck or coincidence,
but would like to commission the implementation of flood protection measures at least around the south-western outskirts of the town.

The exposed shores will be equipped with sloping wave catchers made of wood and sand to wash up further sand by tides and currents.
Hedges and wall openings will be closed with sheet piling made of wood and stone.

We urgently need the following material:

1700 sand
510 boards of any kind
340 stone blocks
340 nails

I ask for every assistance to protect our city from another disaster.
The construction of the devices will start immediately after the material has been provided.
I will announce a contact person for collecting the material shortly.

~Deanna

<o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o><o>

Aufgrund eines Rituals und einer Eingebung Eldans haben wir Anlass zur Befürchtung, dass Runewick bald von einer Flutwelle heimgesucht werden kann.
Ein provisorischer Flutschutz wurde bereits ausgelegt. Ich möchte es nicht auf Glück oder Zufall ankommen lassen,
sondern möchte die Umsetzung von Flutschutzmassnahmen zumindest um den südwestlichen Stadtrand beauftragen.

Die freiliegenden Ufer werden mit schräg laufenden Wellenfängern aus Holz und Sand ausgestattet um weiteren Sand durch Gezeiten und Strömung aufzuspülen.
Hecken und Maueröffnungen werden mit Spundwänden aus Holz und Stein verschlossen.

Wir benötigen sehr dringend folgendes Material:

1700 Sand
510 Bretter jeder Art
340 Steinquader
340 Nägel

Ich bitte um jede Mithilfe um unsere Stadt vor einer weiteren Katastrophe zu schützen.
Der Bau der Vorrichtungen beginn unmittelbar nach der Bereitstellung des Materials.
Eine Ansprechperson zur Sammlung des Materials gebe ich in Kürze bekannt.

~Deanna
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Re: flood protection measures / Flutschutzmassnahmen

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Deanna,

I am happy to announce that Cadomyr's citizen came together and managed to gather:
1840(/1700) shovels of sand:
840 from Guir
800 from Inara
200 from Aleytys

510(/510) boards of different woods:
397 from Cadomyr's stock
110 from Inara
3 from Guir

340(/340) stone blocks:
340 from Guir

340(/340) nails:
340 from Guir

6 gold coins from Inara, passing on the payment.
1 gold coin from Aleytys, passing on the payment.
3 gold coins from House Desert Fox, rounding it up to 10 gold coins.
The materials will be sent to Runewick at the next market day in two days.
The gold coins donated to Runewick are meant to cover potential damages to the infrastructure, caused by the flood.

Countess of House Desert Fox

nathi

Post by nathi »

Dear Katharina, dear Cadomyr

This is very good news that brings me some relief and hope.
I hereby thank you and the mentioned citizen personally and officially on behalf of Runewick.

If circumstances permit, I will take over the material personally, unless someone can be found to do this for me.
We do not know how much time we have left, so I will plan the construction work for as soon as possible.

As for your fund for the repair of possible damages, thanks again. I hope very much that we will not have to resort to it.

~Deanna
nathi

Post by nathi »

A ritual as well as a sign from Eldan are a cause for concern that Runewick may be swept over by a tidal wave if we do nothing against it.
Thanks to the spontaneous efforts of Cadomyr citizens, we now have enough sand and building materials in Runewick to start construction. On the south-western shore in the area in front of the tavern, sand dikes and sloping sheet piles are to be erected, through which further sand is washed up by the water stream. The open areas between the harbour walls and the banks with hedges on the island of the air are to be secured with walls.
Construction will start on 11th Zhas 62 at the 15th hour (( 31 October 2020 - 21:00))

~Deanna

<=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o><=><o>

Ein Ritual sowie ein Zeichen Eldans geben Anlass zur Besorgnis, das Runewick von einer Flutwelle überspült werden kann, wenn wir nichts dagegen unternehmen.
Dank des spontanen Einsatzes von Bürgern Cadomyrs haben wir nun genügend Sand und Baustoffe in Runewick vorrätig um mit dem Bau zu beginnen. Am südwestlich Ufern im Bereich vor der Taverne sollen Sanddeiche sowie und schräg verlaufende Spundwände errichten werden, durch die weiterere Sand durch die Strömung angespült wird. Die offenen Bereiche zwischen den Hafenmauern und die Ufer mit Hecken auf der Insel der Lüfte sollen mit Stauwänden gesichert werden.
Baubeginn wird am 11. Zhas 62 zur 15.ten Stunde sein ((31. Oktober 2020 - 21:00 Uhr))

~Deanna