Illarion needs promotion

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Re: Illarion needs promotion

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

I never said that Illarion does not need promotion, I said that you need something to promote before you can promote it. Stop twisting everything and feeling attacked by other people having a different opinion about things.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Thank you Banduk for pointing out my post might have resulted in some misunderstandings. Nowhere did I write that Illarion must not be promoted! My opinion on this topic never changed. I wanted to express that there are many good points in this thread that starts with your post. There are specific ideas what to do, where to promote, what to improve about the game and in general, a big picture is drawn.

We need to a) make people find Illarion b) make those who find it start playing more than some minutes and c) make long term players stick to the game. It is a) + b) + c), not a) OR b) OR c). At the same time, it doesn’t have to be the same people who do a), b) and c) at the same time. I strongly encourage everyone to help with any of above aspects as seem fit.

I do not think it is constructive to pull this important topic on a personal level. I feel personally criticised not for the first time for not doing X or Y during a timeframe where I clearly announced my absence to the staff. That was April to September this year, mostly due to me not even having internet access. My other recent downtime was November thru January 2018. It is a cornerstone of Illarion’s team work that we are volunteers and may take a break whenever it is necessary as long as it is announced to the rest of the staff. Please have due regard for this golden rule of Illarion’s teamwork and mutual respect for the work of volunteers.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Estralis and other staff, you don't get paid to do this. Every second you invest in Illarion is an act of generosity and anyone with a hint of reason including myself appreciate your efforts a lot. Just a vocal minority that whines otherwise. You don't need to justify yourselves for when you can or can't be around to us.

Regardless of the success of Illarion and the VBU, your efforts are still very appreciated.