No way out of Cadomyr - Lag

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Sammy Goldlieb

No way out of Cadomyr - Lag

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

Hey,

there are a way to much monsters at the gates of Cadomyr. They take players the posibility to get out and since there is no one in Cadomyr the opportunity to rp! No fun, that really s****. Also I noticed when you are at the gates and the monsters run to you, the gatekeeper blocks them. That okay, but that causes masses of lags. I would be thankful for at least the portal to function again.
Mephistopheles

Re: No way out of Cadomyr - Lag

Post by Mephistopheles »

I know it sucks but for only a few days, I personally like alot when gms make Mas a good challenge for rp and for the game. It becomes a real struggle and fun to rp that. Though some will be disappointed and dissatisfied just bear with it for two or three days and rp with the characters, engage in the struggle. Don't head out to do gathering tasks and do the normal morning routine of crafting 100 of such an such for a little money. Drop in irc to see if any players are available to help you, some call it poor rp, but why? you just making a shout out to those who are lurking and waiting for something to happen or help with. If no one's on, then well it sucks but it happens all the time on illa whether it's mas or not.

As for lag, there are some weird bugs that make movement twitchy and makes you type double letters, thats not lag, try relogging when it happens (relaunch not relog). Theres already a mantis ticket for it.
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

I really like it too!

Dont misunderstand me, but it is really devasting to come back to Illa after a break and find no possibility to get out of a monster swarmed place. No player out of oneself, no possibility to fight though those masses of monsters, so - no fun. Log off again. There should be always at least one possibility to get to other places, like a permanent portal during Mas or something else.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

On a temporary note, you can probably nicely ask through !gm to be moved to Runewick or somewhere.

On a more permanent note, your character could probably approach the Cadomyr leadership and bring up the idea of an underground tunnel to the harbor. :wink:
Obsydien

Post by Obsydien »

Sammy Goldlieb wrote:I really like it too!

Dont misunderstand me, but it is really devasting to come back to Illa after a break and find no possibility to get out of a monster swarmed place. No player out of oneself, no possibility to fight though those masses of monsters, so - no fun. Log off again. There should be always at least one possibility to get to other places, like a permanent portal during Mas or something else.
Part of this round of Mas was to purposefully disable teleporting to Cadomyr (it was all a part of the plan). Sorry to hear that this was more discouraging to you than encouraging. It was not our intention to make it too difficult. Chin up! It's almost over!
Manumie

Post by Manumie »

Hello,
I'm a new player and I enjoy Illarion a lot.
But I must say this monster presence at the gate of Cadomyr is quite bothering.
I don't have the fighting skill to kill them, and I get killed before I reach the gate...
In fact I came there to mine, and I won't be able to get to the mines.
Is this the normal course of life near Cadomyr or is it going to calm down ?

Thanks.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The current state is due to a quest that is currently running.

There are usually a lot less hostiles around Cadomyr. Still the outside area around the towns are dangerous places.

But not THAT dangerous.

Nitram
Manumie

Post by Manumie »

Thanks.

So how do I know when it's safe - well, safer - there ?
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Climb the Towns wall and look. :P

Until the Characters of Cadomyr find a solution and make the monsters go away - you have the pleasure to experience a siege. 8)
Manumie

Post by Manumie »

I'd do that if I were there, but I've been respawned in Runewick (my hometown)
If I teleport "blindly" I'm most likely to get killed again.
I got two gold rings destroyed last time, more of a sentimental value, but still :wink:
Two days ago, I just wasn't able to teleport, there was a striking and I stayed in Runewick (although I didn't understand why ; now, I know).
Thanks for the answers.