Wilderness Support

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Kamilar

Wilderness Support

Post by Kamilar »

I notice that there are two GMs assigned to each town. I'm wondering why there are none assigned to the wilderness. Is this to actively discourage players from playing non-faction characters? If not and just an oversight, maybe having GMs promoting the wilderness RP would be a good thing.
Jupiter
Developer

Re: Wilderness Support

Post by Jupiter »

Any Gm can do that.

The town assignmeant is just to know who to talk to about matters concerning the towns.
maryday

Post by maryday »

((It may well be that my level of information is below state of work.
Have fun nonetheless!))

I think this also concerns IG "doves".
How about billboards located in each settlement?

The billboard can be accessed from any settlement.
It can store up to two messages from each player.
Any single message may contain n (say 249) single letters. A header has to be specified first (say 32 letters)
Any message may be deleted by the sender within the time of validity.

Any message has a defined duration of validity. ((Ths is the F2P version :wink: . Something like 2hrs...)) OR
Any message can have an individual (chosen by player, payment as IG-coins) duration (30 minutes up to 6 ? hours + ? ).

I have thought about suggesting to make the 30min choice the cheapest with rising factor, yet descide against it as it might discourage newbies.

And finall, back to topic.
Any Message entered successfully to the billboard system will prompt (Yes, there should be an off-button;) its headline and first two lines to any GMs` screen.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Jupiter wrote:Any Gm can do that.
Sure any GM can but none have to. Unless it's a deliberate omission, it would be nice to have the wilderness RP supported at the same level as the town RP.

For that matter, the characters in the wilderness should count on the high score lists since we have them.

Sorry maryday. I really didn't understand you. :?
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

Kamilar wrote: For that matter, the characters in the wilderness should count on the high score lists since we have them.

I really like this idea and will be moving it to a mantis ticket :D. From there we can see if this is realizable via scripting and engine.
maryday

Post by maryday »

Kamilar wrote: I really didn't understand you.
No problem. I do not expect that.

The billboard could temporary store information on plans or ideas of chars, simulating handbills.
This information could be accessed by other chars.

For example a char living in the wilderness near the Necktie Inn could load up an invitation to a certain place in the vicinity of the Inn.
A char in Galmair could read the message on the Galmair billboard and descide to visit the person who posted the invitation.

To show the state of the billboard it could have different object pictures, showing the exact number of active handbills (no parchment, 1, 2...) up to ten for example.

The basic difference to posts in the forum would be the automatic deletion after a preset time.
There are also other possibilities for this system to fill the gap between forum and chat.
For example delays could be included, depending on the distance between the billboards.
In the future this system could also be linked to an IG-letter system or shared containers.
Also NPCs could be attached to the system, for example night watchmen or heralds.

Selfspoken the billboards could also be used by GMs.

My idea is not directed towards communication between POs who already know each other and could also use teamspeak or chat OOC.
Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Drathe »

I'd like to see some direct GM lead faction rivalry being generated as per the concept of having the tri faction state.