Collection of whishes / suggestions

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Drugar Stonesmasher

Collection of whishes / suggestions

Post by Drugar Stonesmasher »

Not knowing if most of them have ever been suggested or discussed.

I would like all those random lights in the dungeons removed, apart from those that realy may make sense. (easy i suppose)
a. this might add to atmosphere - a gruesome dungeon should be pitchblack
b. make all those light sources a bit more usefull
c. usually those creatures (spiders, undead) simply have no use for light = "realism" as far as one can talk of that

I believe i once asked for donating bags with all their contents or make a donation dialog similar to selling, so you just have to klick through (was said not to be very hard back then)
a. its bothersome to drop the items one by one and depending on how many bags one wants to ged rid of may take 10-20 mins, usually killing my hands.

Creatures visible by line of sight only (now thats most likely not easy) (complicated i suppose)
a. it a bit strange if you can look into a room behind walls and see what is moving there
b. might also add to tension and atmosphere
c. not necessay for creatures that have other means of perception
(maybe the method of putting a roof over those areas migth be an option? , just like when you are standing outside. )

Make dark creatures (or all to make it simple) somewhat stronger on MAS, maybe.. 20% (not to hard?)
a. i believe it is said somewhere that they are stronger at that time, but i did not really notice any difference.
Kyre

Re: Collection of whishes / suggestions

Post by Kyre »

Another far down on the wish list but "would be nice"... I realize we aren't suppose to pay attention to #me as it is emotions.. however would be nice to occasionally use a whispered #me. Particularly for the demons, evil and outlaw chars! Was wishing for this on Gobaith also.

Thanks for reading!
Drugar Stonesmasher

A wish that surfaced within the game yesterday:

The good old Fire-Signal-Chain, in this case from Cadomyr to Galmair.

What might be needed:
A woodstack in Galmair and Cadomyr, where lighting one triggers the burning of the other one.
Maybe also a triggered message, that the fire is burning, or the city guards shouting. (limited to the city?)
Additional maybe: 1-2 Stacks on the mountains in between, that are also triggered and a slim mountain-path to supply those stacks with wood.

in game: The stacks might require a new supply of wood after a certain period (1 month, 1 year..) to work.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

I like the idea, but it should be with limited access, cause otherwise people will just spam-use it, I guess.
Drugar Stonesmasher

True, abuse - if done constantly - would be most anoying.

On the other hand... in rare cases might initiate some nice play.
JacobB

Post by JacobB »

Day / Nigth Cycle
Currently 4 hours of darkeness alternate with 4 hours of brightness.
I personally prefer to play during daylight... the sight on the map is much better, and the game is much more relaxing and enjoyable - at least for me, I play Illarion for enjoyment, not for competion. And I favor fantasy over realism, so for me it does not matter if the day/night cycle matches our real world or not.
Also it could be interesting to have one single night lasting the whole Mas ...
My suggestion is: daylight from 5:00 am to 11:00 pm, night from 11:00 pm to 5:00 am
Drugar Stonesmasher

Problem with that is.. People have different gametimes around the world.
As things are, you got a good chance to have of having daylight at least for a while.

But another wish, because this constantly nearly gets me killed:
In tight action, battle and so forth you at least want to do verbal exchange.
An usually after i fill my dialog with numbers when i want to run instead to escape some deadly situation.
Might it be possible to automatically close the Dialog when the same number is send several times in a short period?
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

But that feature already exists, doesn't it? Similar at least.

https://gyazo.com/69c125e0138c3207d89efd0576524125
JacobB

Post by JacobB »

Drugar Stonesmasher wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:43 pm Problem with that is.. People have different gametimes around the world.
As things are, you got a good chance to have of having daylight at least for a while.
When I regularily come home late from work (9 to 10 pm) I have no chance of having daylight .. it is always night ..
Optimal solution would be to change the length of an IG day to e.g. 7 hours .. than this would not occur.
But since this might have other unwanted effects, I simply suggested to reduce the length of the IG nights.